Almost Godlike quest - Where is the quest giver?

My Niob Seraphim had completed this quest on every difficulty. With two new characters, the quest giver is not even there. I went back with my Niob Seraphim to confirm where the NPC should be. Nothing in my quest log indicates this is a chain quest.

Any idea what I am overlooking?

My Niob Seraphim had completed this quest on every difficulty. With two new characters, the quest giver is not even there. I went back with my Niob Seraphim to confirm where the NPC should be. Nothing in my quest log indicates this is a chain quest.

Any idea what I am overlooking?

Offhand, I don't recall doing this quest with anything except the Seraphim. Given the Wiki's missing the quest entirely (it's now showing up as a template, ready for someone to come along and fill in the blanks), it's kinda difficult to say. But if I recall correctly, this quest is given by a Seraphim on the north part of Seraphim Island - near a statue of a dragon. I don't recall seeing the quest with my TG, HE nor any other character for that matter.

It's also a single player only quest. Not sure if that adds anything to the discussion.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Prior to today, I was operating under the assumption that this was a Seraphim/Campaign-only quest, but there seems to be more to it than that.

My Niob DW Seraphim is not even through the Wall yet. I completed this quest in response to some forum discussion. I started a Niob Free World game and teleported from the Start Island to the Seraphim Island. I activated the Monolith, did a Leave Game and went back into my Niob campaign. I went the short distance from the Monolith to the quest giver, killed the dragon and called it a day.

My caster Seraphim is 100% complete with the Bronze difficulty. When she was passing through the Seraphim Island, I did not even check on this quest because she was too weak to be taking on dragons. Today, I resumed the Bronze campaign and teleported to the portal on the Seraphim Island and walked to where the quest giver should be, but the quest giver was not even there.

Last week when my Light HE was on the Seraphim Island, she went looking for the quest giver, but the quest giver was not there. I just assumed this meant that the quest was class specific.

I play all single-player, normally in offline mode, today was all offline.

This quest requires the completion of The Arena Above the Clouds before the questgiver appears. They both may be accepted by any character (did them both with HE and Dryad). But since The Arena is a SinglePlayer only quest (maybe SinglePlayer + Closed Net, but it's not available in LAN and Open Net mods), they both can't be accepted in the LAN mod.

But the dialogs and logs are different for the Seraphim and the others.

Edited by Silver_fox

I have a Light HE and a Seraphim that cannot find the quest giver. My original Seraphim has completed both Arena Above The Clouds and Almost Godlike on every difficulty without any issues. I think it is strange that the NPC's are not even there. AFAIK, even if the quest was unavailable, the NPC would still be there, they just would not have anything to say.

I searched the internet and found a discussion over at SIF from 2009 about the missing quest giver. The thread just ended without resolution. That makes me wonder if the quest was initially bugged but was fixed in a pc-only patch.

I also found an Inquisitor post on an Xbox360 forum saying that he had taken the quest but was not teleported to the dragon's lair. That would tell me that it us not a Light-only quest.

I must admit that when I had enough time to play Sacred and get to this area, the 2.43 was already up for PC. I never encountered any problems with these quests.

By the way, the NPCs aren't there unless some condition is fulfilled. In the LAN mod both Saskia (Arena quest) and Nicole (Almost Godlike) are absent. They just aren't there. And I checked - Nicole appears near that statue only after you're teleported back from the Arena. The place near the Dragon statue is empty before that.

So looks like the answer is - singleplayer only and may be bugged in the earlier versions.

I swear I checked yesterday, and the quest giver for the Arena Above The Clouds was not there. I checked again tonight and she was there. I guess it may have been an ID-10-T error. :blush: