Tron was awesome

I was scared about this movie. I've been so disspointed by so much in the past with Avatar paving my road of expecations with sullen misery. We went to see the movie on a Tuesday night, cheapie night. The place was packed, a crowd, and it's been a long time since I've offered myself to this kind of weekday madding. The line went very smoothly through, and we sat down for a 3 D film with Super AVX.

Amazing.

The sound quality was nothing short of breathtaking, I felt like I was sitting in the middle of a rave. I remember telling Schot, in mid movie, how this score was unlike anything I had heard in ages. I felt like I was experiencing something new. Not a movie, but maybe more, different, with visuals that kept pulling me in with CGI that just plastered a smile on my face. The storyline, well it was pretty awful. And the weakest element in the whole movie was the humans, lol. But if you're the kind of person who's spirit can be lifted by a tale told differently with brilliant sonics and digital imagery that is nothing short of exquisite, this movie could be it.

I'm a huge sci-fi fan, and so there's a place in my heart that's a bit softer for these kinds of films when I'm reviewing them, but this was the first movie in a long time that I felt I just wanted to watch all over again.

Daft Punk scored this film, in I think, almost it's entirety. And if you're as much a fan of film scores as I am, you've probably got Tron's music going full blast on your speakers for as loud and as long as you can afford it.

This will be probably be the first ever movie that I'm just too anxious for it to come out on Blue Ray for, and that I will pay dearly for any kind of director's or janitor's cut that they choose to release.

Go Tron

:)

gogo

Hi there Gogo.

Thankyou for letting us know your views on this movie.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

My two brothers and I are hoping to meet up at some point and watch this some time soon. We all went together and watched the first one, about a thousand years ago, lol !

It is tough to get us all together. Real life doesn't always work out like that !

I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get to see this, especially at the movies. It will be way better on the big screen, rather than on tv, I believe.

Cheers,

Steve. :)

Thanks for the info.

I also get scared when I see movies from my past come out. I get so excited and then the movies are lame. I may have to try to catch tron at them movies.