After few days of howling winds some semi-heavy snowfall. While it's okay to have some snow, I do hate snowworks to heart...
Plus if forecasts hit true, there'll be around -18C tops on the coming week. Me no likey at all... *brrr*

Whow, was very cold, outside on ladder at wind, attaching electric candles to a big tree.

Drunk a gluehwein when done - spiced hot red wine

Cup in my cold dead hands...

Apropos

The quest with same name, does it refer to Charles Heston? Columbine was actual at start of coding sacred2 I think

http://www.sacredwik...Cold_Dead_Hands

OOooohhhh. me likey gluehwein, my mom makes one(not sure how it will stand up to the actual German one) everyone always love it on those cold winter nights here in South Africa(cold winter night being 4 C...).

Temperature here has been mildly warm, but extremely windy, and overcast, trees have been blown over and damaged, and we only served inside at the restaurant(less guests=grumpy managers but happy chefs) last year this time it was warm pleasant weather with 130guests+- sitting outside/ now we can't do more than 100 guests inside only.

Good luck for all of you and the cold-northern-Hemisphere-winters. I'll send some of the heat that way.

Delta!

Download Statistics

Total Files 222

Total Categories 77

Total Authors 18

Total Downloads 5,426

Latest FileThe latest file submitted was Sacred 2 Spells.txt by Llama8 user_popup.png (submitted Yesterday, 01:27 PM)

Here are the stats guys, the downloads section is looking to be a good success and has gotten interest going in the game again. We were a bit late to get to this part of the game, but are hoping to add even more to this. I know that Schot has and idea for a leech items set in place, and if he's ever able to bring some time into play, we'll have a nice set to play with.

In fact... shopping offers us a lot of opportunties to create for others sets or collections of equipment that can perhaps showcase a particular Item Modifier or gaming strategy ^^

Big thanks to Wolfie for his grim determination in getting so much of the game's equipment into these files, hoping your comp is healthy soon for any goodies left.

:)

gogo

Yeh.. It may take a while to get everything smoothed out... The RAM got here Saturday... Kinda useless without the mobo/CPU though. The rest of the parts I need are due here tomorrow. It may take a day or two to get it all sorted out. At least, my Windows licenses are retail - which should ease the migration reactivation woes. I'm thinking Sacred 2 will likely need to be reactivated. It didn't mind the RAM upgrade I gave it last time, but it didn't care much for the CPU upgrade. Had to reenter my serial #. WHEE... Fun.. NOT!

I only have 4 more classes worth of set armor to go. The Inquisitor, Shadow Warrior, Seraphim and the Temple Guardian.

Then as a grand finale - I'll have one final thing to upload... Eh.. I'll keep that as a surprise for the moment. :D

Then as a grand finale - I'll have one final thing to upload... Eh.. I'll keep that as a surprise for the moment. :D

Ho Ho HO... Early Christmas prezzie!

:bounce:

gogo

And here are the newest stats!

Download Statistics

Total Files 226

Total Categories 77

Total Authors 19

Total Downloads 6,054!

:bounce:

gogo

Download Statistics

Total Files227

Total Categories77

Total Authors19

Total Downloads 6,628

heh, look what you got going Wolfie ^^

gogo

Download Statistics

Total Files227

Total Categories77

Total Authors19

Total Downloads 6,628

heh, look what you got going Wolfie ^^

gogo

Eh... I dunno... It seems other people's contributions are just as, if not more important... While it is true that I've put 186 out of those 227 files up (~82% of the files), I'm only responsible for roughly 58.4% of the downloads.

Btw... The latest file blurb at the bottom of the downloads main page still shows Schot's map for printing as being the last file uploaded... And that was uploaded on April 15th - roughly 3 weeks ago... For some reason, it shows as being last updated "Yesterday at 1:26pm". It's been stuck on this file for quite some time.

At any rate, the real credit goes to Dragon Brother and his Unskilled Level 200 characters... That one file has roughly 4 times more downloads than my best - Kaldur's Legacy... He's also got 2nd place with the first Ice and Blood patch (2.64 to 2.65.1) with almost 400 downloads as well. That's almost 870 downloads with just those two files alone.

Edited by wolfie2kX

The reason schot's map shows up as most recently uploaded is because he uploaded a new version yesterday, as shown by the yesterday at 1:26pm. It will swap out if you upload something new.

And I can hardly take any credit for anything, all I did was upload a few files I had floating around, youve put in effort to organise everything neatly.

The reason schot's map shows up as most recently uploaded is because he uploaded a new version yesterday, as shown by the yesterday at 1:26pm. It will swap out if you upload something new.

And I can hardly take any credit for anything, all I did was upload a few files I had floating around, youve put in effort to organise everything neatly.

And you think I did anything different? ALL of the files I've uploaded - with I think one exception - were files I had installed from the Megadev Save Game Manager. I recall combining two chests from the MSGM into one - where it made more sense. Beyond that, all I've done is copy the files and added a cut and paste quality text file with the briefest rundown possible for that particular item and included a link to the wiki page for that item.

And besides... Your first upload was well ahead of mine. I didn't start anything really. Your Level 200 files collection is file #3... My first file is #24.

So I'm not taking credit where it's not really due. So be a man and take your compliment! Sheesh. :tongue:

There doesn't seem to be any reference to any updates to Schot's file...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Big credit to DB for getting the ball going with the amazing level 200 character downloads. But Wolfie, you've kept up with grim determination the job to get all the equipment in Sacred 2 into the files. Not only that, but you've provided us with a beautiful template that came about because of some thinking and caring. When I first asked to see if you had any time to help us out with this project, I would never thought that it would have come so quickly to realization with this quality of organizing. Because of you, the Download button has become ubiquitous all over the Wiki.

Game Changer

This new way of perceiving Sacred 2 is now impacting us on even more levels.

Yesterday 21 people joined DarkMatters just to download their favorite equipment

So yeah Wolfie... good job

:resp:

gogo

Well, thanks then, but you definitely deserve credit for all of uploading you've been doing.

Also, schot's uploading new versions has been done silently using his admin side of things meaning that there are no displayed updates via being able to download old versions of the file, theres just the new upload time.

Also, schot's uploading new versions has been done silently using his admin side of things meaning that there are no displayed updates via being able to download old versions of the file, theres just the new upload time.

Exactly!

He likes to use his super powers to get things done differently

show off

:superman:

gogo

Exactly!

He likes to use his super powers to get things done differently

show off

:superman:

gogo

Well...it seems kinda not showing off, he's doing it all behind the scenes.

Big credit to DB for getting the ball going with the amazing level 200 character downloads. But Wolfie, you've kept up with grim determination the job to get all the equipment in Sacred 2 into the files. Not only that, but you've provided us with a beautiful template that came about because of some thinking and caring. When I first asked to see if you had any time to help us out with this project, I would never thought that it would have come so quickly to realization with this quality of organizing. Because of you, the Download button has become ubiquitous all over the Wiki.

Game Changer

This new way of perceiving Sacred 2 is now impacting us on even more levels.

Yesterday 21 people joined DarkMatters just to download their favorite equipment

So yeah Wolfie... good job

:resp:

gogo

Er... "Grim" Determination? Nothing "grim" about it - except for the fact that my PC is now dead for at least another week given the motherboard I got arrived DOA.

I will admit to doing some thinking - I did think about what information I would need/want about an item when I put the text file together. Most of which is quite obvious. What's the item called? What kind of item is it? Sockets? Class restrictions? Mods on the item? Where can I read more about it. And most importantly - what the heck do I do with the file I downloaded? Nothing really complicated with that.

Organizing - The Megadev people already did all of that. All I did was go down the list of chests they had and copied them out. It's not like I tweaked the game in any way to make it drop these items en masse. That would have taken some serious tweaking and far more time and energy than I would have put into this project.

Either way - their collection is far from complete. There are a lot of goodies out there that are not in the collection - stuff I would have liked to have seen - like the Officer's Saber as an obvious for instance...

The bottom line - anyone could have done it.

my PC is now dead for at least another week given the motherboard I got arrived DOA.

The one you ordered was no good? Who did you order from?

:o

Either way - their collection is far from complete. There are a lot of goodies out there that are not in the collection - stuff I would have liked to have seen - like the Officer's Saber as an obvious for instance...

Maybe when your comp gets back and the uploads are finished, we can have a look at what's needed. We won't be able to offer the range of what you were doing before, but, we can still get at a single piece of every equipment in the game up for the fans right?

Provided one of us has it ^^

gogo

my PC is now dead for at least another week given the motherboard I got arrived DOA.

The one you ordered was no good? Who did you order from?

:o

Yeah.. It came up with 1 beep followed by what sounds like 3 compressed into one and hangs. No video. To quote Dr. McCoy - "It's dead, Jim."

I got it from Tigerdirect.com. I finally got the RMA - and it's due here on Tuesday - provided it's actually shipped today.

Maybe when your comp gets back and the uploads are finished, we can have a look at what's needed. We won't be able to offer the range of what you were doing before, but, we can still get at a single piece of every equipment in the game up for the fans right?

Provided one of us has it ^^

gogo

Yeah.. Provided it's at a level where it can be useful. A level 10 item isn't going to be all that useful for someone say, at level 140. Certainly not as armor or a weapon you'd want to take into combat.

Im sure with the contributions of enough people we will manage to get a few different levels of the missing items going. I've got a few officers sabers stashed away that I know of for example.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And its great to see the cm-patch as the most downloaded file :)

Ah, I just saw that now when you mentioned that. You're right, that is the most important download, it's it's tearing away from the rest at a multiple!

10,000 downloads in the short time we've had it available is most impressive. So glad we finally got around to adding that section :D

It has worked out well, if we can get some of the many modders' work up as downloads as well (shame on us for not having this sooner :whip:) maybe this little game will finally come into it's own as a modder's game.

gogo