Plus to All Skills Not Working

I have two characters, one is a trader with Enhanced Perception 5 and Bargaining 5. The other character has neither of these skills but mostly the same other skills and is the same race/class. They are also both level 15. The trader can equip and benefit from items that have +x to All Skills, but the other character cannot.

Why is this?

Hello Offshore. Welcometo Darkmatters.

What level and type\class are you characters?

What level is your ring?

What is the name of your ring?

Edited by locolagarto

Most likely, you will need to look at the amulet/ring itself. Does the one you can't equip have any special restrictions on it - such as it's level is higher than your character can wear? (I.e. level 50 ammulets can't be worn by level 15 characters)

Or is the ammulet/ring limited to another character class? If you've got Seraphim and the ring is limited to Shadow Warriors, it won't fly either.

hehe.. I knew there was a simple explaination! Your trader dryad has taken the armour lore skill, but your non-trader has not. The clue is the red "Modifier: Armour Lore" underneath the item name. In this case, the "general skills" mod is only unlocked if you have taken AL... which begs the question from the "kiddie table" (aka console user): would that General skills modifier SCALE with the Armour Lore value? Seems like it should, no?

Screenshots are worth 1000 posts!

It has nothing to do with that armor lore modifier, neither of the chars has armor lore.

The bargainer has general skills (being bargaining and EP and other green skills),

the other has none, thus don't get a benefit from +general skills.

if it was + all skills, they both would get the benefit. now they both can equip the item, but only the bargainer would have an extra benefit from that specific line.

Arp.

It has nothing to do with that armor lore modifier, neither of the chars has armor lore.

The bargainer has general skills (being bargaining and EP and other green skills),

the other has none, thus don't get a benefit from +general skills.

if it was + all skills, they both would get the benefit. now they both can equip the item, but only the bargainer would have an extra benefit from that specific line.

Arp.

OOPS. I'll just go back to sleep now :) I missed the shopper's "Modifier: Armour lore" was red as well. Good catch, Arp!

hehe.. I knew there was a simple explaination! Your trader dryad has taken the armour lore skill, but your non-trader has not. The clue is the red "Modifier: Armour Lore" underneath the item name. In this case, the "general skills" mod is only unlocked if you have taken AL... which begs the question from the "kiddie table" (aka console user): would that General skills modifier SCALE with the Armour Lore value? Seems like it should, no?

Screenshots are worth 1000 posts!

Actually, it's even simpler than that. When you look at the New Skill list for your character, they are broken down into 4 catagories.

The first has your character specific lore and focus skills as well as possibly ancient magic, concentration, etc... Let's call this the Magical skills section.

The 2nd one down has stuff like Sword Lore, Tactics Lore, Hafted Weapons - your Offensive skills set...

The 3rd one down has stuff like Shield Lore, Constitution, Toughness, and so forth - your Defensive Skills set...

The bottom section has stuff like Blacksmithing, Enhanced Perception, Bargaining, Riding, etc... These are your GENERAL Skills.

The item in the picture has a +1 to GENERAL Skills. In order to take advantage of that +1 General Skills, you MUST have something invested in at least ONE General Skill. It doesn't matter which one. If you don't have any of the Green skills, it will be useless to that character. The same would go for items with a +x to Offensive Skills or a +x to Defensive Skills if you didn't have anything in the realm of Offensive or Defensive skills.

Make sense?

Edit: Geeze..I did all that typing and come to find others have already answered. That's what you get for NOT reading the bleeping entire thread before hitting the reply button.. GAAAH!

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

The first has your character specific lore and focus skills as well as possibly ancient magic, concentration, etc... Let's call this the Magical skills section.

They're called Combat Art Skills.

:)