Dual Swords and Pelting Strikes.

Graeystone

One thing I've noticed about DS/PS combo is that sometimes the Seraphim will kill a bunch of enemies that are on top of her but if she still has a swing or two left for PS and if there is an enemy is outside of the range of a sword swing(relatively speaking 2 or 3 feet) she will take the swing and hit the enemy even though by rights its outside of the sword's strike zone.

Is this intentional or is it a bug?

On a side note - do unique mounts carry over to higher difficulties(Silver, Gold, Etc) or is that completely reset?

Edited by Graeystone

Yeah...Its a bug...seems to happen sometimes with that sort of combat art...was in the original game too...guess it was just one of those things they couldn't (wouldnt?) get rid of...I assume it would take alot of work to recode stuff to fix it though and since ascaron is bust now anyway...

Yes, you get to keep your mounts when you move to the next difficulty.

Yeah, I came to the conclusion that PS doesn't know the difference between a Pole Arm/2H Staff/Sword(which would have the reach) and a regular sword.

'course if I EVER get a pair of lightsabers I can just pretend my Serph. is using the Force.

It's probably just easier for the dev's to allow you to hit the 'next closest target' with each swing, rather than having to test the proximity of the targets on each attempt. Less processing = faster gameplay = better gaming experience.

I don't think anyone would ever actually complain about it :D

haha, I wasn't accusing you of complaining :D

I can just imagine the dev's thinking that as they discussed the mechanics of the CA.

I am fairly (not 100%, but close enough) certain that the 'range' of the 'attack' (pelting strike, frenzied rampage, etc) is the same radius as the Q item pickup.

If your on console, just know that it is fairly large, about a 5m radius around the character.

Like someone said, with this type of game and how it's played it is simply much easier and bug free this way.

In earlier versions, there was an actual 'range' and it screwed over those type of combat arts incredibly. It was like a 99% chance to never switch targets if the first one went down with hits in the animation remaining.

Trust me, it's much better this way.

Cheers

I am fairly (not 100%, but close enough) certain that the 'range' of the 'attack' (pelting strike, frenzied rampage, etc) is the same radius as the Q item pickup.

If your on console, just know that it is fairly large, about a 5m radius around the character.

Like someone said, with this type of game and how it's played it is simply much easier and bug free this way.

In earlier versions, there was an actual 'range' and it screwed over those type of combat arts incredibly. It was like a 99% chance to never switch targets if the first one went down with hits in the animation remaining.

Cheers

I agree with you. All my toons that use multihit CAs seem to hit within that range. Sometimes it looks funny as a creature starts to run at my toon from outside the range and just as it gets within "the circle" he falls down when my toon is using the CA.

Cheers

I agree with you. All my toons that use multihit CAs seem to hit within that range. Sometimes it looks funny as a creature starts to run at my toon from outside the range and just as it gets within "the circle" he falls down when my toon is using the CA.

Or better yet when they try to retreat, get the strike edge then WHAM! ;)

marchlord - I noticed that today. After PS'ing a mob and not moving, I did a quick pickup and saw that one of corpses was right on the green circle.