Discuss builds you want to see

Work send me on travels for at least next 2 months, seeing my family only weekends, so I may have some time to play Sacred2 again. I can't play online but I could test out characters. Is there a character idea you never saw a guide?

Decembre 2008 forums read that polearm melee elves were impossible to play, so I tried one to niob.

Then I saw fun pictures of Kungfu dryads and I did a weaponless dryad to niob.

We played elves which hadn't any aspect lores, dragon mages which had every aspect focus and lore, ....

Staff dryads were quickly thrown away, to few challenge, ...

So what is left to be tried out? Give me some ideas, perhaps character ideas you wanted to play but didn't know how. Here they can be discussed and I may try out to make some of them playable.

One thing to be known: I play CM-patch.

Heya,

not exactly novelty, but how about a ranged Seraphim, not using BFG. Not that it will be a real challenge tho.... has quite nice Combat Arts for ranged combat.

Greetz

Ranged in which way? Bow, throwing star, staff, ... or even vials (CM-patch)?

My wife plays a staff seraphim (she started befor we know about the staff bug). She says it looks as if the seraphim does martial art kata: fighting imaginary enemies. In fact they are just off screen , but the staff strike animations is done at place of seraphim.

A vial thrower in CM-patch could be interesting too: vials have chance to hit more enemies scaling with ranged lore. And you can get it really high with BFG (not taking it as a weapon, just for the buff).

Just 3 rules for my build:

No bargaining skill

No Shadow Warrior

No support (from shoppers/smithers or player chest.)

As an additional challenge, I chose a Source-Warden Temple Guardian. But I cannot seem to be able to damage bosses enough to... er... kill them; without going into a Hybrid-type of build.

My question is: Is it possible? What combination has these rules and finished Niobium without death?

PS I wouldn't expect too many others to take this type of challenge, since it is very underpowered, and actually not too fun to play :)

Ranged in which way? Bow, throwing star, staff, ... or even vials (CM-patch)?

My wife plays a staff seraphim (she started befor we know about the staff bug). She says it looks as if the seraphim does martial art kata: fighting imaginary enemies. In fact they are just off screen , but the staff strike animations is done at place of seraphim.

A vial thrower in CM-patch could be interesting too: vials have chance to hit more enemies scaling with ranged lore. And you can get it really high with BFG (not taking it as a weapon, just for the buff).

Heya,

I'd say a bow :) I tried vials already, and they have LL% too, so kinda easy. But then again, bow with pelting and and SH....

your choice :)

Greetz

Since my Triple aspect dual lore Dragon mage is now pushing up daisies, I'm in need of a new build. When I was out of internet use I ran a Ranged weapon Seraphim and was trying to get good Area of Effect spells going. Ranged weapon was a pistol used for RpH for the Castable CA. I really enjoy triple aspect builds. Being able to cast any CA for every situation, casting multiple combos stacking the area with destruction. Using RpH to recast.

Concentration- 3 buffs by level 75

ranged weapon- attack speed

combat discipline-3-4 combat art combos

Exalted Warrior Focus

Celestial Magic Focus

Revered Technology Focus

Armor Lore

Thats 7 skills, 3 open. not sure which Lores to take or if a lore would be better than the aspect focus. I'm ultimately looking for a toon that I can play through niobium, with minimal map and quests completed until Niobium where I can slow down and enjoy the discovery of everything

I'm on a new mission, time to empty the chests and make room.

I tend to only want to play magic-based characters... so I would vote for a Voodoo Dryad without Alchemy.

Alchemy (unused by most, but used extensively by your family) fills in the holes in any build. Now, my argument is beginning to turn to adding it in... for that very reason.

I would like to see a hybrid character (minimum 2 aspects) for each class that does not use ranged nor melee attacks. At all. Ever. Even against bosses. Goodbye rph. Goodbye life leech. Hello challenge!

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Voodoo dryad: somehow all my voodoo tries are hybrids. You need acute mind, combat discipline, ancient magic to make a decent totem damage. But once you have it: with the very same skills and spells roots, vines and dustdevils are doing nice damage too, even without tactic lore or nature lore. If not using a weapon for RpH: in niob reaching a 100% chance to halve regeneration time is possible.

Hunter focus to fight inside a dust devil: evasion, combat art block and damage

shield lore

nature focus: ancient bark

armour

voodoo focus

concentration

combat discipline

ancient magic

constitution

And now the interesting question: nature lore or voodoo lore. Nature lore would boost acute mind intelligence and so totem too. And allowing to fight beasts without a fitting shrunken head with nature spells.

Deciding to go nature lore would force to keep voodoo focus at level to modify all spells. But we would be able to reduce cooldown of totems to quite low levels.

Sorce warden TG:

Not going hybrid is not using a weapon and not using an offensive spell from another aspect? But buffs would be allowed?

Sorce warden TG:

Not going hybrid is not using a weapon and not using an offensive spell from another aspect? But buffs would be allowed?

Original plan was using Devout for Combat Alert (for riposte mod) and Shields only... then expanded to using Dedicated Blow with Stun... then expanded to mounted double-hits... still I was having 20-30 mins to kill a boss. But I was trying to stay away from any weapon-attacks :)

2 things I tried that solved the problem... Bargaining... and adding a Fusion skill for modifying Jolting Touch... but the challenge was to find another way without these "tried and true" solutions.

I did have Primal Mutation fully modded for fire damage, helpless, helpless but at low levels the attribute reduction was not enough to make the Area of Effect do enough damage.

Just 3 rules for my build:

No bargaining skill

No Shadow Warrior

No support (from shoppers/smithers or player chest.)

As an additional challenge, I chose a Source-Warden Temple Guardian. But I cannot seem to be able to damage bosses enough to... er... kill them; without going into a Hybrid-type of build.

My question is: Is it possible? What combination has these rules and finished Niobium without death?

PS I wouldn't expect too many others to take this type of challenge, since it is very underpowered, and actually not too fun to play ;)

I can vouch for that... My first character when I got the game installed was a Temple Guardian. The majority of the baddies weren't too bad - until I got to the dragons in the caves. The big boss dragon - Xanthier - had him running with his tail between his legs. Tho, oddly, the other dragon in the dwarven cave in Grunvald was a piece of cake. He must have been kinda sickly without having the cult feeding him regularly. And he was definitely a hybrid..

So the TG should be playable without using a weapon or battery, not having anything modified in lost fusion, ...

Is he allowed to use the non weapon combat arts from devout guardian?

Are normal weaponless hits allowed?

So the TG should be playable without using a weapon or battery, not having anything modified in lost fusion, ...

Is he allowed to use the non weapon combat arts from devout guardian?

Are normal weaponless hits allowed?

So, my finals rules were - no Deathly Spears, No lost fusion skills, No Tactics lore. No bargaining and no "support" (chest, trading network).

Everything else is OK... weapons, arm gun, unmodified Fusion Combat Arts, mounted battle extension trick, Devout Focus, Dedicated Blow, Combat Alert, godspell.

Originally I started with stricter rules, but had to revise the rules a little when I started trying bosses.

The only direct attack spell iin source warden is primal mutation. Would you do a double modification for stat reducing?

I did a list of the 6 combat arts which I know to be able to reduce stat:

"boss_fog_schwaechen"

entry0 = {"et_debuff_stats", 200, 5, 0, 42 },

"boss_scorpion_schmutzwolke"

entry1 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 0, 8 },

entry2 = {"et_debuff_stats", 1000, 100, 0, 42 },

"boss_fog_hurricane"

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1500, 5, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_debuff_stats", 500, 10, 0, 42 },

"in_uw_seelenraub"

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 595, 5, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_debuff_stats", 240, 10, 0, 42 },

entry5 = {"et_debuff_stats", 153, 7, 3, 42 },

"tw_en_mutieren"

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 0, 8 },

entry7 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 4, 42 },

entry9 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 6, 42 },

"dm_me_mahlstrom"

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 800, 6, 0, 8 },

entry2 = {"et_debuff_stats", 110, 1, 0, 42 },

entry9 = {"et_debuff_stats", 55, 1, 5, 42 },

Is this a chance or actually the per cent of stats reduced. If it are the per cent, remembering the nasty stat loss at the scorpion boss, then it would be more than 100% follpowing the above formula.

I think the debuff-stats modifier is scaled down to always stay below 100%. The sand attack of the scorpion with 100% +10% per combat art level else would reduce more stats then you have.

So if we compare the combat arts a player can do:

Inquisitor and dislodged spirit:

24% + 1% per level unmodified, modification adds 15.3% +.7% per level, so a level 100 can do: 209.3% unscaled

TG and primal mutation:

ca level 100, both modifiers: 60% unscaled

Dragon Mage mahlstrom:

ca level 100 with modifier: 36.5% unscaled

Would you modify Primal Mutation for 2 times stat reducing for a better usage in niob in a source warden build?

TO DO:

If someone has a lot of free time:

Equip your character with life X% leech and fight a high hitpoints enemy:

Write down the extra damage before a primal mutation (dislodged spirit) hitted, the life leech after one debuff, after 2 debuffs, ...

The test would be to test if stat reducing spells are stacked and then scaled down.

Edited by chattius

Well...at a guess it would probably follow this formula: 1-1/(1+(x+y*CAlvl)/1000)

Most debuffs seem to follow it pretty neatly, and it would thus approach a reduction of 100% asymptotically.

Edit: If thats right, picking the debuff mod for dislodged would result in a max debuff at a level 200 CA of 79% reduction, mutation with mod would reach 33% reduction and maelstrom a 36% reduction.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Yes, could be the formula.

What I was interested in:

Lets say a 60% stat-debuff hits:

1-1/(1+(x+y*CAlvl)/1000)

1-1/(1+.6) = 1-1/1.6= 3/8 = 37,5% scaled down

If now a second spells hits, will it be added: 60%+60%=120%?

1-1/2.2 = 6/11 = 55% scaled down

Or will it be like weakening as extra damage effect: only one is active? Watching the health bar dance around I think effects could be added.

Edited by chattius
Or will it be like weakening as extra damage effect: only one is active? Watching the health bar dance around I think effects could be added.

The dancing health bar always confuses me... But then I am usually using the Energy Core battery, which also adds chance for deadly wounds... even more confusion which effects are happening.

I never did find a LL% shuriken with my try at this challenge, so I am unsure how it will interact with Primal Mutation.

Now, this does look like it could be true. 2 x 60%debuffs = 55% end result. Seems Sacred-ish. :cry:

The dancing health bar always confuses me... But then I am usually using the Energy Core battery, which also adds chance for deadly wounds... even more confusion which effects are happening.

I never did find a LL% shuriken with my try at this challenge, so I am unsure how it will interact with Primal Mutation.

Now, this does look like it could be true. 2 x 60%debuffs = 55% end result. Seems Sacred-ish. :cry:

It could even be 37.5% reduction and then 35.7% reduction off the current value. Or 100% initially goes to 100*37.%5*37.5%=14%...Somehow I doubt that, it seems way to low.

I'd like to see a fire and ice elf with no delpic lore/focus and only unmodded GI (and skin and/or demon if wish). Take all four lore/focus as far as ice/fire...

Edited by claudius

If reduce stats is really scaling, I might try a necromancer inquisitor in single player while I am forced to stay away from home for meetings. I always liked the inquisitor main quest.

@claudius: Hurricane to slow the enemies and then having meteors rain down?

Here is my personal challenge for the time I live in hotels mid-weeks till x-mas:

You aren't allowed to take an aspect lore.

Beginning with platinum difficulty you are no longer allowed to socket x% damage or damage x-x stuff.

The character should not equip x% life leech to fight bosses starting with niobium.

My inquisitor reached level 65 now.

1. gruesome inquisition focus - to unlock the other foci, right now at 31 : buff and Mortifying Pillory
  2. armour lore - 5
  3. toughness -1
  4. concentration - at character level till mastery
  5. astute supremacy focus - right now just 9 for the buff
  6. combat discipline - at character level till mastery
  7. nefarious netherworld focus - third which would be at character level: Dislodged Spirit, Eruptive_Desecration and working on Soul Reaver
  8. constitution -1
  9. ancient magic - planed 4th to mastery
  10. dual-wield - one point wonder. Took this at level 65 because I thought that 3 extra sockets could be used to cover weaknesses and free points

The character was planed as a sort of necromancer, but it hasn#t Doubleganger or Inexorable Subjugation modified yet. I will try necromancer playstyle in niob. The first 25 levels I was fighting with every combat art I had, be it modified or not.

Then I used unmodified Clustering Maelstrom at malus and modified Dislodged Spirit to instantly recharge it.

I didn't much bosses, just boar and griffon several times.

Combination of Mortifying Pillory with a x% life leech polearm to reduce attack speed and Dislodged Spirit to instantly recharge it and weaken the target

Best combination for leveling at the moment: Clustering Maelstrom, Eruptive_Desecration, Dislodged Spirit for recharging

I now use 2 Nlovae's_Mystery for this combination: casting speed (not having a lore), ca-range (first 2 ca in the combination use it), less regeneration time and 2 gold sockets. I consider these as most useful right now.

The combination has a regeneration time of 14 seconds, both buffs are beyond malus, same for combat arts (mainly from read it runes). But it is instantly recharged if Dislodged Spirit can steal a soul, if not a Mortiying Pillory slot with 3 sockets to Reg per Hit and 3 for enemy can't evade is used.

I am working on soul reaver as a third buff because I didn't want to get used to it, I probably won't have it at bosses anyway.

Edited by chattius

Nice, Chattius! I have never tried RpH mods with Dislodged Spirit... gives me more ideas for Frosty's challenge...

I would like to see a hybrid character (minimum 2 aspects) for each class that does not use ranged nor melee attacks. At all. Ever. Even against bosses. Goodbye rph. Goodbye life leech. Hello challenge!

I think I got this one, Frosty! For consoles, anyway. Astute/Netherworld Inquisitor. The standard Astute Area of Effect build, with a side of Doppleganger self-copying trick. Using NN for whatever your fancy (ghost army; RpH from DS; Paralyzing Dread for Defense).

@ bosses, just equip LL% weapon and let your army of twins do the dirty work. Technically, I'm not using melee/ranged attacks :P

D'OH edit: Just remembered Pogie's Bearbarian build already solved this challenge!

Edited by essjayehm