Is Chance To Halve Regeneration Time Broken In Ice And Blood Pc?

I've never seen the chance to halve regeneration time work for my character. I have about +14% on a staff dryad and did a quickie test. I used Acute Mind and then just did normal attacks with AM on cooldown. The regen time never changed. I then equipped a couple rings with .3 regen per hit and I could actually see changes in the cooldown (although they were small and only occurred when I was using basic attacks.) Also, I greatly increased the time on Darting Assault and used the Staff trick so it hits everything on the screen. With that same +14% to halve regen as well as the .6 regen per hit, it NEVER affected the cooldown of DA. In my limited (AKA 2 minutes) of testing, on hit regen works only on normal weapon attacks, and chance to halve regen does nothing at all.

I'm wondering if these are things everyone already knows who's been playing Sacred 2 for awhile, and I'm just being a noob.

Neither halve regeneration time nor reg per hit does anything to cooldown. If you have an Acute mind with 20s cooldown and 4 seconds regeneration time and a 100% halve regeneration and 4 seconds reg per hit:

The 4 seconds are halved and then a weapon totally removes the regeneration time. But the 2 seconds reg per hit which would remain are not affecting the cooldown.

I second what chattius is saying. cooldown and regen time are 2 separate counters. And there is absolutely nothing in game that can effect cooldown accept a few bonus mods that have to be chosen to permanently effect the cooldown. Regeneration time, however can be affected by both chance to halve and RpH(From weapon Based attacks including DA)

It still seems like I'd see something in the halve regen time. With Acute Mind I have Cooldown 34.8 and Regen 6.8. You'd think that halving 6.8 would show SOMETHING. I guess there's a chance that in EVERY attack during that 6.8 second window the 14% chance NEVER came up. But it still seems odd.

Also, with a Darting Assault with a specific Regen Time of 5ish seconds. And an ability that hits EVERYTHING on the screen. You'd think that if a CA could trigger the halve regen time or reduce regen time on hit, it would happen. But it definitely hasn't for me.

So the regen on hit might be a decent choice against a boss where I'll be hitting Acute Mind and then spamming auto-attacks. But, for this build, it would seem that it's worthless elsewhere. And, for the most part, any halve to regen time is garbage for me in general.

Edit: Halve definitely doesn't work on Combat Arts. But it looks like Regen on Hit DOES work. It only works for the currently selected CA. So I can regen DA with this if I have enough monsters on screen and some Regen on Hit Sockets/Rings.

Edited by offshore33

Chance to halve is after all only a chance. RpH is also a chance, but the chance it dependant on a weapon based hit, which is far easier to control. RPH will regen all your CA that do not have a cooldown. for example Casting tangled vine at a high CA level on a boss. then DA w/RpH to regen it.

We use this technique a lot for Caster builds.

I've never seen the chance to halve regeneration time work for my character. I have about +14% on a staff dryad and did a quickie test. I used Acute Mind and then just did normal attacks with AM on cooldown. The regen time never changed. I then equipped a couple rings with .3 regen per hit and I could actually see changes in the cooldown (although they were small and only occurred when I was using basic attacks.) Also, I greatly increased the time on Darting Assault and used the Staff trick so it hits everything on the screen. With that same +14% to halve regen as well as the .6 regen per hit, it NEVER affected the cooldown of DA. In my limited (AKA 2 minutes) of testing, on hit regen works only on normal weapon attacks, and chance to halve regen does nothing at all.

I'm wondering if these are things everyone already knows who's been playing Sacred 2 for awhile, and I'm just being a noob.

I've definitely seen it working on my Darting Assault, and a friend of ours here on the boards, Dobster, has made an entire build devoted to (I think ! :D) Chance to halve regen for his ping pong build for Temple Guardian. Try to do a direct test on a Ca that has no cool down. With Acute mind, you are trying to see perceived delta in a Combat Art that is comprised of both at cool down AND a regen time. Chance to halve regen will have no effect on any cooldown on any combat art in this game ( I'm pretty sure^^ ) Maybe see if you get results by socketing ginormous amounts of this item modifier on something like Darting Assault or another Combat Art at lower levels on it's own? I actually love that Item Mod on lower levels of my Dryad builds at lower levels becuase it makes a significant improvement in killing speed...makes the Ca sound like a Machine gun

:mafia:

gogo

Chance for halve regeneration time is not shown in the tooltipp. It is allways full regeneration time which is show. Would be a bit confusing if it would read: 8s with 30% chance, 4s with 70% chance. If you look at the timer clock, it will jump to 6 o'clock if halve reg time kicked in and regeneration starts from there.

Then there are two regeneration systems now which complicqate all a bit.

I love this mod for casters(apart from the HE), it can make you much more powerful.

If there is a spell/CA you like to use but it just doesn't do enough damage even with loads of niob WHET, then try adding lots of chance to half regen and increasing CA level as high as you can. With a few sockets you can easily get 80%+. Lots of rare/set armour also has it built in so it's easy to get high ammounts. HRT(half regen time) doesn't get diminishing returns like deathblow so 100% is very easy to get with a niob shopper buying your jewellery.

My ping pong TG has about 80% HRT which allows him to spam a high level Amplified Discharge every 0.7 seconds(instead of 1.4). That makes a huge differnce in his DPS. In the swamp he is awesome :gun2:

I'm not sure how much use it would be at higher levels though, I chatted to Gogo about this and I think he may be right :)

I'm currently running a TG and have a weapon with a 9% Chance to Halve Regen Time mod on it. I used Icy Evanecsence against a mob and I watched the regen clock do it's usual slow plod around the face of the CA. It got to about the 9:00 position and suddenly got faster - it covered the last quarter of the regen at about 2x the speed it took for it to cover the first 3/4s of the regen cycle.

Keep in mind that if that's the only CtHRT mod you've got in place, and you've got only a 9% chance, that will mean that roughly 91% of the time - it won't be cut in half. I say roughly because each time you use the CA, the virtual dice roll has nothing to do with the previous rolls for that particular item.

Chance to halve regen time only procs on CA cast I thought...it has a chance when you cast to start off with the CA half regened from my experience...

Yeah.. But IE has a cooldown nerf in additon to a regen time. I would expect the cooldown timer would still need to tick down to 0 before the regen timer has a chance to do it's thing. No?

I think combats regen in order of regen time then cooldown. So you seeing the cooldown magically speed up is odd unless you used another ca and reset the regen timer, but not the cooldown timer.

Hmm. No.. I did use another CA - but it was in a different aspect all together - I used IE and then switched to Archimedes Beam to blast one of the enemies followed by a few judicious whacks of my life leeching lightsaber. That shouldn't have had any effect on the cooldown nor regen timers for IE.

You're still on vanilla sacred 2 yes? No expansion?

Lol...I dont know, might have to go look at when this procs...

Nope.. Sidegraded to the UK version and then upgraded to Ice and Blood 2.65.2 and the CM Patch.