How to open a save file for Seraphim in Underworld

So I made a seraphim, she was good, I saved her last save with quicksave, then went to another char and by accident I saved him with quicksave too, so now my seraphim is kinda gone. Now, I found the save files from my computer, but I have no idea how to open them. It wants me to choose somekind of a program to open it with. Any thoughts?

So I made a seraphim, she was good, I saved her last save with quicksave, then went to another char and by accident I saved him with quicksave too, so now my seraphim is kinda gone. Now, I found the save files from my computer, but I have no idea how to open them. It wants me to choose somekind of a program to open it with. Any thoughts?

Launch Sacred and when you get to the menu, you should be able to load the game from the Load Game option. The Quicksave feature, if I recall correctly creates a new game file whenever you save. So if your highest file is like 50, your previous quicksave file should be #49.

Hehe... what I meant was id did another quicksave and that overwrote the seraphim quicksave. But I did find the save file from ascaron entertainment folder in my computer (u once had to do the same too...) but when I want to launch it it says I gotta choose a program to open it with, but it wont open. so what program should I use to open the save file?

Hehe... what I meant was id did another quicksave and that overwrote the seraphim quicksave. But I did find the save file from ascaron entertainment folder in my computer (u once had to do the same too...) but when I want to launch it it says I gotta choose a program to open it with, but it wont open. so what program should I use to open the save file?

You can't open a save file from outside Sacred (it's not like an excel or adobe file where clicking it will launch the proper program). And it's not the "quicksave" you're seeing but an autosave. As wolfie said above, go into the load game menu and scroll down thru the various saves. You will likely have lost some progress because autosave only happens at certain milestones but it's better than losing it altogether.

Your other alternative is to figure out the location and filename of the "quicksave" and then replace it w/ the file you're seeing (but no promise that will work as I've never tried it myself).

Edited by masteff

k, nevermind. I found an old save and worked with it a bit... got some sereish pieces. I do wonder: Quest grinding Vs Champion hunting? As u make a quicksave of a quest as u r about to give it it and u do it over and over again till u get that seti item u want or go hunt for champion monsters. Wonder which one is more effective. Currently doing wolf eyes grind, with SB 82% and MF 20 (+31%).

I never liked doing quicksave/quickload to try for set drops because you don't make any progress for all the time spent (and I'd always mess up which key I hit and either ruin my quicksave (by saving over it) or hit quickload right after something good dropped and it'd vanish). Of course it's not much different than the bajillion hours I spent at BraveMart flipping back and forth and making no real progress.

Personally, I'd say spend time in combat to boost your SB and fight champs. But that really is just personal preference.

Set drops are hard to quantify so no idea what's actually more effective between quest drops and champs.

I never liked doing quicksave/quickload to try for set drops because you don't make any progress for all the time spent (and I'd always mess up which key I hit and either ruin my quicksave (by saving over it) or hit quickload right after something good dropped and it'd vanish). Of course it's not much different than the bajillion hours I spent at BraveMart flipping back and forth and making no real progress.

Personally, I'd say spend time in combat to boost your SB and fight champs. But that really is just personal preference.

Set drops are hard to quantify so no idea what's actually more effective between quest drops and champs.

k, didnt quite get the answer. But with wolf eyes it drops only set items, a ring and runes. But with champions they might not drop anything good or only normal items... and my sb is already 82% hard to get it higher. Still using enlightened iron to boost my MF too.