Help finish off my Seraphim

I have been working on a dual wield Seraphim. I use all of her melee abilities as well as Flaring Nova, Radiating Pillar, Baneful Smite and archangels wraith. I have modded them to debuff/slow for the most part. I have put most of attribute points into Vit. I am having real hard time figuring out her last skill choice though. I want to be able to move on to higher levels soon. Here are my skills.

1. EW focus

2. Tactics lore

3. Dual wield

4. Armor lore

5. CM focus

6. RT focus

7. Enhanced perception

8. Bargain

9. Concentration

That leaves me with one more skill choice. I having weighing the benefits of CM Lore or Combat Discipline. Here is my thinking on both skills.

CM Focus: This would allow me to more easily mod up Cleansing Brilliance and Baneful Smite. Would also benefit from plus all combat art skills. The main reason in my mind to take this though is the fact that it will help out my Hallowed Restoration. Does it improve it by a significant amount? I don't have Constitution so I need some health regen. Would improve the damage of my CB buff.

Combat Discipline: The main benefit would be the fact that it improves the damage of ALL my Combat Arts not just one aspect. It would also let me put important skills such as HR, Pelting Strikes and Flaring Nova into a combo spot to get better regen. Although at the moment all my AW skills are around 1.9 sec regen and I don't plan on eating many runes. I just try and socket plus all combat arts. It would also obviously let me make bigger, stronger combos. I have not figured out how to change a combo though? Is this possible? Say I have PS and SH in a combo could I later change that combo to PS and Flaring Nova ? If so how?

The only other skill I am really considering is Constitution but I would prefer a damage skill and use HR plus Divine Protection to stay alive. I can also socket gear with plus health regen and have been spending most of my attribute points on VIT.

Is there anything else I am overlooking? I would greatly appreciate any opinions on which I should choose as my last skill. (almost forgot) Does Combat Discipline improve the range of my spells such as Flaring Nova or Radiating Pillar? I thought I read that but when I looked back at the wiki it does not mention it in the write up. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Um, As far as I know, Combat Discipline only helps Combat Art Damage when those Combat Arts are in a combo. About your 2nd question about Combat Art Range, that would be a no, Combat Discipline does not help as far as I know....Honestly though, for your last skill choice, I'd take a defensive skill because it seems from my Experience that you can never go wrong with 2 Defensive Skills! But might I recommend Constitution....One last thought, with all the skills you have to reduce regen times, you can increase your Combat Art level quite a bit while raising the damage and more than likely keeping the regen times down!

Edited by Sacred Guru
Um, As far as I know, Combat Discipline only helps Combat Art Damage when those Combat Arts are in a combo. About your 2nd question about Combat Art Range, that would be a no, Combat Discipline does not help as far as I know....Honestly though, for your last skill choice, I'd take a defensive skill because it seems from my Experience that you can never go wrong with 2 Defensive Skills! But might I recommend Constitution....One last thought, with all the skills you have to reduce regen times, you can increase your Combat Art level quite a bit while raising the damage and more than likely keeping the regen times down!

Combat Discipline increases the damage of all combat arts, regardless of whether they are in a combo or not. However, it doesnt effect the melee based Combat Arts as much as your spells. It only increases the bonus damage that your melee spells do (So if pelting strikes is weapon damage +20% then combat discipline only increases that 20%), it increases the whole portion of your spell damage however. Just something to think about.

Combat Discipline increases the damage of all combat arts, regardless of whether they are in a combo or not. However, it doesnt effect the melee based Combat Arts as much as your spells. It only increases the bonus damage that your melee spells do (So if pelting strikes is weapon damage +20% then combat discipline only increases that 20%), it increases the whole portion of your spell damage however. Just something to think about.

Thanks you Dragon Brother, I honestly was not sure about the Combo Part of what I said....

Edited by Sacred Guru

Thanks Dragon Brother, and to everyone else for their thoughts. So, thats one so far for Constitution. I want a way to boost my spell damage though and I kinda of like the thrill of being able to die. Although, the game might get much harder then I imagine. I have considered Sword Lore but I dunno. I like to be able to use hafted weapons as well. Right now I am using an Officers Saber and Timboras Curse. I have enough attack speed from DW and Dashing A. Are there much better mods later? Such as Severe Wounds? I would like to have Sword Lore but not sure my build has room. Still pretty unsure, would love to hear more thoughts.

im really new myself, but I have found Toughness to be a very useful skill. It definitely helps with survival. I know you said you like the possibility of dying, but I still think this is a good skill to have.

Heya,

if you can sustain an energy shield, go ahead and skip constitution. Dual wielding and picking an extra Weapon Lore is not really the way the go imho. Only if you are looking for that one mod, that is unlocked by sword lore. If that is essential to you build, it could be an option, but not my choice.

That being said, I think you WILL need either Warding Energy Lore for your shield, OR constitution. Going without both is really gonna hamper your build later on. A pity you will miss out on damage, but Bargainers just cannot have it all...

Greetz

Heya,

if you can sustain an energy shield, go ahead and skip constitution. Dual wielding and picking an extra Weapon Lore is not really the way the go imho. Only if you are looking for that one mod, that is unlocked by sword lore. If that is essential to you build, it could be an option, but not my choice.

That being said, I think you WILL need either Warding Energy Lore for your shield, OR constitution. Going without both is really gonna hamper your build later on. A pity you will miss out on damage, but Bargainers just cannot have it all...

Greetz

Really? so I won't be able to survive without WE lore or Constitution? That is a shame, just wondering though if I take CM Lore it will help my damage as well as Hallowed Restoration. I imagine that in later difficulties HR is not enough to keep me alive?

As far as unlocking higher levels of play such as Niob. I just have to beat the main quest line correct? Once I beat silver will I be able to take any new character into gold? Or just the character I beat silver with?