Sacred 2 Won't Load

Hoping someone can help. I tried to use the Bolting terror saved file posted by Schot? IIRC.

After fiddling (putting it in the saved games directory, changing the save number, etc)around I now can't load Sacred 2 - I'm getting the following error message.

Error#3

Function : Plugin::load

Description : Error : LoadingLibrary failed: ./Plugin_theora.dll

File: D:/projects/sacred2.master-patch2/Orc/System/System/pluginMgr.cpp

Line :72

Playing 2.43

Hoping someone has had something similar and can help.

If I need to re install sacred 2 that's OK I geuss - just hoping I can still use my saved char' as I just got my first NIOB SW and have 3 other Platinum char'

Was it only the save games you fiddled with Augmint? If so I would suggest moving out all of your save games from the Save game folder and try starting with an empty save game folder. Just be sure to save your characters in some other folder while you test. :)

Was it only the save games you fiddled with Augmint? If so I would suggest moving out all of your save games from the Save game folder and try starting with an empty save game folder. Just be sure to save your characters in some other folder while you test. :)

I'll give that a try.

I don't think I changed any files - just renamed the save89 to save31 - I had 30 characters previously saved. IIRC I tried to open the saved file - it then tried to load a.msi file? which meant I had to use my Sacred 2 disc.

Have you tried to start the game by double-clicking the savegame?

In that case sacred2 changed it's registry keys to trash and the game won't load anymore. All you can do is uninstalling the game, deleting the registry keys manually so that nothing from sacred2 is left behind, and then reinstalling the game.

CU Marcus

Have you tried to start the game by double-clicking the savegame?

In that case sacred2 changed it's registry keys to trash and the game won't load anymore. All you can do is uninstalling the game, deleting the registry keys manually so that nothing from sacred2 is left behind, and then reinstalling the game.

CU Marcus

I think I did double click on it after I tried to put the file in the Ascaron saved files section.

Ended up just re - installing the game. Made sure to copy all my saved files elsewhere. Thank god I didn't lose my NIOB Shadow warrior.