Firefox taking too long?

Schot

So I've been on the pc/net a wee bit as of late... /rolleyes

*Looks out the window and wonders what it's like to be in the outside...*

So seeing as I've been on the net a "bit", I've been on firefox a "bit" as well and occasionally thought: It'd be nice if Firefox started up faster. Granted, on a normal day, I only startup firefox once in a day and leave it run throughout.

So heres the thing. I was cleaning out my startup folder one sunny day... *God I need to get a life, lol* And it occured to me that; "Hmmmm... Firefox is kinda important to me." So I threw that firefox straight into my startup folder and what do you know. A faster firefox startup! This, for any who aren't so xp savvy, is a folder that will tell xp to start whatever shortcuts that are in the starup folder thus starting the associated program.

So as it is I have the shortcut of firefox sitting in my startup folder and it's also the only thing in my startup folder for that matter. I prefer a clean startup. Only starting programs that I know I will use right away.

In affect this may not necessarily speed up the amount of time it takes for firefox to startup BUT what it does do is allow you to wonder off and get your coffee, or whatever, and when you return firefox will be active and awaiting you orders. :P

Here's a concise walkthrough on doing it:

1. Start---->Programs---->Startup(right click--->Open)

2. You should have the Startup folder open.

3. Right click on your firefox shortcut.

4. Choose "Create Shortcut" near bottom of list.

5. Drag extra shortcut you created of firefox into the Startup window.

That's it!

Next time you start your pc firefox will start right away. I've had this going now for 2 or 3 weeks and find it very nice. Have a try! /yay

Feel free to ask for help on it here. ^_^

I like the idea but on the other side I had start-up runners. My comp is opens as clean as it can. I run very little tasks on the background. If I know it is not really necessary I always remove it.

I really hate firefox opening speed (I guess because of all the extensions loaded on it) but I still prefer to wait than adding the exe in start-up.

If it is really the first thing you are using after you open the pc, it is definitely great idea

how on earth can you reject firefox.... :D

I mean I know Exploder 7 will be tabbed browsing as well.. and Vista makes good use of it .. ( vista looks good Period ) but right now I prefer firefox above anything else