Good experience..Little Travel..Low Effort Quests

Im looking for a permanent spot to put some quests that I, and possibly others, see as keeping track of through the many playthroughs and making sure they are done.

I have some written down at home so I will update post later and I will even break them down into Acts and the "general location" as to where to get the quests from, along with a little descprition of quest

So far I have Arena Above the Sky, NW corner of Seraphim Island, 3 waves of alien champions each wave consisting of more aliens than previous wave. level 33 and got 29k experience for quest

Almost Godlike, N area of Seraphim Island, kill a Dragon in his lair. level 33 got 31k experience for quest.

If anyone would like to add to this please be my quest as if I get enough replies I will just make a nice guideline for each area.

If this has been done before and still around a simple re-direct to that post and I'll post there.

Cheers!

Kobold Cheiftan quest gives awesome quest experience. I was getting about 80k experience. in Platinum with a level 90-ish Bot.

I would add that Arena Above the Clouds is not a "Low Effort" Quest. IMO, it is the most dangerous quest in the game. If you're not (almost) immune to close combat, you're dead meat. I almost always use a god power for round 3 :oooo:

Edited by essjayehm

Awesome dude! Ill def add this one later.

About arena in teh sky? I guess me and my GF did it on Silver and had no problems at all. I would assume later difficulties to be harder but I would also assume gear would be alot better. I will make a note that it can and may be hard.

TYVM for your input btw.

Cheers!

FYI I think most or all of the above quests are one time only quests during campaign mode, better is to find quests which are near repeatable bosses or other experience areas for free mode.

I'll get you started...

Grunwald, head SW from teleporter to Dragon Cave, there is a quest right outside to kill three guys who are about a hundred feet away, nice emeny clusters on way to cave and finish off with the dragon.

Right above Gar' Collossus there is a quest to kill 8 elementals which is a nice bonus before you go kill Gar.

Thank you. I was totally aware they were 1 time only quests but what I was aiming for was fast easy chunks of experience some might miss if they didnt explore certain areas. I mean for example the Almost Godlike quest, super easy, I killed a dragon and got 31k experience in Silver. Yeah its one time but that took like 1/3 of my level 32, that was my goal.

Regarding the quests you mentioned, are you saying you can repeat these? Or they are just in nice spots to get some extra experience? And is this only in Free World? I have never even started a Free World game so I dont know what that all does.

TYVM for your input

Cheers!

Im looking for a permanent spot to put some quests that I, and possibly others, see as keeping track of through the many playthroughs and making sure they are done.

I have some written down at home so I will update post later and I will even break them down into Acts and the "general location" as to where to get the quests from, along with a little descprition of quest

Beautiful idea! What I can suggest is, when you get the information you are satisfied with, consider making a true guide and placing them in the Guides section of our forum here :

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=358

That section is for reference writeups and guides. It would be the perfect safe place for your writeup.

:)

gogo

Kobold Cheiftan quest gives awesome quest experience. I was getting about 80k experience. in Platinum with a level 90-ish Bot.

I would add that Arena Above the Clouds is not a "Low Effort" Quest. IMO, it is the most dangerous quest in the game. If you're not (almost) immune to close combat, you're dead meat. I almost always use a god power for round 3 :oooo:

I did that quest last night on Niob. My DW/DP Seraphim is almost bulletproof and nothing short of the Nameless Guardians gets her attention, but I agree that quest is not for the faint of heart.

Ok so I will consider removing that quest from my list or just noting that in later playthoughs it can be very dangerous. I was just basing my original post off my findings in Silver, my fault, because I think everything died in 2-3 meteor/pelting strikes combo. Thanks guys for the input.

Once, if ever, I get a decent amount of feedback I will definately put it into guide format, by area, difficulty, etc etc but it seems so far not alot. So I may just end up doing this on a piece of paper at home :( like I have been. Maybe not as good as idea as I originally thought.

Cheers!

FYI I think most or all of the above quests are one time only quests during campaign mode, better is to find quests which are near repeatable bosses or other experience areas for free mode.

Uhm, all quests are one-time only ;), but I know what you mean. Only Blind Guardian, and the class quest is limited to campaign only, and are not available in freeworld. AFAIK :) There could be a couple of others but I play 95% campaign so I am not totally sure on that.

Yes, in free mode 98% of the quests/bosses are repeatable(if you log out/in), a few exceptions are, the Arena, Some Class quests, Xanthiar(SP?), Mist1 and Mist2.

I just make a run at a few bosses/areas and then reboot and repeat. Personally I go,

1) Start Island to Four Guardian Temple, via underground

2) Banshee, from resussurection monolith

3) Boar, from kufferath Castle

4) Grunwald Cave Dragon(good mob packs on the way and a quest)

5) Swamp Dragon (Really Good packs on the way)

6) Facceleton(sp?)

The Guardians, Dragons and Crystal Boss all drop the top teir stuff, Banshee and Boar for set peices.

Some may not know this but if you start a new difficulty in free mode you can immediatly teleport directly to Sloeford, from there you can tele directly to the Port which leads to the guardians*, from there you can go to the start port on Dryad island and from there over to the Jungle port. Also you should be able to tele to Seraphim island port. The Dryad island teleporter under Start Island will take you right next to the Dryad City teleporter.

*Particularly useful for forging, if your in Niob and can't actually kill stuff worth a damn, you can still get to the second best forge(level 134) at this location.

In Khorum, "The Thing In The Cellar". You talk to the little girl on the roof, kill one demon in the cellar and go back to the little girl. I earned 8000xp in about a minute on Bronze.

awesome, thanks for the heads up man. I dont think ppl originally got what I was going for with this thread but replys like that last part are to the t. If this thread is actually going to take off in the direction I had anticipated I would gladly make up a chart with names experience etc etc.

fyi I have also found that quest :)

cheers!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Mad Butcher

After you kill the Gar Colossus, but before you go thru the wall into Nor Plat you can knock out this easy quest. Just SW of the gate thru the wall is a cabin and inside is a mad scientist who wants to take over the world with an army of undead orcs. Talk to him twice and he will attack you. Kill him and his two thugs, and you have completed the quest.

This quest is not in the wiki yet, but give me a couple of days (I am in PC limbo right now).