The Ice Lord quest - nice work Lujate

I just saw this written up...finally!

The Ice Lord

Lujate, you've started the beginning of something I'd always thought readers would find interesting... a page with all the names of the quests for the mini-bosses in the game! Off hand, anyone know them all? Can this be noted down and we can find a space for them on wiki? If we made a minibosses page, we could list all the quests running down, or even call the info to it from the bosses page. I know readers in the past have asked for the list of quests that complete all the minibosses. Anyone know them?

:)

gogo

Coming from ps3, I will not be a whole lot of help listing the miniboss quests, but you come up with the list and I will be glad to whack-em and stack-em. :paladin: (Purely for the purposes of science... :smart: )

The Side Quests page has a number of quests marked as miniboss quests, but I am not sure if that is all of them. The Bestiary also lists minibosses. Do we know if that list is complete? AFAIK, every miniboss except the Forest Guardian have quests. I know nothing (yet) about the Ice and Blood and CM patch bosses.

Maybe we should have a new quest category for miniboss quests.

Thanks to lujate, the quest description for this one as well as the other Nor Plat quests are now present on the wiki. That's so cool to see them all written up!

Actually, when I listed the missing side quests on the Side Quest page, I marked the ones that are about mini bosses. I'm sure that these are all of them from the original game. I forgot to mark the White Griffin quest, because it was written before me, but lujate did it. So now all the miniboss quests are marked on the side quest page now.

The Ice and Blood boss listing in the bestiary seems to be complete either.

All the new quest bosses from CM v100 are already listed and described together with their respective quests. There is only one boss missing for CM list - a stray onix turtle called Gartor, who doesn't have any quest. The new quest from v110 and its bosses aren't written yet, but that's mostly because the Ancient Secrets quest would most likely be modified in the next version of CM patch (there are some things that aren't right with it now).

Some special category for the boss quests is a nice idea. It's not difficult to do it. Most of them are quest bosses, but their quests are not marked on the page.

But anyway, I'm surprised about how fast lujate does the quest pages. I'm definitely more slow (always spend a lot of time on writing). Now the links become blue at amazing speed and with decent quality. It's so nice to see the wiki growing. Thank you for your hard work, lujate.

P.S. If anybody is interested in documenting the missing CM boss, the big turtle can be found here:

5e0fd089e158.jpg

(Gartor is inside this cave).

Edited by Silver_fox

Thanks Silver_fox. My writing is nothing compared to yours. Once everything else is done, feel free to go back and re-write all of my quests. ;)

Since the minibosses are marked on the Side Quests page, I will do those first as I am working along.

What is the difference between a "Quest Boss" and a "Mini Boss"?

(As shown on this page: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Boss_Quest_Enemies)

A long time ago, in an Ancaria far, far away...(in our memories) :)

IIRC, the quests for the minibosses was not added until one of the last patches to the original game. So, for a long time, the minibosses on PC were like the console, no quest was required to "find" them. So the non-campaign bosses that were associated with a quest (ie Ghanka) were listed as "quest bosses".

Edited by essjayehm

The post above is only partially true. For the first PC versions these miniboss guys weren't present at all. So the ones that were present from the very beginning and had some big quests (oftenly chains) for them were the quest bosses. It was patch 2.31 that 'Added ten new bosses to reward exploration'. And this reward was called minibosses. Minibosses have only some smalle introducing quests.

Later the bosses from the Christmas Island (who appear in patch 2.34) were added to the quest section because the Christmas chain is quite long and they can't be called 'reward for the exploration'.

Edited by Silver_fox

Cool! Thank you for that clarification, Silver... I like the 'history' of Sacred 2 - there is quite a bit about this game that can be known just from knowing the changes that have come about throughout the years.

I have to remember that 2.31 is the closest version to the console... and not an earlier patch :(

I figured there was some subtle difference there.

Is there any reason not to mark the quest bosses on the Side Quests page like we do mini bosses?

• 1 month later...

I just saw the quests you did, this is great! When they're all done, we can actually make a standing list guide here for DarkMatters guides section, with a simple list of links for all the quests in the wiki that release mini-bosses.

Thanks for the writeups Lujate!

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

The Dark Prince is "6 feet under and pushing up daisies".

If my list is accurate, I am down to just the Earth & Poison Lords and the Forest Guardian.

I figured I had dawdled long enough, so I took my new LL% Dryad and steamrolled over the last mini bosses.

My plan is to create a new thread, "Minibosses A-Z:In Chronological Order". I will show their stats, their location map and a link to the quest. The big question mark, is what to do about the Forest Guardian? He does not have a quest. I have the map. Should I just attach it to the thread, or upload it to some image hosting site and link it?

I figured I had dawdled long enough, so I took my new LL% Dryad and steamrolled over the last mini bosses.

My plan is to create a new thread, "Minibosses A-Z:In Chronological Order". I will show their stats, their location map and a link to the quest. The big question mark, is what to do about the Forest Guardian? He does not have a quest. I have the map. Should I just attach it to the thread, or upload it to some image hosting site and link it?

Bravo on this work! For aeons now so many peeps have asked about a concise listing and guides/writeups for the minibosses. This will be excellent reference information. How bout you actually make a guide in our general guides section here at DarkMatters with your index, as you mentioned stats, links etc. I think attaching the pic of the map for forest guardian is great idea, and will complete this.

gogo