High Elf Shadow chain

There is nothing done on the shadow side for the High Elf quests.

I started working on the first one. The very first part is exactly the same for both light and shadow so I copied that part over to the Shadow page.

I am still going through that first quest in the HE shadow chain. I will do my best to get the steps in it complete and get the descriptions finished today, cause I really do not like a have finished quest on the wiki.

In the future I'm going to try to do a draft with everything in it and then edit the page when I have all the information together.

Doing it piece by piece doesn't seem to work very well.

Nice work on this! Except ... lol, the naming scheme for this page is wrong ^^ We're actually not using any brackets. Just a hyphen for the title page. I'll move your content into a new page as renamed if you want. Or you can can make a new page, and copy past your content into it, and I'll delete this old one.

:)

gogo

p.s; regarding this naming scheme there's an explanation in a post somewhere to Silver Fox I think...she used brackets but we're using hyphens so that search finds the pages better. And the modifier would be

- Shadow Campaign

not

(Shadow)

The page was named like that when I started editing it. I just edited the character quest page so the correctly named quest is there. Lets wait to delete the old page until I finish the edit. I'm glad we are reaching a consensus on this.

HI ysne, I just checked...you're the only contributor to this page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:DeElfici_I-The_Promissory_Note_(Shadow)

If you copy paste that page into a new page correctly titled, I can then delete the old incorrectly named page.<div><br></div><div>I'm awaiting for you to tell me to press the big D button</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div> :) </div><div><br></div><div> gogo

</div>

I know -- Are you sure you want a partial page like that as is on the new page? I will go ahead and move it if you want me to. It might be better if I finish the quest info before moving it.

It actually won't make that much of a difference when ti's moved...as the info will be on the new page and then be able to be edited. You can decide when to do this ysne, just post to me when it's okay for me to delete the old page.

gogo

It is ok to delete the old page, I did move it. Some info is better than none -- I think I'm almost done with the quest and can at least get the entire quick walk through in shortly and the more detailed one later.

heya!

I looked at your title.. it's just missing the spaces in front of and after the hypen

The Promissory Note-Shadow

I can delete this page as well, if you make another page with the good title.

Cheers!

gogo

In the logbook, look in the upper right corner on the right page. You should see 1 to 5 stars there. The number of stars represents the level of difficulty

Here's the logbook from 'A Worthwhile Journey' quest. Look at the right page just below the question mark on top. You'll see 4 stars. So this quest difficulty would be rated the same

logbook.jpg

In the logbook, look in the upper right corner on the right page. You should see 1 to 5 stars there. The number of stars represents the level of difficulty

Here's the logbook from 'A Worthwhile Journey' quest. Look at the right page just below the question mark on top. You'll see 4 stars. So this quest difficulty would be rated the same

logbook.jpg

Great pic/explanation Knuckles, double double!

And Ysne, perfect new page, I deleted the previous two.

Like you mentioned, awesome that we're all getting into sync with same standards on this.

yay!

:bounce:

gogo

That's the problem then, the stars don't show up in her log for the character specific chain quest -- I looked at the entries on the light side page (which is complete) and didn't see any stars there either --

The log book does have a space between the hyphen for that quest so I think I should a new page with spaced between that hyphen too. At some point the light side will also have to be fixed, no spaces there either.

I will wait for a go ahead before making any more changes though -- this is pretty complicated stuff.

Edited by Ysne58

I see what you mean Ysne. There is no rating for the quest. I'm going to double check real quick that it shows the same on my game. Maybe we just need to say 'Not rated' there or something

I think I have the right page title now -- or does the hyphen between DelFici I and The also need spaces?

Just a quick spell check - it's DeElfici... It gave me a bit of grief on the back half of the light quest chain until I learnt the correct spelling...

It's the same here....guess we need to go with 'Not rated' on quests like these.

Np Ysne, I never even noticed some quests have no ratings

I still need to do major work on the detailed quest for this one-- which is going to take awhile -- I will add that it's not rated the next time I edit (unless someone else gets there first lol).

I hadn't noticed that some didn't have that either till I was looking for the info for this quest.

I have more detail added to the detailed walkthrough. I still need to link everything up and figure out which npcs turn out red linked. There are two that turn into quest enemies as part of this quest. I will edit this post when I have that finished up, which will probably be sometime tomorrow.

I just went through the quick walkthrough part of this page. I changed all the names to links. They are all red.

The one's that turn into enemies after talking to them:

DeElfici Merchant

Merchant's Son

Hyderia

Varnar

The others that need their own pages

Messenger

Commander Shauir

General Whimsical

Tybasso

Dylaith -- I am unclear as to whether this is another name for Varnar or the name of his gang

Glydial

I did try searches for some of these, it is possible that some are already on the wiki and I just couldn't find them.

I can't seem to find a link on the wiki that will take me to the NPC section.

I can't seem to find a link on the wiki that will take me to the NPC section.

I don't think there is one. Me and Brad discussed this back about last year I think.. for now, there is the Category listing...but for a single page with all teh NPC's listed on it, there would be close...maybe even way more, than a thousand links... huge, laggy page... unless someone has an idea?

gogo