Any reason to see True Grit in the theatres?

Coen brothers... godly

I have a shrine in my room dedicated to the awesomeness of their last movie, No Country for Old Man.

I've never seen one of their movies in a theater, however, always waiting for it to come out on home video so I can "segue" into their dark, dreary, tortuous winds.

This last one, True Grit, looks to be great

True-Grit-2010.jpg

...but spending all the money in a theater..is it worth it? For a "drama" thing like this...does watching it in 3D do anything worthwhile?

Or should I keep my money for Seth's Green Hornet?

:)

gogo

I just spoke to my uncle on it on facebook...he's a huge movie fan from the old days. Says that True Grit is like a remake of a John Wayne movie... for which JW won the Oscar for. So... it looks like this movie's got the great writing and content that the Coen's are famous for, and that I'm in for a good view. I won't go see it at the theatre though...will probably wait it out for it at home... lol 3D for drama? Beh

DB, have you seen any Coen movies, do you like any of them off hand or noticed?

:)

gogo

No idea who the Coen brothers are to tell you the truth.

Actually though, now that you mention it being a remake of John Waynes film, I recall watching it with my dad at one point...I dont remember if it was any good, but I do recall watching it....so not much help :P