More Star Wars Easter Eggs with CM

Maybe we need a generic Lightsaber page that explains all this stuff. I can probably squeeze it in later today.

I was actually wondering about this. When I looked at the wiki for the "lightsaber" page...I couldn't find one. I then searched in our Weapon section that has all the different types of weapons... and lightsaber wasn't there:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Weapons

A light saber page should be reconciled against that page, via fitting "light saber" into proper section so that it can also be compared against the other weapon types.

:)

gogo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about the colours, Wolfie. And you both are right about the fact that we need a page.

One more think to be put on it: All lightsabers have willpower-based damage.

I know that it was said a lot of times before, just decided to remind.

By the way, I tried to get ice-based NIF several times, but still haven't got it. Will try again though. Funny as it seems, when I loaded my oldest chara for the first time, I saw ice-based Power of NIF in the log (by the way, it's the same as the poison one - 4 damage types but ice dominant), but since the quest was already finished...

Edited by Silver_fox

You are right about the colours, Wolfie. And you both are right about the fact that we need a page.

One more think to be put on it: All lightsabers have willpower-based damage.

I know that it was said a lot of times before, just decided to remind.

By the way, I tried to get ice-based NIF several times, but still haven't got it. Will try again though. Funny as it seems, when I loaded my oldest chara for the first time, I saw ice-based Power of NIF in the log (by the way, it's the same as the poison one - 4 damage types but ice dominant), but since the quest was already finished...

I don't believe lightsabers do willpower damage.

First off, the modifier for all of them is sword lore. That would imply they're strength based (like all other sword type weapons.

Secondly, the Power of NIF blades are the only ones I've seen that even mention willpower as an attribute. I've got about a dozen or so at the moment in my shared chest - and they all have different attributes like any other generic yellow modifier modded sword.

post-14586-0-13875000-1295392111_thumb.jpg

Note the lack of "Willpower" as an attribute of the sword above.

Third, I did a bit of playing around by socketing the Power of NIF in a weapon socket and switching back and forth between it and another generic sword. I had the player skills/attributes page open and I switched between the two of them. I paid close attention to the willpower attribute. When it was on the generic sword, Willpower was 288 and when I switched to the Power of NIF, it went up to 301... I ran the math and it didn't quite work out exactly to 5.4% (more like 4.9%) but it was close enough for government work (or Ascaron's programming voodoo)...

Replacing the Power of NIF with the generic lightsaber in the picture above, Willpower did not change (as expected).

Fourth, if you look at the page Gogo linked to - there are three varieties of weapons - Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence. If you look at the description of Willpower, it says something to the effect of

Increases resistance against magic spells and additional damage (burn, freeze, poison, etc...)

...which makes it purely defensive in nature. Nothing in the description mentions doing damage against an enemy - just resisting damage being done to you.

Lightsabers got their own soundprofile, naming and are based on willpower now. Random golden lightsabers can be dropped by bosses now

That is official statement from the CM-patch changes. If it doesn't work properly, we should ask czevak about it. But he wrote in the CM topic that this feature of the lightsabers really works.

it means that the damage that is actually done to the enemy doesn't depend on strength nor dexterity (By the way, officially dexterity affects only a chance to hit, but actually the damage done by daggers and short swords depends on it, not on strength)

Edited by Silver_fox

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of will power being the modifier for lightsabers. If so, it must be new coming from the CM PaTCH, and therefore not original cannon.

I can see a page for lightsabers being initially generated from that link to the weapons page I linked to up above with original canon information relating to lightsabers from pre-cm patch...then with special notes regarding the changes that cm patch have made to light sabers. This would then put in original canon, good info regarding the lightsabers that so far is not in wiki...with then notes regarding the later addition of non-original canon info that is coming specifically from CM patch.

gogo

Lightsabers got their own soundprofile, naming and are based on willpower now. Random golden lightsabers can be dropped by bosses now

That is official statement from the CM-patch changes. If it doesn't work properly, we should ask czevak about it. But he wrote in the CM topic that this feature of the lightsabers really works.

it means that the damage that is actually done to the enemy doesn't depend on strength nor dexterity (By the way, officially dexterity affects only a chance to hit, but actually the damage done by daggers and short swords depends on it, not on strength)

Good idea.. Might as well go right to the source. Asked in topic 0000386... Hopefully we'll have an answer in the next 24...

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of will power being the modifier for lightsabers. If so, it must be new coming from the CM PaTCH, and therefore not original cannon.

I can see a page for lightsabers being initially generated from that link to the weapons page I linked to up above with original canon information relating to lightsabers from pre-cm patch...then with special notes regarding the changes that cm patch have made to light sabers. This would then put in original canon, good info regarding the lightsabers that so far is not in wiki...with then notes regarding the later addition of non-original canon info that is coming specifically from CM patch.

gogo

It's the first for me as well. It makes no real sense if you look at all the info on Willpower - it translates to Spell Resistance - which is purely a defensive value. I can kinda see using say, a physical shield to smack some baddy upside the head. But once again, that's a factor of the strength of the individual wielding it.

Oh well... I've posted the question. With any luck we'll get an answer soon...

I think willpower for light sabres may be changed if a willpower build would proof this as overpowered. Dragon mage and shadow warrior have willpower buffs.

If you're thinking of Grim Resilience and Familiar - both of those use Willpower as a defensive mechanism.

Yes willpower is defensive, except if you use it in combination with light sabres and CM-patch. So boost willpower with the buff and buff gear, do a second boost with x% willpower equipment (which could be light sabres). Never tried how high the damage boost may go, perhaps someone should test it.

Shadow warrior with two x% willpower light sabres and Kullgard's_Swedish_Student's_Drinking_Suit. Should nearly double the willpower from buff.

Yes willpower is defensive, except if you use it in combination with light sabres and CM-patch. So boost willpower with the buff and buff gear, do a second boost with x% willpower equipment (which could be light sabres). Never tried how high the damage boost may go, perhaps someone should test it.

Shadow warrior with two x% willpower light sabres and Kullgard's_Swedish_Student's_Drinking_Suit. Should nearly double the willpower from buff.

OK.. So you do all of that - you've got the uber spell resistance. Cool. So then when you go up against enemies like a hoard of spiders, you won't be poisoned, and flame throwing dragons won't turn you into crispy critters quite so fast. Ice based critters won't be able to freeze you solid and those blasted Yeti (including the nasty ones like Walter/Hanier on Christmas/Northland Island) won't be able to slap you silly when they swing those massive arms at you. Great. But... (There always is one of those...)

So how does that channel the defensive spell resistance into offensive butt kicking hacking and slashing goodness with a lightsaber?

Just because you're not poisoned, frozen, burned or weakened - that doesn't necessarily increase your damage output when you're perfectly otherwise healthy. It just keeps you sharp so when you do get into a scrap, you're still at your full game - more or less. There's still a chance - however slim - that the math gods won't smile in your favor and you can still lose the computation that keeps you from harm. The weapon still requires an arm to swing it and that still means strength.

It's like that story you told a while back about that kid who was trying to impress your daughter by chopping a bunch of wood - with the wrong tool. No amount of bravado, willpower (if you will) would make the task go any better for him even if he was a body builder pumped up like say, Arnold Schwartzennegger in his prime if he was using the wrong sort of tool.

Quote from the german 0.90 patch log

Lichtschwerter erhielten ein typisches Soundprofil, Bezeichnung und basieren nun auf Willenskraft. Random

Unique Lichtschwerter können nun auch bei Bossen gefunden werden.

Anpassung aller Schwerter und Säbel. Solche niedriger als 3 Inventarfelder basieren nun einheitlich auf Geschick.

Alle größeren auf Stärke.

Katanas basieren nun auf Geschick und sind als Katana, Yuudai und Kitari ausgewiesen.

Faustwaffen mit langen Klingen basieren nun auf Geschick.

Light sabres now have a typical sound profile, naming and are now based on willpower. Random unique light sabres can now be found at bosses.

Redoing all Swords and sabres. Ones with less than 3 square in inventory are now all dexterity based. Bigger ones are all strength.

Katana's are now all dexterity based and named as Katana, Yuudai and Kitari.

Fist weapons with long blades are now dexterity based, others strength.

I read this that higher willpower will be more damage with light sabres starting with the 0.90 version of CM-patch.

Now we have two people quoting CM-patch log here.

But it looks like only the czevak's confirmation can make people here sure. And we got this confirmation:

On the willpower: There is not addition to the "Willpower Tooltip", so that states the situation before CM. However the same mechanics in how strength affects damage output are the same with the willpower modded lightsabers as they apply to normal str or dex based weaponry.

(The base damage on the weapon tooltip stays the same, what changes with increased willpower is the total dealing damage displayed at the top of the Inventory window.)

Look here: http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=386

So with CM the lightsabers' damage really depends on willpower. It seemed a bit strange for me too, since in Sacred willpower is a defensive attribute, but it looks nice together with the Star Wars setting.

Edited by Silver_fox

Aside from lightsaber discussion, there are another Star Wars themed things that are not documented yet.

For example, the more I play DM, the more I think that DM stands not for 'Dargon Mage' but for 'Darth Maul'. Sorry, but this helmet just reminds me of this character from Episode I.

b129fdf1367e.jpg

Actually DM just looks like he is a member of Zabrak race, but Darth Maul is the first Zabrak to come to my mind.

This one have nothing to do with CM, yet still...

Sorry for spamming this topic, but I wanted to say that I got lightsabers in both Whoops and Corn Circles with my Seraphim. So she really gets two in Tyr Lysia.

I was in a LAN game last night, got the light saber to drop in the Whoops! quest but not the Corn Circles quest. It is possible that the seraphim won't get the saber to drop in Corn Circles because she gets one in the Whoops! quest?

Maybe you just missed it, Ysne. It is not a quest reward. The Corn Circles lightsaber drops when you touch the switch that summons an alien.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that the Helmet of unspeakable evil had been discussed somewhere but I can't find it. Looking on the wiki I didn't see it posted either. And I couldn't see anything that lists CM-Patch only items. I went to edit in the pictures I took but one look at the code and my brain froze. If someone could post these pics in would be great.

HelmetofEvil3.jpgHelmetofEvil4.jpg

HelmetofEvil1.jpgHelmetofEvil2.jpg

Ahh there it is. Found it on the Easter Egg link. Was looking for it in the unique armor. And mine looks differant. wonder if that is because I have the Ci-Sacred mod installed also.

Thanks Ysne found a new page in the Wiki for the Patch. thats cool. On that page is where to post any "new" cm items?

Edited by Furian67

Well, Schot and gogo still didn't answer on where in the Unique database all the CM items should go, so they are only listed on the special Community Patch Unique Items page. And I believe that this strange red glow is a sort of a bug. While czevak and LazyTomcat were creating this item, they posted only pictures with the look that is on the wiki. Maybe Ci-Sacred really changes some of the materials they used. After all, as I remember, there is no Ci-Sacred version compatible with CM v100.

EDIT

Now the only unique from v100 that isn't on the wiki is the 'Scythe of the Slayer' aka Buffy's Scythe. I simply don't have a high level SW who could lift it (it's a 2-handed axe officially).

/EDIT

Edited by Silver_fox

Ahh there it is. Found it on the Easter Egg link. Was looking for it in the unique armor. And mine looks differant. wonder if that is because I have the Ci-Sacred mod installed also.

Most likely the ciSacred mod went along and replaced the CM v0110 surface.txt. This red glow is from a big, fat, red "X" that shows a missing texture.