PS3 crashing/freezing

I am trying to find out exactly what is causing this crashing/freezeing im getting, alot more than I would like to think is normal.

Is is my fault? The PS3? The game itself? Is is because I use Blazing Tempest? Is there some setting in the game or PS3 menus I can check/uncheck to prevent future wasting of my life?

Ive even gone to great lengths to get the PS3 its own fan to keep it nice and cool. I save every 9 minutes, soon to be 5. If they are long gaming sessions I will reset the PS3 itself and give it a little break every once and a while. The PS3 is brand the, the game is flawless..im running out of ideas.

Sadly since game makers dont see that couch co-op hack and slashers could prolly run the gaming world, at least in my eyes, there are not alot of them out there so hence why I love this game. Its the fix I have craved since I got burnt out on D2 and WoW (not a couch co-op altough it could be).

/rant?

Cheers!

Whenever I play Sacred for more than 3 hours at a time, the game always freezes the PS3 and I need to do a reboot. Now I am at a point where I can almost tell when the console will freeze and usually save just before that.

I think the game freezes because it doesn't properly free up used memory. I imagine a lot of memory is used in a few hours of killing and collecting loot and if they don't recycle properly it would cause a freeze.

All of my play is SP, and mostly with a DW seraphim with little Area of Effect use. I found one part of the map where it locked up 4 times consecutively, but no other pattern. As I posted earlier, periodically exiting to the main menu pretty much eliminated the problem of intermittent lock-ups for me.

I started a HE last week and it has locked up one time, just a couple minutes after turning on the console. I had fired Blazing Tempest then Glacial Thorns and everything froze. My MO for mobs is to cycle through Cobalt Strike, Blazing Tempest and Glacial Thorns just as fast as I can and have only had that one problem.

Seems totally random to me, but my experience is below if it helps.

I had issues with the game locking under the following circumstances.

1. Too many active side quests.

2. Having people follow you around from unfinished side quests.

I am leaning more towards #1 being the primary cause than #2.

My experience:

Silver - activated very few side quests, didn't freeze much at all

Gold - Activated quite a few side quests, but didnt complete many of them - froze quite a bit

Platinum - Activated 1-2 side quests at a time, and completed them before activating more - froze a little, but not too much

Niob - Activated no side quests unless I intended to finish them right away - rarely any freezes - maybe 1/50th of what I had on Gold.

My system rarely freezes during free world play, I had most of the issues during campaign. It does freeze on occasion, but it is very rare in free world.

Disable - Gore and Buff Effects - speeds up play a little, and keeps the system from having to display these constant effects.

I never unplug my PS3, there is a power switch on the back of it similar to a computer. At least on my PS3 there is.

Eh, the game is full of glitches, so it isn't your fault. Many of us here have had the game crash on us, and typically at the worst possible time. As far as I go, the last time I played the game, I managed to get through about three hours and, aside from the glitchy slowdown at a couple of points, I was fine. I had the gore settings on, too. During the times the game froze, I was playing the campaign with a friend, while the last couple of times I had no issues. I still saved often, especially when I level up or find some real good items, but it hasn't been an issue as of late.