Does the CM Patch work with US Vanilla/EU Ice & Blood?

Hey guys,

Thinking that MP is essentially dead (to my great sadness, I have so much time invested in those characters), I was looking at this CM-patch.

Does it work over an install that is;

US vanilla sacred 2 modified to install the UK expansion of Ice and Blood?

I can get on closed net etc with this install just fine, hopefully it works with this patch.

That aside, two points on this patch;

1. Temple Guardian - seems odd a technological character has been given 'ancient magic'. Doesn't fit his concept. Minor Grievance.

2. There seems a lot of SW love. He has about 3-4 more sets than all others? Or are the others' sets just not on the wiki?

Thanks,

It should work I would think, but maybe you are either better off waiting for confirmation from czevak or marcus or just trying it, if there are any errors the cm-uninstall file should remove it from your install.

Yeah, ancient magic on the TG, perhaps pretend its called ancient technology and that he was just given access to a skill that all other classes have.

And SW love aplenty :) But since alot of what they have added has been stuff that was in the game files but not implemented properly I guess you could say the ascaron devs loved SW's, of course stuff like Scourge of Lordaeron is all the cm team. There are plenty of new uniques and legendaries for all classes though.

Hey guys,

Thinking that MP is essentially dead (to my great sadness, I have so much time invested in those characters), I was looking at this CM-patch.

Does it work over an install that is;

US vanilla sacred 2 modified to install the UK expansion of Ice and Blood?

I can get on closed net etc with this install just fine, hopefully it works with this patch.

That aside, two points on this patch;

1. Temple Guardian - seems odd a technological character has been given 'ancient magic'. Doesn't fit his concept. Minor Grievance.

2. There seems a lot of SW love. He has about 3-4 more sets than all others? Or are the others' sets just not on the wiki?

Thanks,

In theory - it should work. The CM patch looks for Ice and Blood 2.65.1 minimum before it installs.

As to your points...

1.) Yah... Kinda makes no sense there. Not quite sure what the point of that is.

2.) Yes again - the SW has been getting lots of love. But it's not like other characters haven't gotten any - the High Elf got a rather sexy black cat suit called Armaments of 9 Hells... The Seraphim got two sets thus far. Even the Temple Guardian got one. And pretty much everyone now has access to the Mutation sets (except for the Dragon Mage - Ascaron never created one for him - BUT... I think the CM Patch crew are working on creating one for him as well). The Inquisitor got himself a Darth Vader helmet clone.

I think the lack of love other characters have is dependent on the ideas that have been popping up. The Scourge of Lorderon set - as a theme - wouldn't quite work for any other character than the SW. Having a set like that for say, the Seraphim, would be just so wrong on so many levels...

That's not to say ideas haven't been popped out for new sets - but designing a set from scratch and then getting the set to work properly is quite time and labor intensive. Give it some time and there will likely be more goodies coming forth.

1.) Yah... Kinda makes no sense there. Not quite sure what the point of that is.

Well for the reason why we did it, let me quote from the request we recieved:

During the last days, several players asked me about the possibility

of adding the 'Ancient magic' to Temple Guardian's skill list, since

11 of his CAs are considered magical by the game mechanics.

All the other characters have an opportunity to take this skill - even the Shadow Warrior, who has only one magical aspect. And TG's skill list is shorter than the ones of the other characters, so maybe it'd be fair to add one more skill for him.

As for the "sense" it makes: I think that the often postulated theory is true, that sufficiently complex and highly evolved technology is not distiguishable from magic. The difference between technology and magic is only the knowledge of how it works. Go back 50 years in time and show someone a current iPad and see what he/she will say to that...

Edited by czevak

As for the "sense" it makes: I think that the often postulated theory is true, that sufficiently complex and highly evolved technology is not distiguishable from magic. The difference between technology and magic is only the knowledge of how it works. Go back 50 years in time and show someone a current iPad and see what he/she will say to that...

Precisely the argument I used on the Devs back in the beta, they didn't take it though. :(