What is "Speed" in Sacred 2

Hey guys, I'm still doing work in Item Modifers, and had gotten to speed. So far there is in it:

Unlocks attack speed or casting speed with the appropriate skill, e.g. armor lore, sword lore.

The definition was put in a long time ago during game start, I'd like to make it more precise based on what we know about game now. Attack Speed and Casting speed are actually very different. Former being left click, latter being right click.

Anyone know for sure which one of these Speed is?

:)

gogo

Is there a speed modifier? As in "speed +x%" ? Im not sure I remember it, I thought it was +casting or +attack or + run, but then I haven't been ingame lately.

I'm with DB.. I've only seen +Attack Speed, +Casting Speed and +Run Speed... And there's Speed Lore - but that's another subject all together. Don't think I've seen plain Speed before myself. It might have been so - in an earlier version of the game.

Attack Speed - How fast you can swing a sword, axe or other weapon.

Casting Speed - How fast you can go through whatever motion you need to do before a CA gets fired off.

Run Speed - Self explanatory.

It was actually Schot who was insistent that it was an item modifier... here, it's on this unique here:

Speed

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Seyr%27s_Klinge

However... could it be that Speed is only from an early version of the game and is not available now? I'm gonna go shopping for a bit and see now

gogo

It's still there. My throwing weapon seraphim carries two handed swords as a back up, and Seyr's Klinge still has speed +X. As she doesn't have sword weapons I can't tell you any more than that though!

Edited by Steerpike1

That's because you don't have Sword Weapons (or other relevant lore). When you get Sword Weapons, it becomes Attack or Casting Speed (or Running Speed in case of Armor Lore, iirc).

You can see it in Quetzal's screenshot I posted in my Twin Boneslicers topic. There's a reason I recommended taking both lores :P

Edited by Antitrust

Hey Trust, great seeing you here!

I still don't get it though... what is speed though...whats' it's definition?

...or are you saying ..it's just the name of an item modifier that can become either one of the two depending if you choose the lore? Attack Speed or Casting speed?

:blink:

gogo

Speed, combat value, block chance, ... are red modifier names.

If you have the unlocking skill they turn into attack speed or casting speed / attack value or defense value or both / blockchance melee or block chance ranged, ....

Thanks Antitrust and Chattius - even after two and a half years I hadn't picked up on that :blink:

heh, me too!

I'll make the changes to the wiki so that this is better understood.

gogo