Nice backup and item storage tool

Gordius

I downloaded and am now using something called "MD-SavegameManager". Features include being able to save as many versions/copies of the Shared chest as I like so Mules will soon be a thing of the past for me. Obviously, from the name, it does give an easy way of backing up your characters/chest(s)/savegames. If you play or have played Diablo 2 it's a bit like using ATMA. I call it cheating so not using that bit but it does come with copies of every set, excellent gear, etc if that is your kind of thing. It only works for SP and LAN. It is German but gives an option to install in English. Compatable with Ice and Blood. Highly recommended.

Website for the thing is http://www.megadev.info/DE/Tools-mdt-Tools...ameManager.html The site is in German but on that page there is a word "Download" which will help you I hope :)

I am sure a lot of people are using it but I haven't seen it mentioned before so I think worthy of a thread.

This tool allows the savegames of the Windows Vista and 7 standard you to delete. You can also backup, restore, and his move savegames. Additionally, it contains a large collection of items and set items for the action-RPG Sacred 2, for the SP / LAN / OpenNet installed will be able to demand for ever. It's possible by trader characters or the chest (the chest in the game-sheet for "All characters").
FYI... There's an icon in the upper right portion of their page that allows you to switch the language - the default is German, but it also comes in English...

The link to the page in English is http://www.megadev.info/EN/Tools-mdt-Tools...ameManager.html

Looks like it might be a promising tool.

The tool also comes with a set of savegames and chests featuring all avbailable sets, uniques and legendaries ingame.

Someone might say it is cheating. :)

FYI... There's an icon in the upper right portion of their page that allows you to switch the language - the default is German, but it also comes in English...

The link to the page in English is http://www.megadev.info/EN/Tools-mdt-Tools...ameManager.html

Looks like it might be a promising tool.

The tool also comes with a set of savegames and chests featuring all avbailable sets, uniques and legendaries ingame.

Someone might say it is cheating. :)

Yah.. I grabbed a copy of it.. Installed it.. Couldn't figure out exactly how to back up my existing games let alone restore them. The prefab save games were interesting.. And yes, definitely cheating. Definitely a down and dirty way to get the Fashion Police trophy.. Still... Might not be quite so bad. They start with level 15, 7 million odd Gold and a clean slate. Full set of the armor you install - from the first available level all the way up to the highest variation that will fit in your pack. If nothing else, you get to learn how your character might behave with a full set of a given armor set... I suppose it might be ok in that regard.

Heya,

not bad for SP testing chars....:)

Would totally destroy the fun of finding stuff yourself tho...:)

Greetz

Edit, ima look at deleting prefabs and making this into a mule system for SP, filling them with my own gear :)

Edited by Barristan

Regarding the items, sets, etc which come with the tool. I agree it would be cheating to use them so although I did take a look at a few things I restored my character and chest back to how it was before I started looking around.

I have been keeping backups of the savegame folder since I started playing Sacred 2 but I think the only time I have used any of the few I keep was after a reinstall of the game. When I downloaded the tool I had in mind to use that to keep my backups instead of copy and paste but I don't think I will be doing that, very useful for replacing the mules I have (I keep sets mostly) because I have so many of them, I think that is all I will use it for.

Regarding how to backup characters using the tool. It's on the first tab you see, "Savegames and Sacred2 Heroes". Just select a character from the bottom window (they are your savegames) and click on "Backup selected savegame". One problem that I have with doing that is the files are called, for example, ... [hero01] ... , and although I know how to lookup who [hero01] is the tool doesn't do it for you which is a shame. I have maybe 20 "heroes" of my own, maybe 6 I play with and the others are mules! I think the best way is simply to save the mule's chest (must have everything in the shared chest) because you have the option under "Sacred2 Set-chests" to give your saved chest a filename.

This might seem obvious to some but if you do decide to "install" a backed up chest you MUST backup your existing chest first then restore it when you finish "muling" to chest or you will lose your original shared part of the chest.

Nice tool, I tried it and loved it!

It let me try out complete sets for my character that I was not sure whether I would use or not. I had been carrying around pieces of these sets for ages, taking up valuable chest space, trying to collect the set to try. Now I know which sets I will want to collect and which I will sell off to save space.

Heya,

I did not really like it... I messed around with it a bit... deleted sets and replaced them with my own gear.... turns out that for me.. chances of overwriting e.d. are very big... I uninstalled it, and will keep to my own mules.

For those who are better at this, it could be an option.

Greetz