Another CM-Patch proposal

Yup, the arena in Ruka is the right one. All the others have a fight quests on them already (Redemption chain and Shadow campaign in Thylysium, The Arena Above the Clouds on the seraphim Island, testing the new gladiators in Badawi). I remember only an Ascaron Employee somewhere near it, nothing more special. And Nor Plat has too little quests for such a big area, so it'd be a right decision to place a new one here.

I also had one more idea about that. Posted it on Mantis some time ago, but maybe I'd copy it here too:

What about something like a 'Panem et Circensis'-'Treasure Hunters, Inc.' quests in Sacred 1? I mean there is the qust giver, that first tells you that before he finally tells you what he has to offer you'd have to proof yourself worthy on the Arena. So you go to the Arena and fight all the matches, receiving the normal, not chara-specific arena reward. After that the person is impressed with your skills and offers you his quest, which is character-specific and gives you a legendary (there may be different people with different tasks for all the charas). In other words, we can initially make an Arena quest and one chara-specific first, for example for SW, and then add more chara-specific quests in the following CM versions. That would make the idea more flexible, and maybe more interesting (since it gives you one more reason to participate in the tournament and explains why the final reward is specially for you).

By the way, for HE, I'd prefer ++Combat Art skills or ++CA range or ++CA regen instead of ++Combat Arts. Most of HE players watch a balance before the CA level and regen a lot and would think twice before adding +++CA levels to the build (since the quest is hard, that the build that finishes it is already strong and therefore already has a max desired spell level for this character level). So I would definitely prefer a bonus that would add some power to the spells without increasing their level.

Edited by Silver_fox

Yup, the arena in Ruka is the right one. All the others have a fight quests on them already (Redemption chain and Shadow campaign in Thylysium, The Arena Above the Clouds on the seraphim Island, testing the new gladiators in Badawi). I remember only an Ascaron Employee somewhere near it, nothing more special. And Nor Plat has too little quests for such a big area, so it'd be a right decision to place a new one here.

That employee is actually INSIDE - almost dead center of the arena in Ruka. His name is Marko Giertolla... That location might be a bit problematic with Marko in the way.

There's also a 2nd quest in the Seraphim Arena - the Shadow Warrior, I believe, has a class quest and he's got to kill an undead dragon...

Yes, the employee is inside, but it's not a big problem to re-locate him, so I mentioned only the region where he is, without specifying the exact location. After all, the TG's class-quest was moved from Failitia's dungeon, so it is possible to move one employee from the arena.

And yes, SW's class quest takes place in the Seraphim Arena, but it's not a try-to-be-a-gladiator quest, so I mentioned only The Arena Above the Clouds, since it's more like the proposed quest.

Yes, the employee is inside, but it's not a big problem to re-locate him, so I mentioned only the region where he is, without specifying the exact location. After all, the TG's class-quest was moved from Failitia's dungeon, so it is possible to move one employee from the arena.

And yes, SW's class quest takes place in the Seraphim Arena, but it's not a try-to-be-a-gladiator quest, so I mentioned only The Arena Above the Clouds, since it's more like the proposed quest.

Yah.. I'm sure you're in the know... Just putting that info out there so everyone else is also up to speed. Not everyone out there is a quest-a-holic like us and knows this sort of thing inside and out. Some people just like to farm bosses and grind... Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just they wouldn't know the finer points of all of the quests.

I love your idea silver fox! This means that the legendary rewards dont have to be associated with the gladiator's theme and we can be a bit more creative. "However", this will create a new problem to deal with: Developing a new exciting, good fun and challenging chain quest. Do you have any ideas? I need some time to think ^^

The orcish region will be definitively the most appropriate one. A raw scenery for tough fights :)

Well, you're right, Wolfie, it's reasonable to list all the important things.

But anyway, the arena in Ruka is free to use once the new place for this guy would be found. Yes, he looks glorious while standing alone in the middle of Arena, but it's quite a waste of a valuable location. It's not necessary to move him far from it, but maybe he may stand near the entrance to the Arena, or among the watchers... anywhere but not where the battle takes place.

I love your idea silver fox! This means that the legendary rewards dont have to be associated with the gladiator's theme and we can be a bit more creative. "However", this will create a new problem to deal with: Developing a new exciting, good fun and challenging chain quest. Do you have any ideas? I need some time to think ^^

I don't think that we really need to develop a chain. Since the Arena is quite a chain by itself, the additional quest may be a short, yet important mission. It may be either really epic or just funny. For example for SW it may be a task from humans who have troubles with orcs near the borderline (if you don't want to travel far from Nor Plat) or with aforementioned elven slavedrivers (but that would probably require to travel back, maybe to be teleported there). But at the same time it may be a joke, like some Orc telling the HE that she's a great shaman and may help them in their great trouble with the mysterious monster only the great warrior can battle, but actually the 'mysterious monster' is an old broken machine that elves forgot there (and the orcs aren't intelligent enough to understand that roars and lightning may be caused by something other than a monster) and HE just turns the machine off - and everyone is happy.