More Star Wars Easter Eggs with CM

I was looking at Star Wars Easter Eggs today, and remembered that with CM patch there are even more of them.

CM-developers made lightsabers drop frequently, made yellow (and even unique) lightsabers a reward for some quests, and even made a real Vader's helmet (a unique named 'Helmet of unspeakable evil') for the Inquisitor. How about adding these things to the Easter Egg page?

As for the quests that are rewarded with lightsabers, I can name:

1. Epic Office Quest is now rewarded with unique lightsaber named 'Power of NIF'.

2. Corn Circles is rewarded with a random yellow lightsaber.

3. Whoops helps you get a yellow one too.

4. Dream Vampire gives you a lightsaber too.

I'm pretty sure that Wolfie can name more quests here. So how about listing them on the Star Wars Easter Eggs page?

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at Star Wars Easter Eggs today, and remembered that with CM patch there are even more of them.

CM-developers made lightsabers drop frequently, made yellow (and even unique) lightsabers a reward for some quests, and even made a real Vader's helmet (a unique named 'Helmet of unspeakable evil') for the Inquisitor. How about adding these things to the Easter Egg page?

As for the quests that are rewarded with lightsabers, I can name:

1. Epic Office Quest is now rewarded with unique lightsaber named 'Power of NIF'.

2. Corn Circles is rewarded with a random yellow lightsaber.

3. Whoops helps you get a yellow one too.

4. Dream Vampire gives you a lightsaber too.

I'm pretty sure that Wolfie can name more quests here. So how about listing them on the Star Wars Easter Eggs page?

Hmm.. Actually, yah.. There are a few.. The Dream Vampire, btw, doesn't drop one personally. It drops as you leave the Dream Vampire's lair at the top of the steps - and as you teleport away... The odds of actually getting it are somewhere between "Slim and None" and Slim left town. There is an issue on MantisBT (I reported it) and should be fixed next release.

Let's see.. Looking thru my log book... Frank Rentemeister drops the one in the Epic Office Quest - that's the Legendary (not Unique) Power of NIF... There's also another random yellow that drops in the Desert region - at the Twitty Tister bar. Don't recall exactly where in that quest it dropped.

It would appear that there's one lightsaber to be had in each of the primary regions except for Seraphim Island and the Dragonsea Islands, the Jungle region. Not quite done with the Dryad Island yet, so I can't say if there's one there or not yet. Haven't gotten to the Wastelands either. Given there aren't any side quests there, I'm guessing not. That's not to say something might not drop one though.

As far as adding them goes... Eh.. It can be done. If you've got the info - go for it. As it is, I'm playing a Temple Guardian and hope to finally finish a game in Silver. Gold is calling me. If I get a chance when I'm done, I'll add it in, but there's no reason not to post it now if you want.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I think I've made a mistake with 'Power of NIF' because I only saw it in a logbook and it seemed golden, not orange.

As I understand, you are playing TG now, aren't you, Wolfie? Does TG get a lightsaber for a character-specific quest, like Seraphim does for Whoops?

And I wonder if you could add these facts to the page, since you seem to know a lot about them.

By the way, what colour 'Power of NIF' is in your case? czevak told me that this lightsaber may drop in all the possible colours, and I thought it'd be nice to picture them all on its item page.

Edited by Silver_fox

I think I've made a mistake with 'Power of NIF' because I only saw it in a logbook and it seemed golden, not orange.

As I understand, you are playing TG now, aren't you, Wolfie? Does TG get a lightsaber for a character-specific quest, like Seraphim does for Whoops?

And I wonder if you could add these facts to the page, since you seem to know a lot about them.

By the way, what colour 'Power of NIF' is in your case? czevak told me that this lightsaber may drop in all the possible colours, and I thought it'd be nice to picture them all on its item page.

Nope... Power of NIF is orangy orange - Legendary. Note the coloring of the letters at the top...

post-14586-0-81627900-1295272974_thumb.jpg

This particular one is red. It would probably be a good thing to have at least a sample of one of each color.

As for the TG - nope. His first class quest involves retrieving some of your toys from where you "woke up" that are clues to your past existance. Your 2nd one is to track down some bandits who robbed a merchant at the Happy Cow Farm. You track them down and eliminate them, and you get the 5 parts back to the merchant - who makes a pair of pants from those parts for your TG... The first one you would be getting is the one you get at the Alien's hideout in the Benny's Corn Circles quest.

It would appear that there's one lightsaber to be had in each of the primary regions except for Seraphim Island and the Dragonsea Islands, the Jungle region. Not quite done with the Dryad Island yet, so I can't say if there's one there or not yet. Haven't gotten to the Wastelands either. Given there aren't any side quests there, I'm guessing not. That's not to say something might not drop one though.

As far as adding them goes... Eh.. It can be done. If you've got the info - go for it. As it is, I'm playing a Temple Guardian and hope to finally finish a game in Silver. Gold is calling me. If I get a chance when I'm done, I'll add it in, but there's no reason not to post it now if you want.

I will keep a watch out. BTW Wolfie, I have only made it to Gold once so far. I'm working on developing a bargaining network to make it easier for future chars.

I didn't manage to get the latest CM patch until after I went through the Corn Circles area, but I will take another look at that one.

Yup, I've checked this too already. It totally is a legendary item. I must have played in a poorly lit room before...

I've already completed the Epic Office quest before for all of my charas... So I can see the lightsaber in the log, but can't actually get it. I'd look for my old savegames though. Maybe I'd manage to get one for myself too.

I will keep a watch out. BTW Wolfie, I have only made it to Gold once so far. I'm working on developing a bargaining network to make it easier for future chars.

I didn't manage to get the latest CM patch until after I went through the Corn Circles area, but I will take another look at that one.

Bummer - tho if you had 0094 installed, it should have also dropped a lightsaber at the Alien's cave. I got most of my lightsaber collection from 0094...

Very cool on making it to Gold at least once. That's one more time than I have. I've started over a dozen characters - and have completed exactly two games - both in Bronze. Part of my problems stemmed from a fubar installation of the US version (not entirely sure if it was the installation, or a patch or what) but most of those characters became mostly unplayable long before I got out of the human area. I can load most of them in multiplayer - and retrieve stuff in the storage bins, and maybe even do a bit of higher level shopping. (I have a TG that got to level 64 before it bombed out - so I can open him up in multiplayer Gold). Fat lot of good that does though - since he's single player mode, his progress is not saved - just his experience points and goodies. He can do some shopping for me in Sloeford and on Start Island - and that's pretty much it.

Now that I've got the UK version installed, sailing is a LOT smoother. And as such, I really would like to complete the game in Silver... That is, if no one has any objections...

Yup, I've checked this too already. It totally is a legendary item. I must have played in a poorly lit room before...

I've already completed the Epic Office quest before for all of my charas... So I can see the lightsaber in the log, but can't actually get it. I'd look for my old savegames though. Maybe I'd manage to get one for myself too.

Yah.. The log book is a bit deceptive. IT lists the lightsaber and Benny's Promise as quest rewards from the start. And they are - but not for completing the quest! They're drops made by Frank Rentmeister in the Orc territory and Benny Kayser in the Swamp. Once you get the last employee, the reward box will change - you'll see the usual drops - the potions, Ellen's Commitment and Stradahl's Hammer listed.

BTW... You can always take a single player character you've got on your system and load it up in Multiplayer on the same level as the one you started the game on, and then go do the Benny's Corn Circle quest (or any other for that matter) and get the reward. If you're really wanting to do a bit of risktaking... you can pop down to the jungle, crack open the Something Wonderful door, then pop up to the Ascaron Offices to get the quest - and then pop on over to the Orc territory to visit Frank Rentmeister (he's in Shlunzum - the area where the ice lord resides - and get the legendary one. :D

Yes, I know about the multiplayer... I've already got 3 lightsabers for one Seraphim from the Whoops quest while trying to picture its NPCs and quest enemies. I was talking about the Epic Office only. Though I'd get a 'Power of NIF' later. Maybe even today. I'm just busy with NPC pages right now.

As for adding these things to the wiki page, I just thought that it'd be better to find out a more or less complete quest list (I mean the list of quests that are rewarded with a lightsaber) before adding it to the page.

I keep forgetting that I can open a LAN game, go in and do that without logging into servers. I have no idea where my log in info for servers is. I may just do that later on when I have time.

Yes, I know about the multiplayer... I've already got 3 lightsabers for one Seraphim from the Whoops quest while trying to picture its NPCs and quest enemies. I was talking about the Epic Office only. Though I'd get a 'Power of NIF' later. Maybe even today. I'm just busy with NPC pages right now.

As for adding these things to the wiki page, I just thought that it'd be better to find out a more or less complete quest list (I mean the list of quests that are rewarded with a lightsaber) before adding it to the page.

Cool...

That's one reason why I wanna finish this game off. I'd have a better idea what quests there are that drop 'em.

I keep forgetting that I can open a LAN game, go in and do that without logging into servers. I have no idea where my log in info for servers is. I may just do that later on when I have time.

That IS one of the benefits of the LAN game - you don't need to log in anywhere - except right there on your PC. Just click on LAN and open your character. Then all you need to do is create a new LAN game and off you go.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Yes, finishing the campaign would make us know at least all the common quests that should be listed. There may be also some character specific quests (since there is one for the Seraphim, there may be some for the others). And maybe you'd manage to find the Helmet of unspeakable evil in game.

These ones were there from beginning I think, but I didn't find them on wiki yet:

While looking for x-mas gifts for kids 2009. Somehow the mounts looked like good friends. Starwars Episode III

bg-grievous-chase.jpg

Look at the pictures here:

From GSF (German Sacred Forum) : Starwars Bar

and compare with:

D_cantina2.jpg

The cave holds the bar from starwars, just without all these aliens. But listen to the background music - at leat in german version.

Yes, these ones were from the beginning - I always knew that this bar is a reference to something, but couldn't remember what exactly it is reference to. Thank you for reminding. It's a really interesting find. Both facts are. Could you add these things to the wiki page?

By the way, I got myself 'Power of NIF'. In my case it's a blue one with mostly magical damage. Looks like we'd have to picture several instances of its stats as well as of its appearance.

I had added that bar in the Places section but never really knew what to call it...I do have a pic of the bar on the page if you want to compare....maybe at some point we could think of a better name for it ( I could not find anything in-game referring to it)

Desert Jazz Bar

How is the bar named in starwars: Mos Eisley Cantina?

I have no Starwars DVD's at home to do screenshots. It was Episode III with this Mantis general on a 'mobilicum' and the jedi on this lizard, or?

Ok... Found the Dryad region quest that drops the lightsaber... it's the Patience chain quest - the one you start at the Temple of the Gods south of Dyr Leigh by talking to the Priest outside of the temple who sends you to see his brother... Good thing they pay you off before laughing their heads (and other body parts) off..

Apparently, a good ROFLMAO in Ancaria can be explosively lethal.

So that means the quests that consistently drop lightsabers with the CM-Patch are:

Tyr-Lysia (Elf) - Benny's Corn Circles

Artamark (Human) - Manners Maketh Kobold

Nor Plat (Orc) - Frank Rentmeister (Epic Office Quest) drops legendary

Seraphim Island - ?

Dragonsea Islands - ?

Swamp Region - The Dream Vampire (Glitched in v0100)

Bengaresh (Desert) - A Rather Different Bar (the Twitty Tister quest)

Jungle - ?

Dryad Islands - Patience

Wastelands - ?

Guessing the Wastelands area will not have any since there aren't any side quests to be had there. Then again, who knows. One of the 3 employees there may yet surprise me.

The quests not linked are MIA from the wiki.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Made a page for my variant of Power of NIF on the wiki. If you have another variant and some time on your hands, it'd be nice if you add your lightsaber to this page.

Very cool - my saber's stats are almost identical to the one you posted. Same level, same general stats. The only difference is in the damage output type. Yours appears to be in blue, while mine is in red. Magic Damage vs Fire.

Btw... The "NIF" in Power of NIF actually has some meaning. It's a project aimed at creating fusion reactors in the US. It's called the National Ignition Facility (NIF) and you can read more about it on Wikipedia.

Well, I didn't link the NIF wikipedia article to the item page, though I've found it out while translating this item's name some time ago. I think, I'd fix it a bit later today. I also got a green one with physical+magic+fire+poison damage. Would add a pic of it too.

Almost all the CM-items are a reference to something. Vader's helmet, Buffy's scythe, HE's set named after Dungeons&Dragons and so on.

I was in a LAN game last night, got the light saber to drop in the Whoops! quest but not the Corn Circles quest. It is possible that the seraphim won't get the saber to drop in Corn Circles because she gets one in the Whoops! quest?

Thank you very much for your help with a quest list, Wolfie. I added it to the Star Wars Easter Egg Page. If we find more, we could just add them here. I didn't write a thing about the Vader's helmet, since it wasn't found in game yet. Also modified Power of NIF's page. Added two more variations and a link to the NIF project official site.

Very cool... Guessing now we're only missing the Magenta/Pink colored blade.

I think we've gotten some things figured out here about lightsabers...

1.) There are 4 varieties - Red, Green, Blue and Pink/Magenta

2.) Each color does physical damage plus additional damage that depends on the color of the blade.

3.) The red ones do Fire damage

4.) Blue/baby blue ones do magic damage

5.) Green ones are poison damage

6.) Pink/magenta ones do ice damage.

Not quite sure how you get pink/magenta to equal ice - but oh well... Ancaria is a strange world.

7.) Modifying a pink/magenta (ice) Lightsaber with say, a chunk of lava will not change the color of the blade nor will it make it burst into flames.

8.) Blades can have more than one type of damage - such as your green Power of NIF. The color of the blade is always going to follow the dominant non physical damage type. That green Power of NIF has Physical, a bit of Magic, fire and poison damage. It's green because it does more poison than fire and magic damage.

Maybe we need a generic Lightsaber page that explains all this stuff. I can probably squeeze it in later today.