Chance for Deadly Wounds

Hey guys.

Okay, so we know that;

Open wounds

...inflicts a DoT, and that its based off of the physical damage that 'procs' it.

- to best utilize this mod, do NOT socket in an elemental property. You want to lower the phys resistance, and deal as much physical damage as possible.

- it shows up in the 'weapon' tooltip.

- is affected by damage lore skill.

Serious Open wounds

...inflicts a DoT? I tried several levels with dual ork shocks for a 10% ish chance, don't recall a DoT. Anyway, probably just my foggy memory lol.

It also reduced max hp by around 10% for something like 10 seconds.

- to best utilize this mod, do NOT socket in an elemental property. You want to lower the phys resistance, and deal as much physical damage as possible.

- it shows up in the 'weapon' tooltip.

- is affected by damage lore skill. ? unsure here.

Deep wounds

...does not inflict a DoT. It just reduced a foes maximum health.

I think around 10% for 10 seconds.

NOW,

DEADLY WOUNDS.

Okay, no one knows what this does?

If you look on the wiki, this modifier is on a ton of legendaries. It's gotta be GOOD.

My guess, is it's just a more severe reduction to max hp, perhaps like a 20% loss or something.

Seriously though, I was looking over the uniques and legendaries, and this mod is on something like 10 of the 40 of the legendary weapons.

Another 5-10 have the deep wounds, which I only recall otherwise seeing on set bonuses.

So the main two questions;

Serious open wounds, is better than deep? Somehow I don't know. I know the wiki states things, but I am unsure. Why have open wounds, and deep wounds, if serious is jsut both combined?

Why do things like niokaste set, that gives open wounds, and deep wounds for completion, if it's just a poor mans 'serious' wounds?

Doesn't make sense to me... Why does deep wounds appear on legendaries, and full set bonuses, while serious is on something like orc shock? I dunno perhaps I'm looking to deep.

Second, we need to figure out what deadly wounds does.

It wouldn't be on so many legendaries if it wasn't good.

I'm going to see if I can dig up some cleavers and try to see what it does.

With dual wield and a decent chance if it does some massive % max hp reduction, it should be easy to see....

Anyone got any thoughts/ideas?

We could be tossing away (cleavers...) one of the best mods here...

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster

I just had another thought;

The Garganthropod.

His 'dig' attack I call it, where his claws fly fast, and dirt flies around, lowered one of my seraphims hp from approx. 6500 to roughly 4500.

IT does NOT deal damage, just lowers the max health.

This is an approx 30% max health reduction.

Could this be a 'deadly wound' ?

I'm going to load a test character up with -enemy chance to wound and see if he can still trigger this.

30% is certainly 'deadly' lol.

Just a hunch, but I really want to figger this mod out.

Cheers,

Ha, so it's exactly as I thought.

Thanks for that.

This makes those cleavers a whole lot better. I think I will stop vendoring them...

A poor mans legendary if you will lol.

Edited by r00ster
Slevin posted that he worked out what it some time earlier this year. Here's what he said:
I also found out how the modifier Chance to inflict Deadly Wounds +X% works. It reduces the enemies hitpoints down to 80% with a duration of 10 sec. So its just a stronger form of Chance to inflict Deep Wounds +X%.

Great link DB!, if you have a sec, can you please add that to Wiki? That's a sick amount of damage. One of the scythes has it wright? I had a SW that used to use it. Lovely thing.

:woot:

gogo

Serious open wounds, is better than deep? Somehow I don't know. I know the wiki states things, but I am unsure. Why have open wounds, and deep wounds, if serious is jsut both combined?

Why do things like niokaste set, that gives open wounds, and deep wounds for completion, if it's just a poor mans 'serious' wounds?

Serious is not "both combined", it has a higher chance to proc. And it's mostly unlocked by Sword Weapons Mastery, which benefits builds that don't snob that skill.

The DoTs from these are not affected by Damage Lore (at least before Ice and Blood).

Edited by Antitrust

Serious is not "both combined", it has a higher chance to proc. And it's mostly unlocked by Sword Weapons Mastery, which benefits builds that don't snob that skill.

The DoTs from these are not affected by Damage Lore (at least before Ice and Blood).

From some tests, it seems 'serious open wounds' does not do as large a reduction to max hp however. It has a dot, and max hp reduction, but 'deep wounds' appears to be a higher % reduction.

I will run tests to make certain they are affected by damage lore.

Deep wounds and deadly cannot be, as they aren't a DoT, only max hp reduction.

However the actual wounds dot of serious and open should be.

Cheers,