Happy Christmas, Merry Holidays And All That Jazz...

I wasn't expecting presents beyond the old shirts and pants and stuff. Then a friend I was working with popped me a nice, useful gift. A 19 LED work light. ^^ Three LEDs for the spot light, 16 LEDs for burning a hole through your soulllllllllllllll.... Rechargeable, shaped like a light saber, comes with car recharger and adapter and magnet. ^^ Given that you never know what may happen to my car, that thing will be handy. :)

I'm online for those who want to find me. I am in kamadan - international district 1. unless my mom and dad suddenly can play at work(or someone else in the clan is on), I should be the only one with the guild wars D.a.r.k clan tag. please join me! Oh..... and uh MERRY CHRISTMAS! I am by the Carollers of Dwyana

Edited by daemonrocks23

24.12. Morning: walking 5 minutes to forest and chopped a tree. Half family made it pretty, the other half was preparing lunch. I did lunch.

Lunch: traditional Weihnachtskarpfen- x-mas carp (?). Carefully prepared so it got a nice blue skin at preparing. You have to keep the slime covering the scales intact at preparing. In germanic countries x-mas used to be a feasting day, so only fish (and goose). Centuries back a king didn't like fish and he said that goose and duck would be like fish, both swimmimg and diving in the water too. Karpfen Blau (carp blue) looks like:

karpfen-blau.jpg

14:00-20:00 Volunteer firefighters readiness dispatcher, drying water hoses, preparing chainsaws , hydraulic presses, .... Had lot of snow and icy rain was predicted for night. Good thing was that the rain was not there when the church chorus did their singing on central place of village. Our church is an old fortified one from centuries back and a bit to small nowadays to hold all the people. So I opened a window at firefighting tower (which is located at central place) and listened to the chorus where 3 of my daughters were singing.

Then it was planed that everyone would open one gift box before night and the rest at morning. When and how many boxes we open at 24. or 25. decembre depends a bit if we celebrate with parents, brother, sisters, ... But we had bad weather for days so we decided to do it wit hjust us: my wife, 5 kids, au pair girl and myself.

But all changed changed:

At 8.30pm our third daughter asked if a friend could celebrate with us. His family planed to fly to grandparents in Berlin for x-mas. But all train and planes were cancelled. So they had no x-mas tree, gifts, ... So my wife invited whole family to do some singing at x-mas tree. They had kids aged 8, 6 and 4.

At 10:15pm I was called to clean a street with fallen trees.

At 10.45pm my wife was called to hospital since she was in readiness. Doctors from other part of district culdn't arrive because of fallen trees.

25.12 3am: When returning 7 kids were sleeping in sleeping bags before x-mas tree.

What I got for x-mas:

A paper signed by our oldest for 3 days of babysitting

A paper signed by our second for 3 days cleaning the house

A paper signed by our third for 3 days to listen to older sisters (small written, only if their orders apply to laws of united nations)

A paper signed by my wife: for a weekend without kids in germanies black forest with a cooking training in a 2 star restaurant

And my comment to our oldest was: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

She wasn't blushing, so I think it is okay to do this weekend trip in february.

Edited by chattius