Missing Npc Pages

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That what I thought too. First I typed just [[sacred 2:Kuan|Kuan]] and that gave me a red link. Then I searched the wiki for Kuan and it gave me only a book and various items named after this God. He has no personal page. So I considered the book the most informative source about him and linked it there. Maybe that was the reason the Gods don't have personal pages. Those books tell a big and completely canonic stories about them. Since all I know about Kuan was from a book about him, I considered it a reasonable replacement for his page. When people click the wiki links they want to know more about the subject, right? So I linked them to that information.

And be careful with <br>. I've already nothiced they are necessary sometimes, when they are replaced with more usual line spaces the template goes bad. It is more noticeable between the pictures and while inserting pictures inside the text. There is nothing wrong with using html tags while writing Internet pages. After all that is exactly what html was created for. First of all the pages should look nice for readers, not for developers (that is nice too, yet not necessary).

Edited by Silver_fox

And be careful with <br>. I've already nothiced they are necessary sometimes, when they are replaced with more usual line spaces the template goes bad. It is more noticeable between the pictures and while inserting pictures inside the text. There is nothing wrong with using html tags while writing Internet pages. After all that is exactly what html was created for. First of all the pages should look nice for readers, not for developers (that is nice too, yet not necessary).

Thanks for that info. I'll be careful to only do it with the text parts from now on, where that will not make a difference.

Kobold Camp has two red links that appear to be from the Dryad chain quest. http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Kobold_Camp

The quests appear to be different between light and shadow path dryads. My level 15 dryad is on the light path. I could develop one on the shadow path and email her to you if that would help. Just let me know.

Edited by Ysne58

I'm finally done with her: Officer of the Inquisition Guard and the bear:The Mutated Black Bear. I corrected the bear's links in its quest to make them point to the right bear. Hope, they are all correct now.

Just noticed I didn't specify the category for the bear. Which one would be correct in your opinion?

Looks like the spy would take more time. I never thought that enemy template REQUIRES a pic of an enemy fighting and won't work without it. I have no intention of creating another layout that would look alike, yet won't demand the pic. So I'd have to spent some time actually getting that pic.

Edited by Silver_fox

I think it should go under quest enemies in the beastiary. That section is a tad bit confusing to me though, because quest enemies has a similar set of categories under it as the regular bestiary.

I think it should go under quest enemies in the beastiary. That section is a tad bit confusing to me though, because quest enemies has a similar set of categories under it as the regular bestiary.

Right

This was the only way we could think of setting up specific unique enemies that are quest enemies.You're correct, the Black bear should go into the quest enemies page listing if it's actually a specific quest enemy per se into the section that Knuckles built. There can be duplicates of different types of animals...but if something is in quest bestiary, it just means that it plays a part in a quest, and so becomes unique. Perhaps take a look at the naming scheme to see how knuckles discerned tween enemies that are very much alike, but who's only discernation is that they play a part in a quest.

:)

gogo

I'm back in Sloeford now. I have a Seraphim to check light path quests and a High Elf to check shadow path quests.

Should I go ahead and check their chain quests as I go along, or do we want to wait and check chain quests until later?

I'm gonna be leaving in about an hour for a knitting class so I do not expect to get much more done today.

|I just checked the quest bestiary with schot, this page here in the quest bestiary is where the new page created for Mutated Black Bear should go:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:T-Mutant_Quest_Enemies

:)

gogo

Thanks Gogo.

I think I am going to get the Sacred Gold version and apply the CM patch to that after I make sure I am up to version 2.65.2. I am at 2.65.1. I will probably do that tomorrow as I am going to need to uninstall and clean install the gold version.

The Brigand Camp has one red linked NPC.

Commander Erestor.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:The_Brigand_Camp

I left as much of the text that was already there as I could alone. The wiki appears to have changed a lot since this quest was originally added and there have been some in game changes as well. The person who did the original work put a lot of effort into it.

The Advisor's Career Plans

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:The_Advisor's_Career_Plans

Advisor Voralion

note, the second quest in the chain makes reference to an Advisor Lavella. Since she doesn't actually make an appearance in the quest, I did not create a link for her. I am making a note in case she appears in another quest down the road.

More on "Playing with Bears" http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Playing_with_Bears

I played through the quest again and the baby bear does have a name. "Mother Bear's favorite."

There is now a red link on that quest page. Since I have never actually tried keeping the bear, I'm going to experiment with that on another play through.

I input the text for Inquisitor Tahlreth. There are no red links on the Sloeford page now. It still needs all the images, but at info is there.

My next question is, is it a good idea to be adding text to these red linked pages before there are images available for them?

Would people rather see red links on pages? Or would they prefer links to partially done pages?

This is what the page looks like right now:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Inquisitor_Tahlreth

Edited by Ysne58