Another CM-Patch proposal

Okay. Sacred 2 Quests are good fun. Very detailed, interesting sometimes, but most of them lack a thrilling plot. I was thinking about creating epic quests, 5 star missions insanely tough, really really hard to complete, with a juicy reward :a considerable amount of loot plus a new legendary item. 7 new challenges, each one with a legenday for a specific character class (like the Undead Legion Quest, where you get nice droops and the boneslicer legendary).

Since I'm a SW fan I've already made up a quest for him lol

Do you guys miss those cool combats in the coliseums in sacred 1? Well, that's my idea, a few combats to death, and I mean DEATH. Don't know which stadium would be the best arena though (Thylisum, Seraphim's, Desert...). To make things more interesting, I was thinking of a special event: The Outmatched Tournament, a chain of fights where your opponents outnumber you. It would have 4 levels (Medium, Hard, Very Hard and Insane). Each level will consist of 3 matches (against 2, then 3 and finally vs 4), excpet Insane one where you will "only" have to kill 2 enemies due to the extreme brutality.

The difficult thing would be to make opponents - minibosses - that strong, we'll have to discuss it. Finally, the special legendary reward would be a gladiator's helmet for SW. Crappy for defense but damn good for offense ^^

http://davidnavarrot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/gladiador-D-color-01.jpg

http://www.tienda-medieval.com/es/305-707-large/casco-de-gladiador-romano.jpg

Do you think it's a good idea?

Edited by Munera

Okay. Sacred 2 Quests are good fun. Very detailed, interesting sometimes, but most of them lack a thrilling plot. I was thinking about creating epic quests, 5 star missions insanely tough, really really hard to complete, with a juicy reward :a considerable amount of loot plus a new legendary item. 7 new challenges, each one with a legenday for a specific character class (like the Undead Legion Quest, where you get nice droops and the boneslicer legendary).

Since I'm a SW fan I've already made up a quest for him lol

Do you guys miss those cool combats in the coliseums in sacred 1? Well, that's my idea, a few combats to death, and I mean DEATH. Don't know which stadium would be the best arena though (Thylisum, Seraphim's, Desert...). To make things more interesting, I was thinking of a special event: The Outmatched Tournament, a chain of fights where your opponents outnumber you. It would have 4 levels (Medium, Hard, Very Hard and Insane). Each level will consist of 3 matches (against 2, then 3 and finally vs 4), excpet Insane one where you will "only" have to kill 2 enemies due to the extreme brutality.

The difficult thing would be to make opponents - minibosses - that strong, we'll have to discuss it. Finally, the special legendary reward would be a gladiator's helmet for SW. Crappy for defense but damn good for offense ^^

http://davidnavarrot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/gladiador-D-color-01.jpg

http://www.tienda-medieval.com/es/305-707-large/casco-de-gladiador-romano.jpg

Do you think it's a good idea?

Ok.. So what you're suggesting is taking the Arena in the Clouds chain quest and ramping up the participants. There are 3 levels in that chain quest, with 2, 4 and 6 opponents. No legendaries regularly drop in those, but it's a pretty tough fight.

For people who like that kind of combat it is a fantastic idea!

I just finished the Diving Bell quest a couple of days ago. I was thinking that there are all kinds of possibilities with a civilization at the bottom of Bluestone Lake that didn't want to be discovered.

Well, I don't know which place would be the best one. The idea is fighting against 2 enemies, then vs 3 and finally vs 4. You have to repeat those 3 combats in every level, except in the last one where you only fight against 2 insane guys. What I want to discuss is how much hp, armor, damage and CAs determine a Medium, Hard, Very Hard and Insane opponent's level. This has to be as tense and thrilling as a very PvP fight.

Well, I don't know which place would be the best one. The idea is fighting against 2 enemies, then vs 3 and finally vs 4. You have to repeat those 3 combats in every level, except in the last one where you only fight against 2 insane guys. What I want to discuss is how much hp, armor, damage and CAs determine a Medium, Hard, Very Hard and Insane opponent's level. This has to be as tense and thrilling as a very PvP fight.

That will be tough. Maybe get some ideas from how some actual pvpers are set up?

That's it Ysne. We need the cavalry here ^^ I know Slevin has a great sense for balance, and I've heard that Dima is a very good player as well. We will have to ask to our german mates then. If we make those enemies like actual PvP builds (they should be, since they're gladiators) this quest can become the most exciting one ever! :)

I remember that the Arena in the Clouds chain quest back in version 90 of the cm patch when it was bugged was very much like this. I loved it. Very difficult.

@ furian: Yes, that's the thing. I'm a bit bored of all those wee quests. I want something challenging ^^

@ claudius: Don't know what can be done yet. Let's see what the tough guys say :D

Can you make PVP AI that is effective?

Not sure I understand what you mean.

PVP is Player vs. Player, and normally each one of those should have brains of their own to play...

If you are talking about AI of NSC vs. Player, then the answer is a clear maybe. We cannot change the AI scripts as such but we can use what is there and combine it. It really is just a handful of conditions that work like "if this then do" and a few added range and distance modifiers.

For example, I can give the NSC a set of spells/CAs and also tell him do use them in a specific order if I want. Then I can tell him to change this spellorder when his HP falls below a certain value or tell him to flee or sth. else like that.

Those are pretty much the main options.

Wow that sounds exciting czevak ^^ It would be also good to give them some kind of "intelligence", I mean, to use certain CAs or movements deppending on the player's fight style and his/her character stats (armor, shield energy, hp, damage, attack and defense...) sounds difficult though :)

Wow that sounds exciting czevak ^^ It would be also good to give them some kind of "intelligence", I mean, to use certain CAs or movements deppending on the player's fight style and his/her character stats (armor, shield energy, hp, damage, attack and defense...) sounds difficult though :)

Yes that would be nice, but it is not possible to do that.

lol well, so u can only do what u mentioned above then? Is it possible to create a npc which really poses a threat to the player?

That at least is no problem. It is quite easy to make encounters no one will live through. XD

That at least is no problem. It is quite easy to make encounters no one will live through. XD

And then get Mantis spammed with 'They are overpowered! Please tweak them down!' kind of thing, right? If you managed to get such a requests even for the Succubus, who isn't really strong in my opinion, what can we expect from the monsters no one will live through?

But anyway, the very idea of a tough challenge is really nice. The idea of creating a new chain specifically for each character is good too. The only thing that confuses me in this idea - it would be a giant amount of work on this arena quest. It would be necessary to think through, create and test not one, but several new bosses, to write the plot and to implement it all. I just remembered how many time it took to create Failitia/Asmarael and their quest. So the arena one would take much more effort than all the other quests that were implemented with CM. And the result would be only useable for a limited amount of players because the quest is character specific. If the CM team was as big as Ascaron, I'd definitely say 'Yes, go for it' for such a proposal. But when I think that this idea is enough to keep all the CM developers busy for quite a big amount of time - which means that they'd have no time to do other interesting things - it makes me doubt a bit.

Well, there will be only 4 enemy types, one for each difficulty. The only thing that will change inside a difficulty will be the amount of enemies of the same kind (2 then 3 and finally 4). We need A,B,C and D "classes" for the suitable difficulty levels.

The quest is not supposed to be a specific character one. The only thing is that the special reward will be for SW only, although it will consist of more things (like the Undead Legion reward).

It would be a good idea to give to players the chance to give up whenever they want (just like a coliseum quest in s1). Their reward would be proportional to the combats he/she has won, but you will only be given the epic helmet if you beat them all.

Btw czevak, do you think it is possible to develop that helmet? ^^

Btw czevak, do you think it is possible to develop that helmet? ^^

Yes, definitely.

Well, there will be only 4 enemy types, one for each difficulty. The only thing that will change inside a difficulty will be the amount of enemies of the same kind (2 then 3 and finally 4). We need A,B,C and D "classes" for the suitable difficulty levels.

We would need 16 Quests in that chain for this. What are these "classes"?

Edited by czevak

No, just 13. I'll try to explain this as much as I can. First of all, we have to make 4 different NPC, enemies. Lets call them Prototype A (Medium), B (Hard), C (Very Hard) and D (Insane).

You will be told to enter the tournament and all that. You fight vs 2A, and then talk to the quest giver, who will always tell you after the combat is finished if u want to continue or quit. It's ok if you retire lol. If you don't refuse, you'll have to take down 3A, 4A, 2B, 3B, 4B, 2C, 3C, 4C and finally 2D, an almost impossible match.

No, just 13. I'll try to explain this as much as I can. First of all, we have to make 4 different NPC, enemies. Lets call them Prototype A (Medium), B (Hard), C (Very Hard) and D (Insane).

You will be told to enter the tournament and all that. You fight vs 2A, and then talk to the quest giver, who will always tell you after the combat is finished if u want to continue or quit. It's ok if you retire lol. If you don't refuse, you'll have to take down 3A, 4A, 2B, 3B, 4B, 2C, 3C, 4C and finally 2D, an almost impossible match.

So the chain is same for each class and there is 4 types of enemies that you fight different numbers of. Then each class gets a different reward. I think it should always be armor. Because it would suck if the reward were an axe and you wield sword.

That's the plan. About the reward, you get loot from every defeated opponent (as usual). Since there will be a nasty lot of them, you'll get quite a lot of items (random drops deppending on character's MF). However, when you complete all the combats and you talk to the quest giver again, he will give you another "random" big reward, with this new legendary (a gladiator's-like helmet for SW). This way non-SW players won't be that angry.

We may think of other quests with other special item rewards for the other classes in the future :)

I have an idea for a tough fight. Tree bosses all with ability to heal. And the ability to summon trees to fight with them. Or summon spiders or something nasty.

Its gotta be something insane that most builds can't even do or else it just makes the game that much easier with a new helm for tank and spanking a boss.

I don't think everyone should get a SW helmet. There should be a helmet for whoever completes like bunny ears. Just not so 'easter egg' more coolish and powerful.

All helmets? I've only found 3 designs of helmets so far, for SW, Inquisitor and HE. I was thinking of wings for seraphim and an arm for TG, but perhaps everything is more coherent if the reward is a helmet for everyone.

Since the quest is supposed to be quite hard, those items should be formidable as well. What I have in mind is a yellow modifier and a golden modifier for each one plus 3 slots so they can be a bit customizable. The special thing for the gold modifier is that it would be extremely powerful (7-10 times the normal value)

For example, Inquisitor will have "Damage of enraged players" (a lot) and chance for double hit. For SW, A nice amount of criticla hit and some direct damage, HE: +++ Combat Arts and Intelligence %... What do you think?

Don't know which stadium would be the best arena though (Thylisum, Seraphim's, Desert...).

The HE area has enogh quests, there is an arena fight in SE and CR and also a very small one in DE. So I'd prefer the arena in the desert. I only remember an arena in badawi, and there's this little quest taking place I've takled about. What we need is an empty arena like the one near ruka.

CU Marcus