Questions about purchasing Sacred 2 gold....

Good day to everyone!

I used to play Sacred 2 single player quite alot when it first came out, but was never able to try out the expansion due to it not being released in the United States. Now, I am getting the bug to play it again, and I see that there seems to be a way for a US player like myself to buy it from a download (the UK version). I just have a few questions before I proceed further, and would appreciate any answers I can get!

1. I notice that link to Sacred 2 Gold on DLgamer here on the site that it is listed in pounds. If I were to charge this to my debit card does the transaction automatically convert the amount to dollars? I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have never bought anything in another currency like this....and such as it is I am ignorant in the matter.

2. Am I going to have any compatability issues from purchasing the game from the UK as a US player? From the looks of a few topics I have read here it seems no, but I just want to be on the positive side before spending the money.

3. Other than the changes in the expansion, are there any differences in the US and UK versions of the game that may disuade me? I am almost exclusively a single player person.

Any answers I can get to enlighten me would be greatly appreciated. I do apologize if these seem like wierd questions, but I am completely ignorant when purchasing products from outside the United States.

Thanks!

~Rathmaker~

Good day to everyone!

I used to play Sacred 2 single player quite alot when it first came out, but was never able to try out the expansion due to it not being released in the United States. Now, I am getting the bug to play it again, and I see that there seems to be a way for a US player like myself to buy it from a download (the UK version). I just have a few questions before I proceed further, and would appreciate any answers I can get!

1. I notice that link to Sacred 2 Gold on DLgamer here on the site that it is listed in pounds. If I were to charge this to my debit card does the transaction automatically convert the amount to dollars? I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have never bought anything in another currency like this....and such as it is I am ignorant in the matter.

2. Am I going to have any compatability issues from purchasing the game from the UK as a US player? From the looks of a few topics I have read here it seems no, but I just want to be on the positive side before spending the money.

3. Other than the changes in the expansion, are there any differences in the US and UK versions of the game that may disuade me? I am almost exclusively a single player person.

Any answers I can get to enlighten me would be greatly appreciated. I do apologize if these seem like wierd questions, but I am completely ignorant when purchasing products from outside the United States.

Thanks!

~Rathmaker~

I'm a US player who also bought the European version of Sacred Gold (boxed copy) and have had no problems playing it on the European servers. Yes, Sacred 2 can be a little finicky at times (freeze up) but it depends on the operating system-Win 7, Vista, XP-that you are using. I have been playing the campaign mode (single player) and am currently running 10 toons. I had no problem using my US saved games with the Gold version after installing the Gold version. One of the nice things the Gold version does is give you a personal imp when you first load up a saved game from the US version whereas the imp was only available in multiplayer in the US version. Unlike the US version any new characters you create in Gold can be personalized somewhat, hair, skin color, imp color.

I charged my purchase to my credit card and the monthly statement showed a charge in US dollars instead of pounds.

Good day to everyone!

Thanks!

~Rathmaker~

For what it's worth, if Windows Vista and 7 can come with a currency exchange rate gadget, I'm sure banks/credit card companies can figure out how to convert currencies and how much to charge in US dollars. Nothing to worry about... :)

There is a thread somewhere in this section of the forum with 'cookbook' instructions on what to do when for installation. For example what patches with links and what order to do the things in.

I highly recommend searching for it.

Another tip would be to download the patches while you are downloading the game which I think will save you time ultimately.

There is a thread somewhere in this section of the forum with 'cookbook' instructions on what to do when for installation. For example what patches with links and what order to do the things in.

I highly recommend searching for it.

Another tip would be to download the patches while you are downloading the game which I think will save you time ultimately.

Yup, I already started those downloads when I began to download Sacred Gold.

31% done.....gah I wanna try out the Dragon Mage! lol

"Foreign" currency purchases are automatically converted to your "local" currency by the card provider (your bank/etc) at their own rate, which will be based on the market's conversion rate plus some form of "admin fee" (that would either be in the form of either a "worse" rate or a flat fee, but it would probably be all rolled in to one figure that you see going through on your card).

"Common" currencies (eg, USD/GBP/EUR) would likely be subject to a lower exchange fee than unusual currencies as the bank would have higher volumes of transactions resulting in lower charges to them which they pass on to you.

Awesome Jeremy! Another fan steps forth for da crown! :)

You thinking of playing Closed with us? If you do, there's a good number of us playing in servers, we can help with start up gold, runes, mount good stuff ^^

:)

gogo

Thanks for the welcomes. I plan on playing some online, but with my travel schedule for work I find myself playing single player almost exclusively (one of the few things that sucks about my career is that I do not get to play online with people as much as I used to in the past).

I was very pleased to see the purchase, download, and installation went flawless. The changes I have seen in the game with the expansion so far are excellent. The character customization options are cool, and the imp is so cool. I am able to run the game on Very High settings, and the game seems to look better than I remember from before the expansion. The graphics just look cleaner, and smoother than before.

The Dragon Mage seems like a neat character, but I still think I am going to like my High Elf better. The Dragon Mage seems like is going to take quite a bit of work to completely figure out.

Good drop wishes to all of you!

~Rathmaker~

If you are going to play single player, I suggest using the CM-patch, this mod/patch made by Czevack,Marcuswob and maybe a couple others fixes a pile of bugs, restates quests, opens up the Xmas quest once more... adds a couple items who were left in the database, fixed some setboni, added new sets... And probably much more...