Dryad build feedback

so I'm on 360 and built myself a lil dryad focusing on cap hun/nat weave. the plan is to not use voodoo at all as I don't enjoy spamming magic...but I am getting 75 concentration because I love summoning things and want a critter. anywhoot...currently I'm lvl52 just unlocked gold.

the build.

cap hun focus-30

range-10

tactics lore-52

combat reflexes-5

armor lore-12

concentration-1

nat weave focus-42

nat weav lore-23

EP-5

the plan is to use ranged (I really wanna use blowpipes specifically but I have yet to find a blowpipe that lets me out dps my bows on mobs or single targets, excluding fenfire/bats)

I do not have any bargaining characters-only other high level is a 75 shadow warrior. he does have EP and pulls some nice drops out of the ogre cave tho.

the problem I'm having is that I really felt like I needed constitution toward the end of silver and I really want bargaining. that would be the fence I'm on. please push me one way or the other. massive hitpoint bonus/regen in comat...or insane shopping skillz?!?! also if I got either one I would plan on putting 75 hard points in it.

oh, also, right now I have a few ranged points because I didn't have all skills an such so the early game was pretty rough goings until level 25 or so. do many 2 star blowpipes require ranged mastery? any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I have only started a dryad so please keep that in mind but I see two ways of looking at it.

1. Take bargain, you are ranged anyway and with Goldagan? touch you should be able to stay alive. Use your shopping skills to make up for the hitpoints and hitpoint regen.

2. Take Constitution and make another bargain character to find all of the gear that you need. Personally I would probably go with option number one.

thanks for the quick reply! I have going over this in my head for a while now....but after spending the last cpl hours in the swamp and the great machine I think I'm goign to end up going constitution. there's just to much possible damage to be taken by crit hit from fire. ancient bark is a very heavy part of the build so it's on 24/7 and stacked up with that my goldenglade touch, it's very nice, but it still doesn't seem to be able to cover massive fire damage. I'll just stick it out. another thing that swayed me is I still have 5 points in EP and I've found (3) +3 all skills with something useful accessories already. if it were pc I'd definitely go bargaining but the clumsy hoops ascaron makes us jump through on console makes me feel like con would be a much much safer build. items will come in time. and I have plenty. thanks again.

Dryads can be awfully fun!

I like the bargain skill to find new blowpipes. I don't care for the bows but the blowguns are suhweeet! Instant hit!

Viper disease is crazy for mobbin' along with a malitious totem.

Bossn' is easy with the tangle vine keeping them in place.

Your pet can really be helpful. I like the dragon pet myself.

ZConnor

I agree with you on the fact that dryads are fun connor...I'm just not interested in having a dirty lil ho with VD. juuuust a lil to cheap for me. run around spamming that crap with your eyes closed...I've already found 3 rare blow guns tho. so I'm going constitution. just got that dry (who's now level 67) got her first death on gold nomonuil er w/e...that last necro right before the final boss. he killed me in one hit.

at the time of my death I was using a level 75stalworth safegaurd/poison star combo, level 25 ancient bark, level 25 sinister predator. kinda cheap getting one shotted like that and it wasn't even magic. I dunno what that spell he does is but it's lame. constitution all the way on that 10th slot. staying alive is waaay more fun than shopping. I'm using all set pieces level 60 and 75 for armor with a total 10k+armor and 2.5k elemental defense for ice and magic when he killed me too. granted my survival bonus was at 90 but still...lame. if it wasn't for this weak ass game's slow aiming reticule I'd have lived for the record tho. still can't believe how stupid ascaron in making a targeting reticule move slower than you can run...

Heya,

IF you want to take the Dryad up high, and you do not yet have shoppers in place, or a large stash of 'Gems of Life' or something like that, go for Constitution. Higher up, the Dryad really needs it.

Yes, you are ranged, you will one-shot everything (that's what she does best), but there are situations where that, even with running GGT, will not cut it.

Imagine porting into the Great Machine for a Guardian run. The last monolith is surrounded by at least 3 fen fires, and whoops, forgot to use the proper relics. That is where she will have a tough time for example. Guardians 1 and 3 stun... and hit harder in plat/niob. A reflect from Scorp King/Grun Dragon or an ordinary turtle.... With the damage the Dryad can put out.... reflects are serious.

Now, for toons with an energy shield, skipping constitution is ok. For a toon without that, and without a line of shoppers to sustain her, she will be very tricky at least. A dryad without constitution is a challenge. So if you are in need of that, go for it! :)

Greetz

If I am not mistaken, Nimonuil can reflect too.... might have been your own damage doing you in there...

Edited by Barristan
If I am not mistaken, Nimonuil can reflect too.... might have been your own damage doing you in there...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was that he uses Reverse Polarity (reflects ranged damage) and Purifying Chastiment (does insane damage when he has low HP).

One of those always gets my ranged toons, especially when he uses Dislodged Spirit as well.

@aznhick, Welcome! Yes, the console targeting system is not too good, but IMO as good as you're gonna get with this type of game... :viking: