Dragon Mage Island

Upon opening Ancaria as much as possible, I have an area in which I cannot get to no matter how much ocean I jump across.

The very far SouthWest corner of the Ancaria Map. There lies a little island in the very corner, known as, Dragon Mage Island. Noted for its DM player icon on this WORLD MAP.

I know a few of you have actually taken the time *30-40 hours* to open the map as mush as possible. Any pointers/tricks/portals/etc. to obtain this very elusive small island?

Currently at 110.7% map revealed without any dungeons. I have read of people obtaining much higher.

Me wants higher, much higher... :) Woody told me the yesterday I believe. The max possible is 174%.

I know more is possible. Please help!

I remain, :)

I don't thing you can get there in closed net. Only single player as its the start point for the DM Campain.

Well...Loco, I was hopeing for the area, but guess not.

Thanks for the reply. Now at least I know.

Are you using the mount dismount trick to get into the ocean and then jump?

:)

I'll take that as a yes then...maybe you need to keep jumping :) Do you get any closer on the big map to your destination after jumping part of the way?

I've tried to get there by going across the ocean but found there is an unpassable "box" around the island :)

Has anyone managed to get there and if so, how did you do it?

I've tried to get there by going across the ocean but found there is an unpassable "box" around the island :)

Has anyone managed to get there and if so, how did you do it?

I tried as well. the corner seems to be stranded from the rest of the map.

All I seem to find is an unpassable box. I call them DEV lines in which it is just black empty space.

Woody please tell us the way to get out that way. Watched your video, seems it is very possible.

There must be a mini-portal somewhere?

I haven't done the run myself, but I've tried it this morning and as loco said it seems unpassable by only jumping.

I'll send a PM to Slevin to ask him if he know how to get there. :)

Edited by Woody
I haven't done the run myself, but I've tried it this morning and as loco said it seems unpassable by only jumping.

I'll send a PM to Slevin to ask him if he know how to get there. :)

Thanks Much Woody!

Thanks Woody. Looking forward to paying a visit there :P

As do I... :D

I remain, :P

Really interested in this also

AFAIK there's no way other than playing a DM in SP camp. MP DM camp begins on starting isle and tried jumping my SW over there to no avail. I've thought about resurrecting my old mapper to go for world explored record so if there's a way over there I want to know :D

Really interested in this also

AFAIK there's no way other than playing a DM in SP camp. MP DM camp begins on starting isle and tried jumping my SW over there to no avail. I've thought about resurrecting my old mapper to go for world explored record so if there's a way over there I want to know :)

Happy to see you here Knuckles, welcome back!

I heard through the grape vine you had a world explorer. With a huge % revealed.

Kind of off subject but not really as were basically discussing how to open the map.

My question is, I have completely opened as much of the ground level as possible. How did you even begin to keep track of the second & third level Dungeons? I look at Schots DUNGEON MAP and instantly have a feeling of being overwhelmed. Honestly do not even know where to begin. More importantly, how to keep track of which Dungeons are explored vs. which have not yet been.

Anyone know of a mod specificly for this type of scenario? For example, upon entering a Dungeon the entrance is bold black with a white surround. When exiting, the entrance now becomes white with a bold black surround?

Just an idea.

Edited by Etherian

What I did was download the dungeon maps and checked off (just used paint shop to but a big 'x' on each one) each dungeon as I entered it. There are several dungeons only accessible via quests.

It's best to do in camp as it's the only way to visit the seraphim arena I believe with a SW. And it's easier to keep track of all the quests in 'freeplay' won't retain list once you sign off.

I got up to about 140% but that was before Ice and Blood came out. If I try again it'll probably be in SP, that way I can access DM starting unless another way is found.

perhaps DM island isn't really on world map but is a separate layer? When I started my 1st DM I wondered if they might be the best explorers, only because they have access to this island and no one else does.

I didn't know there was a 2nd layer of dungeons, explains why Slevin said there are 3 layers on a SIF post.

What I did was download the dungeon maps and checked off (just used paint shop to but a big 'x' on each one) each dungeon as I entered it. There are several dungeons only accessible via quests.

It's best to do in camp as it's the only way to visit the seraphim arena I believe with a SW. And it's easier to keep track of all the quests in 'freeplay' won't retain list once you sign off.

I got up to about 140% but that was before Ice and Blood came out. If I try again it'll probably be in SP, that way I can access DM starting unless another way is found.

Really? The Seraphim Arena is available (at least in SP mode) to one and all - by doing the Arena in the Clouds quest. It's that 3 parter where you talk to a seraphim in the northwest corner of the main island who wants to test your mettle against some demons. Demons, More Demons and Even More Demons are the 3 parts of the quest.

Pretty sure the arena above clouds quest only exists in light campaign, but it has been a while since I did the Shadow campaign.

Nope.. Just went thru there with my Inquisitor who is, just about as evil as evil gets and he indeed got to do the 3 quests...

Either way, you get to visit the arena. Though, it would seem the Shadow Warrior gets to do it twice.

I was under the assumption, Arena above the Clouds, was an SP only chain quest to test a characters survivablitiy?

Correct me if I'm wrong here please.

I remain, :bounce:

I was under the assumption, Arena above the Clouds, was an SP only chain quest to test a characters survivablitiy?

Not sure if that's the true purpose of it but it's what I used it for on SP with the 0070 CM-patch.

It IS a single player only quest. Took one of my characters up to Seraphim Island for a visit in multiplayer. No sign of the Seraphim who issued the quest in Single Player mode.

As for a test of your survivability.. Eh.. I suppose you could look at it that way - more like the Seraphim's idea of testing your mettle. But I suppose you get to sample the data as well. Not that those guys are all that difficult to handle if you've built your character's skills right.

It IS a single player only quest. Took one of my characters up to Seraphim Island for a visit in multiplayer. No sign of the Seraphim who issued the quest in Single Player mode.

As for a test of your survivability.. Eh.. I suppose you could look at it that way - more like the Seraphim's idea of testing your mettle. But I suppose you get to sample the data as well. Not that those guys are all that difficult to handle if you've built your character's skills right.

Furian referred to the CM 070 patch, which was a tiny bit buggy with that particular quest. instead of 3 rounds of 1-3-6 it gave 3-9-18 I think. And there was a summoner boss demon in the mix. it was corrected in the 080 patch, but was a real eye opener if you were expecting to only see a few demons.