Hi gang. I just changed the View New Posts to "New Posts" and also increased the number of results it gives to show the past weeks posts. I think... /unsure If anything blows up or what have you, please feel free to tell...

gogo :)

Before the change it was working in a way that would show new posts since your last visit and so if you visited a lot, I come once in a while /wink, then you often end up getting an error page saying theres nothin new.

So hopefully this will resolve the problem for us frequent flyers. :)

Brad

Ahhh, hmmmm... Llamas goals seems to be working fine for me Scleameth. What browser are you using? Chou better not be using that nasty nasty IE browser. :P

Oh, and looks like the recent upgrade made the ogametests skin invisible. I'll make it visible again tho I warn yah. It's getting beatin up pretty bad with all my experirmenting. /lol

Currently I'm getting an error on the new post search, though there were posts made since I was in last night.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

Awh crap. Well guess my wishful thinking wasn't strong enough. /sad

Ok, I'm putting the old function back. I had replaced the function with a link to a page of results for posts made in the past week but looks like any kind of link I might use like that only has a life span of 24hours and then goes caput.

Back to the drawing board...

Here we go again folks. /lol

I'm back from the chalk board and have implemented a new approach to getting new posts. Lemme know if you guys have any trouble.

And I have yet another trick just incase this one doesn't work! /crazy

Guest gogoblender

a quick note here....

Everyone who is new here on teh forum.

If yo'ure having a problem finding your way around here, please use New POsts at the top right of the screen.

There are too many posts here in this forum on a daily basis...more than one hundred per day and trying to hunt and peck your way through the first screen will only frustrate you , heh

This is a oretty active forum...

lol, and it seems we like to communicate.

So, using that New Posts button at the top right of the screen organizes all the newest stuff nice and easy.

This info is here for some of our newer members whom perhaps as not as conversant with forum software and functionatlities.

If any of you guys have any questions please post or pm an admin.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

Ahhh, hmmmm... Llamas goals seems to be working fine for me Scleameth. What browser are you using? Chou better not be using that nasty nasty IE browser. :D

Using Netscape 8.1 - well, I guess some Firefox users will insist that it actually is Firefox... ?

eeerm... Where's that 'new posts' button again ? /oooo

Using 'My Assistant' for new posts, but picked up that 'next page' and 'previous page' are labled in reverse.. /wacko

hehe Scleameth.

Lost your button did you? :D It's at the very top of the page, under the logo and to the right. You should see the links:

My Controls · New Posts · My Assistant · 0 New Messages

"Should" be there. /unsure

They're a bit difficult to see. Eventually I'll make buttons for them but for now they're just text.

Yeah, that's the buttons I always use - but it seems to be there again when I switch off from ogametests skin... not giving you any carrots about this, since the key to the testing skin lies in the name : ogametests :D Still a great skin and I still wish we could have stats on the avy part like pokemon\yugi oh cards

/viking

Ooooooh yah! lol. I forgot I kind of botched the new posts function on the test skin, hehehe. /blush

I'll stick it back in there. As for the the cool card look of personal info when reading topics. It's got a few holes in its functionality that I need to correct. Someone on the forum once said that it is the most interesting change I've made to the skin. I think they are right so I'll make more of an effort to get that to you guys. :)

Guest gogoblender
Someone on the forum once said that it is the most interesting change I've made to the skin. I think they are right so I'll make more of an effort to get that to you guys. :)

/whistle

gogo