Esp Probes Changes

This is very interesting...

Apparently, some users have figured out how to script esp probe attacks. So, in their infinite wisdom, GF has labeled the ability of esp probes to capture and transport resources a bug. And to fix the bug, they will remove that ability.

I think the real issue is the script users - clearly a violation of game rules - but no doubt difficult to detect, but a violation nevertheless.

The strategy to render the probes incapable of carrying rez removes a viable strategy from the game-play. I've never had a probe army and never probe raided. It always seemed that I needed the crystal for other purposes and it's that way even now for me.

I don't believe it's a bug (seems to work just fine) and I disagree with the strategy that GF is putting on the table. I am glad that there's been a lot of good discussion about the issue and that GF has delayed (only slightly) this change.

I'm hoping that continued constructive dialog on the OOF will make GF reconsider their "fix". But, I'm not holding out a lot of hope on this one...

Maybe they should fix the "No-Fire Bug" first, whadda ya think?

I did have a probe army that I used to ferry small amts of res about when needed a few Gals away, will there still be this ability or is that being removed as well. It seems unclear on that point.

I think that's an awful idea. Probe attacks are fun. If you're dumb enough to leave res totally unprotected, you deserve it. I also rely on probes to transport res fast when I miscalculate transports to colonies (which I do quite often, I'll admit.) I doubt any scripting with probes could be doing that great a deal of damage to justify removing the possibilty for all ogame players.

I also agree that this is a case of treating the symptom rather than the cause. Probe attacking is a viable tactic for the game...

With that said, I've never tried to use this. I've only ever had 5x more esp. probes than fleetslots for espionage missions and creating DFs to send my recs to... I've always had better ways to use my crystal and always seem to need more of it, so it won't affect me very much.

From a really selfish point of view I don't really care what happens as I only use them for probing and creating debris fields. What I do find strange is that they suddenly label it as a bug, when it has never been listed as such and there never have been any complaints about it. They should have not put the ability in to carry resources to start with then. Personally I do find it a bit strange that probes can steal res so I can see GFs point a little.

I would be really surprised however if there will happen anything other than what GF have planned. They haven't really shown a tendency to listen to what the ogame community has to say. But what can one do about it?

*shrugs*

I would be really surprised however if there will happen anything other than what GF have planned. They haven't really shown a tendency to listen to what the ogame community has to say. But what can one do about it?

I suppose we could all stop using commander, but then at the same time we restrict the ability to play the game with ease! A double edged sword.

Guest gogoblender

well...

at this stage in the game it feels weird having something come along that so fundamentally can change some players entire gaming styles

I mean....

If there was a person who had ONLY build a probe armada it would kinda be a drag

/unsure

gogo

Guest gogoblender

Woot!...

Bless you ogame.org

if yer gonna change somehting so late into the game, this is the way to do it...

100 percent remuneration is boss

Thank you!

:)

gogo