Help - End of the Line?

Hello everyone, thanks again for your help in getting two players playing on one console. For some reason we can't trade but other than that, everything is working well. The sad part is, I'm now thoroughly addicted! Being the noob that I am, I jumped all over Ancaria when I was first figuring out how to read the map. I ended up completed all the quests in sections I and II then jumping all the way to section VII. I thought I could just go back and complete all the tasks I missed, silly me. I leveled up pretty quick trying to stay alive in the desert. Now, when I try to go back, my character audibly berates me for sticking around in areas that are no longer a challenge, I should go to Dyr-Lain, it's boring here, etc, etc. I thought that by completing all the class quests, the way to "move on" would be clear. Unfortunately it's not. Can anyone tell me the best way to move on to the next chapter? I haven't found anything in the Wiki just yet but I'll keep trying. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Have you checked where you are up to in your logbook? You should be able to make the main campaign quest/class quest active and provide a pointer on the minimap, also showing where you need to go to next on the main map with a circle marking the target.

PS. If thats no help, check the wiki under Main Campaign Quests for some pointers on where to go (only helpful if you are on the light campaign, which is hopefully the case, still if you are on shadow you can still read the light side to work out where to go to as they are in mostly the same places).

Edited by Dragon Brother

Hello everyone, thanks again for your help in getting two players playing on one console. For some reason we can't trade but other than that, everything is working well. The sad part is, I'm now thoroughly addicted! Being the noob that I am, I jumped all over Ancaria when I was first figuring out how to read the map. I ended up completed all the quests in sections I and II then jumping all the way to section VII. I thought I could just go back and complete all the tasks I missed, silly me. I leveled up pretty quick trying to stay alive in the desert. Now, when I try to go back, my character audibly berates me for sticking around in areas that are no longer a challenge, I should go to Dyr-Lain, it's boring here, etc, etc. I thought that by completing all the class quests, the way to "move on" would be clear. Unfortunately it's not. Can anyone tell me the best way to move on to the next chapter? I haven't found anything in the Wiki just yet but I'll keep trying. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Welcome to Darkmatters...

Hmm... That can be a bit of a problem. Two-fold problem actually. Since you've leveled up to the desert area's level, the Orc, Seraphim Island and Dragon Sea areas are going to be somewhat below your charcter's level meaning you're not likely to get much in the way of experience points - and consequently, you're going to hear an AWFUL lot of whining from your character about the baddies in the area not being challenging enough.

Now then... Moving on with the game - about the only way you can do it is to play through the main quest line - which means going back to Orcish Byway, and talking with whomever you're supposed to report to and then going through the Orc territory, followed by the Seraphim Island and the caves beneath the waves in the Dragon Sea area and of course the swamp region. From there, you'll need to go through the desert region again, this time finishing off the main campaign quests there. From there, you'll be going to the Jungle and THEN you'll be going to the Dryad island region and lastly - to the Wastelands.

As it is now, you can get as far as the jungle region - but you won't be able to get beyond it because - like the Orc region - you have to finish the boss monster baddy in the area, and then report to the docks to be shipped off to the next area. The ship captain will be there - but you can't get to your next stop until you've done the quest that unlocks it.

Edited by wolfie2kX
AFAIK, ps3 does not allow trading in local co-op, but xbox360 does.

PS3 allows local trading. I use it frequently (especially to mule stuff to another account).

I'm pretty sure I posted this somewhere, but sometimes the trading doesn't like to work, which can be solved if you follow a very specific log-in procedure.

First, make sure that you have the latest patch. (You'd be surprised how often this is the problem...)

When you want to play local co-op, follow this procedure:

- Before launching the game, log the 1st player onto their PSN account.

- Start the game and start the instance for the couch co-op game.

- Press Start on the 2nd controller and immediately log into the 2nd player's PSN account when it asks you to do so (before selecting the character).

So long as you've logged into your PSN accounts asap (don't leave it until you're ready to trade), this avoids all of the trading issues.

AFAIK, ps3 does not allow trading in local co-op, but xbox360 does.

PS3 allows local trading. I use it frequently (especially to mule stuff to another account).

I'm pretty sure I posted this somewhere, but sometimes the trading doesn't like to work, which can be solved if you follow a very specific log-in procedure.

First, make sure that you have the latest patch. (You'd be surprised how often this is the problem...)

When you want to play local co-op, follow this procedure:

- Before launching the game, log the 1st player onto their PSN account.

- Start the game and start the instance for the couch co-op game.

- Press Start on the 2nd controller and immediately log into the 2nd player's PSN account when it asks you to do so (before selecting the character).

So long as you've logged into your PSN accounts asap (don't leave it until you're ready to trade), this avoids all of the trading issues.

I never tried it, so I will take your word for it. I was going off of the manual, which is quite clear.

Trading between two user [sic] on one system is not possible.

I never tried it, so I will take your word for it. I was going off of the manual, which is quite clear.

Trading between two user [sic] on one system is not possible.

No worries. It was patched in from the version 1.02 patch (which is why I made the comment about a common issue being the latest patch not having been downloaded).

More info can be found here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:2-Player_local_co-op_%28PS3%29