A pure melee Shadow Warrior Build.

The idea behind this build is a pure melee build with shadow veil/Spectral Hand to back me up ONLY when absolutely necessary. Im not using Concentration so only one buff at a time. (Reflective Emanation or Shadow Veil.) With only a few points needed in Astral Lord Focus and Malevolent Focus to mod my skills, I should have pleanty left over to use for melee offence and defense skills.

---Skills---

Astral Lord Focus

Malevolent Champion Focus

Sword Weapons

Armor Lore

Tactics Lore

Constitution

Toughness

Shield Lore

Combat Reflexes

Speed Lore

---Combat Arts---

Spectral Hand: Clout, Chill, Destruction

Shadow Veil: Creep, Fade, Sinister pack

Reflective Emanation: Backlash, Antimagic, Riposte

Belligerent Vault: Reach

I have 2 problems though.

1. How many points should I put in each skill?

2. Should I go all str with my attribute points?

If anyone can help me with these questions that would be great. thanks in advance.

Edited by BadDayDriver

Pointswise, you will want to get everything to mastery eventually. In regards to not picking concentration, you can easily drop something liek speed lore for it to pick up grim resilience. Speed lore is a fairly large waste of skill points, the bonuses it provides are small. That way you have the extra defense provided by grim resilience. As to shadow veil, perhaps do not mod it as a buff? It will be easier to simply cast it when you want it than to deactivate a buff, replace it in the buff slot and then activate the new one. If its meant to get you out of trouble, by then it will be too late. Leave as a spell and fire away when necessary, and the alternate gold mod lowers regen, useful for if it runs out while you are escaping.

All strength works, more damage and attack is always nice ;)

Edited by Dragon Brother

Well I was thinking without Death Warrior focus that grim resilience would be low level and unmodded, so it wouldnt help me much. Theres 12 slots so having Reflective Emanation and Shadow Veil wont be a problem. Basically I would use RE when im fighting with my weapons and Spectral Hand when im hidden in the shadows killing a hard boss or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on a hafted melee SW myself. So far, level 26, no deaths, not really even coming close to dying either and fighting all mini-bosses with great success.

My current build is based on Grim Resilience for the extra health and phys defense; and Reflective Emanation with ranged and magic added. These 2 buffs seem to work well together and allow me to tank large groups without taking much damage. An occasional health pot is used. Also only using 2 handed hafted weapons for greater dam. Since the health and defense is higher with Grim, I'm not as much concerned with attack speed for now.

I use demonic blow [with the splash damage] as my main attack while using frenzied rampage as a second. For large groups or bosses I use Augmenting Guidon-Rousing Command-Killing Spree. It's hard to get hit and easy to hit them with that combo.

As for the skills, I'm not using anything from Spectral. I don't really think any of them are worth much and would rather use a skill slot for something else.

As far as your build goes, the only thing I'd re-look at would be speed lore. Not that useful. I would add in combat discipline. It adds damage and allows for a third skill to the combos.