Pirates Of The Burning Sea

I'm becoming addicted to this game :pirate:

It's a MMORPG set in the 1600-1700s. You can be a pirate, or join one of the three nations (Britain, France and Spain).

Combat is divided into realistic tactical ship battles (kinda like Tortuga/Patrician games), and boarding/avatar combat. You can also manufacture and sell items and ships, in a very complicated economy system. End-game options are major pvp fleet battles for various ports :pirate:

It has become f2p. Unlike other f2p games I've played, this one seems to avoid shoving your face into its cash shop, and it doesn't make paying members overpowered. F2P players are limited to two ships per character, and have to sink one of them when they want to upgrade. Ships are rather affordable, so it's not a bad restriction. Another noticeable limit is only two production facilities per account, which means that you won't be able to manufacture and sell as many goods (premium players get 10), but you can make additional accounts for that if you are willing to do some work.

Download is 7GB. Graphics are very beautiful, but kinda heavy (kinda like Sacred pc requirements).

Definitely recommend at least trying it out :)

Ok I see how everybody cares :4rofl:

Anyway, here's a screenshot of a big battle naval officers do at level 20 as part of their career :)

potbsnocareermission20.th.jpg

My ship is the red one in the middle, everything else is controlled by the AI (which is rather intelligent in this game). Some of them are allies, some french. There's another group of similar size on my rear, figthing off french reinforcements.

I'm glad that you enjoy playing it and it does look interesting, but sorry mate, pirates and sailing ships are just not my thing. I tried a couple and all though I really got into the trading, the ship building/increase your forces and the piracy/ battles were an annoying distraction. Which sort of defeated the object of the game.

Tactics, strategies, huge battles... did you ever give Ogame a try? Horribly addictive. It's what built DarkMatters though...but I had to wean myself off of the game after a year and a half as it was a time sucker.

Wonderfully fun, and free. I "see" where you are, and it's grrrrrrrrrreat!

:)

gogo

p.s. sorry, but I'm not a high seas pirate myself yet. Yet :P

p.s.s. F2P ...does that mean Free to play?

I know, I know... You all prefer :viking: and :mafia: Which is just as cool :)

Yes gogo, that's the Free to Play model, cash shop with an option of subscription and all that jazz.

Here are a couple of screeneies from hand-to-hand combat, from a pirate ship I boarded:

potbsboarding1.th.jpg potbsboarding2.th.jpg

Ugly, ain't they? :mamba: