Do you have to put 75 "hard points" into a skill to master it

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this question first off. If it is answered in the first reply, could it kindly be closed as I just want to make sure I read this right.

Ex. having 50 points in constitution and having +30 in +skills does or does not open the mastery.

yes/no

I read a build earlier where it had said leave X skill at 20 and once you have gotten enough +skills to unlock mastery, that skill will be done.

either it was typed wrong or I read it wrong, or maybe it does work...idk

im talking console version

im pretty sure the answer is no

cheers!

:) <---favorite smiley ever

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this question first off. If it is answered in the first reply, could it kindly be closed as I just want to make sure I read this right.

Ex. having 50 points in constituion and having +30 in +skills does or does not open the mastery.

yes/no

I read a build earlier where it had said leave X skill at 20 and once you have gotten enough +skills to unlock mastery, that skill will be done.

cheers!

This is something even I am unsure about. I know for sure, Constitution does not grant in-combat HP regen until you have 75 hard points. Combat Discipline only has 3 ca combos until you have 75 hard points, then it goes to 4. Those I know for sure. The important ones I am unsure about are the Focuses. I do know that going from 74-75 hard points in a Focus does not grant a very big jump in regen time reduction OR Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty, so the theory was put out that at 75 soft points, the consoles grant the mastery bonuses... and I am almost ready to fully test that (need a few more levels on my elf).

Ex. having 50 points in constitution and having +30 in +skills does or does not open the mastery.

yes/no

cheers!

Skill mastery requires 75 hard points into the skill to unlock the mastery bonus. There is a display bug on Console that will display the mastery level bonuses from having point+ Allskills. However, it is not correct.

In Practice no skill can be mastered before Character level 75

In the case of Constitution, mastery level gives an increased HP bonus and activates full time HP regeneration ( normally you have to be idle, not in combat, for at least 5 seconds for regen to occur. only 75 hard points will onlock these bonuses.

im not sure why I used constitution in my ex. but the build was referring to Bargaining...altho shouldnt you keep bargaining close to character level all the way to 200:)

but Constitution is like the main skill I want at 75 every character regardless of soft/hard points..the mod is just to good. :)

yes/no

cheers!

Skill mastery requires 75 hard points into the skill to unlock the mastery bonus. There is a display bug on Console that will display the mastery level bonuses from having point+ Allskills. However, it is not correct.

In Practice no skill can be mastered before Character level 75

In the case of Constitution, mastery level gives an increased HP bonus and activates full time HP regeneration ( normally you have to be idle, not in combat, for at least 5 seconds for regen to occur. only 75 hard points will onlock these bonuses.

In one version of the game (and possibly consoles) it was possible to get mastery through the use of +Skill equipment.

From the llama's mouth:

Which version of Sacred are you using? There was a bug introduced in 2.34 (I think & fixed in 2.40) that allowed Mastery with soft skill points (from +skills on equipment), I think the consoles still have this bug (though I could be wrong) & it didn't work for all skills.
Edited by Dragon Brother
This is something even I am unsure about. I know for sure, Constitution does not grant in-combat HP regen until you have 75 hard points. Combat Discipline only has 3 ca combos until you have 75 hard points, then it goes to 4. Those I know for sure. The important ones I am unsure about are the Focuses. I do know that going from 74-75 hard points in a Focus does not grant a very big jump in regen time reduction OR Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty, so the theory was put out that at 75 soft points, the consoles grant the mastery bonuses... and I am almost ready to fully test that (need a few more levels on my elf).

Well, I believe that the consoles are really screwed up in this department. The "calculation" for the Focuses HCALWP and regen times DO GET MASTERY with soft points @ 75. I had 1 hard point in a Focus and added +75 all skills and the tooltip display has the mastery-level "calculations" instead of teh pre-mastery values (according to wiki).

I have read elsewhere that Toughness also works this way, but I'm an elf now, so I cannot test that one. For modifiers that unlock with ? Mastery (ie all-channel mitigation with armour lore mastery, weapon lores mastery, etc) then 75 hard points is required to unlock that mod. Constitution, Concentration and Combat Disc. require hard points to get mastery benefits. The CA Lores I didn't test, Bargaining I always keep at character level, so I couldn't test that... Riding I am "pretty" sure needs hard points to get the movement speed benefits, EP is really hard to test, I didn't do it. Damage Lore mastery doesn't work on console, I didn't test Tactics Lore or Speed Lore... Divine Devotion doesn't have any benefit from mastery (console or PC, AFAIK)... Ancient Magic I had a char. level and was mastered before the topic came up, sorry. Spell Resistance/Blacksmithing doesn't work on console; Pacifism, and Shield Lore I forgot to test. Combat Reflexes I can't test because my elf can't have it.

Phew :) Anything else? 8)

yes in order to get mastery you have to put 75 hard points into a stat to get its mastery for example concentration even with + skills items and you have it over 75 you wont be able to use the three buffs it says you can until you have put the 75 hard points but you still do get the other bonus which is the reduction of the regeneration time mine is at like 280 something so I regen most spells only take about 1.0 sec to regen so its very very useful

You can get mastery at level 71 if you are good. At least on PC I haven't tried this on console.

What you do is you have 70 hard points in you hit level 71. Then you rapidly jam points in the skill. It doesn't lock if the points are put in fast enough. I have jammed 5 pts in at once but usually only 3 goes in. And that means you have to wait until level 74. 5 rarely ever work but it can be done.

Usually what I do is wait until level 73. Then I have 3 skills at 72. I jam 3 pts in one skill and bring the other two to 73. So one mastery at 73. Then at 74 I jam 2 pts in each of the skills which were at 73. So two more masteries at level 74.