Anyone made Sophia's armor set player-usable?

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making the armor set that sophia wears in the game player useable? It kind of reminds me of the netting set from s1 and looks pretty neat. I found the folder that contains her files but it looks like she is one standalone model it looks like.

I myself use blender for my modeling but after doing some searching I haven`t found any plugins for it that support the gr2 format. If someone would like to get together with me that has the software to import and export the gr2 files, I could break her body down into the parts of an armor set and they could try importing the models back in. I know it isn`t impossible since the armor from the lich king mod from oblivion made its way into a shadow warrior set. But I don`t have access to the kind of tools those people used. Any takers?

Actually, there is a mod that changes all Seraphim's armour to various versions of Sophia's armour. This mod can be found on cisacred.de and isn't compatible with the CM patch. If you're interested, you can download it here: http://www.cisacred.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=2359&d=1269297360

Personally, I'd like to see Sophia's armour as a separate set in the CM patch. Probably other players would like to have it too (as I remember, there was a similar request in the CM thread).

Actually, there is a mod that changes all Seraphim's armour to various versions of Sophia's armour. This mod can be found on cisacred.de and isn't compatible with the CM patch. If you're interested, you can download it here: http://www.cisacred.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=2359&d=1269297360

Personally, I'd like to see Sophia's armour as a separate set in the CM patch. Probably other players would like to have it too (as I remember, there was a similar request in the CM thread).

Thats cool. I would however help with setting up the models into seperate parts so someone else could put them to a skeleton and import them in. I did alot of the stuff for oblivion and fallout3 and if I can get it into blender I can modify the parts. Thats about it though. Blender has most support by game type, so I could just click on the game and make a few setting adjustments and then export it. Since S1 and Sacred 2 are pretty much just cult games there is pretty much no support for it. Beleive me I looked the other night for about 4 hours trying to find as much info as I could. I did find an smd importer and exporter but that was about the closest I got to finding anything related to the gr2 files and smd format isn`t even gr2. It`s like exporting as an obj because you model set cant read wav or cfg.

So I could cut the body down into usable parts. The export would probably lose all bones, but whoever has that software could probably rebone the parts using an existing set.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, this is harder than I thought to combine the 2 itemtype.txt.

I thought it just a matter of reference to location of models, so I just replace .SR2, but the wings stay on sideway.

There are around 50 of instance where it refers to sophia related with seraph equip, I can copy it, but to have rewrite all the numbers upto 1000 starting from line reference to 12225.

Anyone experience with combine the 2 itemtypes.txt? One from offline version for Sophia, another one is from community patch.

I didn`t use the entire mod, but only replaced 1 set. It was very easy to do also. In the itemtype file find whatever armor you are going to want to change. Make sure you have the meshes installed for the sets you will be using too.

Find each body part in itemtype and make the parts all into torsos. Not make them into actual torsos but have the itemtype point to the torso model for each set item part. For some reason the author of the mod only changed the breastplates of the sets but left all the rest normal. Just make each part point to the torso model and every part you pick up will have the appearance of the full armor that sophia wears. Other armor clips badly though so setting every set item part to torso in itemtype makes it look like 1 armor with no clipping.

Also too youll need to take the default seraphim skin texture and make a copy of it and rename that to the sophia skin because sophia was very tan while the stock seraphim looks pale. Doing this will make it look right and not blotchy. Hope this helps, I only used the ancient set from the mod but got it working perfect. If you still have problems just ask.

Edited by Hammerhorde

So, first I need to replace whatever reference there with sophia, like this?

"models/heroes/seraphim/sets/angeldust/c_sera-angeldust-wings.GR2" ----> "models/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia-wings.GR2"

I mean just replace:

models/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia in front for all parts?

As for making them all torso, are you refering to change "subfamily" or "classification"?

As for default skin texture? Where to find it?

I am still trying to find Holy Wrath through drop and it is driving me crazy, lol.

So, first I need to replace whatever reference there with sophia, like this?

"models/heroes/seraphim/sets/angeldust/c_sera-angeldust-wings.GR2" ----> "models/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia-wings.GR2"

I mean just replace:

models/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia in front for all parts?

As for making them all torso, are you refering to change "subfamily" or "classification"?

As for default skin texture? Where to find it?

I am still trying to find Holy Wrath through drop and it is driving me crazy, lol.

No do it like this for your set in the itemtype file

newItemType = {

-- standard info

renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_ARMOR",

family = "FAMILY_ARMOR",

subfamily = "SUBFAM_ARMOR_CHEST",

classification = "CLF_RINGMAIL",

flags = "FLAG_EQUIPCUT + FLAG_BLACKBACK + FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",

weargroup = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",

-- 3d model + animation info

model0Data = {

name = "models/heroes/seraphim/sets/ancient/c_sera-ancient-torso.GR2",

user = "WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM",

},

-- logic bounding box

logicBox = {

minx=-13.535, miny=-9.085, minz=45.497,

maxx=13.631, maxy=7.4, maxz=69.479,

},

dangerclass = 0,

}

mgr.typeCreate(1776, newItemType);

newItemType = {

-- standard info

renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_ARMOR",

family = "FAMILY_ARMOR",

subfamily = "SUBFAM_ARMOR_LEG",

classification = "CLF_LEG_FULL",

flags = "FLAG_BLACKBACK + FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",

weargroup = "WEARGROUP_INVALID",

-- 3d model + animation info

model0Data = {

name = "models/heroes/seraphim/sets/ancient/c_sera-ancient-torso.GR2",

user = "WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM",

},

-- logic bounding box

logicBox = {

minx=-7.122, miny=-6.286, minz=25.954,

maxx=7.401, maxy=2.2, maxz=39.894,

},

dangerclass = 0,

}

mgr.typeCreate(1777, newItemType);

See how these are the parts for revered tech set but all I did was make the model it chooses point to the torso file in the folder of the set. Do this for all the parts of the set except the pelvis, youll use the pelvis file supplied with the mod and shouldnt have to worry about renaming that one.

Now you aren`t finished yet. Open up your surface text file and look at this

name = "seraphim-ancient-helmet_c",

texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/ancient/c_sera-ancient-helmet_d.tga",

texture1Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/ancient/c_sera-ancient-helmet_sg.tga",

texture2Name = "maps/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia-id2_n.tga",

flags = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE,

shader = obj_d_s_b,

See how he adds a texture2name? Normally that isn`t there but for this set to work properly youll need to add that texture line to each part of your set. I tried using a set without these added texture lines but had a screwy texture effect on the wings. The wings looked like the original set wings but glowed orange. So I just added the texture lines back in. If I actually take the time to add and remove each texture line one by one I could rack down the source of the problem. I will eventually get to doing that but it isn`t a priority for me atm.

Now since all the set item models are using the torso mesh, in certain lighting you will see slight texture clipping. I noticed it the most holding duel swords that had lava stones in them. Small patches of glowing skin. But mostly you wont see it unless you are stading next to a flame light source of holding the particle type weapons. Also to note Whenever an item from your set drops, it will look like the sophia armor less a body in it. So it will stand out among dropped loot. Inventory icons will remain the same just the world model will look like a full suit of empty armor. Another thing to point out, Is while wearing this armor set your char at the toon select screen will appear to be invisible. This is normal and your toon is still there. So don`t have a heart attack. Just something with that armor model doesnt show up on the toon select screen. So pay no heed to it.

So you don`t have to change any referances for sophia or anything because you aren`t changing her. You are just using her body to replace the armor set of your choosing. If you downloaded the mod the author allready has all the set items renamed for you. Take heed to the way the mod is packed and the directories of the folders. You`ll want to install it just like that. All he supplied was a surface document when he should have supplied an itemtype also but no matter, I just showed you what to do.

Lastly, the default seraskin is in the graphics02 pak mq/maps/heroes/seraphim copy that seraskin and rename it to the serasophia texture in mq/maps/npc/seraphim/sophia Thats in the same graphics pak. That will give your seraphim the default skin tone and not be all tan looking like sophia is. Using the sophia texture also makes you look like crap since youll get tan splotches all over and more clip.

That should do it for you. Since the author of the mod only supplied the surface document, take a look at it and find your set to see what changes he added or made compared to your stock surface doc.

I have only found 1 holy wrath and one set sword. Both dropped off the big boss that looks like a giant diamond in the main quest. Of all the bosses ive killed he was the only one who has dropped the weapons for sets.

Edited by Hammerhorde

LOL, I used an offline version, so there is only 2 files.

Anyway, I see what you mean about the torso file. It just add a whole body and it seems doesn't work well with beautiful face mods. I just replace it with the wings and saw a humanoid figure appear side-way from my body.

Thanks for the help so far, I just want the wings, but I'll place with it more later. Time to get back to create a companion besides my dragon.

Any chance you could give us a picture of what the set looks like hammerhorde?

Here is the end result. It`s not the right way to do it but rather forcing something to work with whats available. If I had blender support I could cut down the armor into set parts. I tried downloading 3dsmax since we can use that for importing/exporting but while trying to register it keeps throwing an error and the max forums have no clue how to fix the problem. I even emailed the granny site asking if they offered any kind of small mod support for their format just so we could edit meshes but haven`t heard from them either.

big0000.th.jpg

Edited by Hammerhorde

Forget the armor, where can I get one of those axes? :viking:

That would not be an axe.. Remember... The Shadow Warrior is the ONLY one who can do 2 handed hafted weapons. And that does NOT look like a zombie transvestite...

That would be a pole arm of some sort - a gisarme or some such. I have one such critter, I think, with that same skin, in the possession of my Dragon Mage... Not a bad one either - it's about level 59, but it's got %LL and it's got 0.8 RpH as well. :D

I can likely get you a copy of it, if you want.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Forget the armor, where can I get one of those axes? :viking:

That would not be an axe.. Remember... The Shadow Warrior is the ONLY one who can do 2 handed hafted weapons. And that does NOT look like a zombie transvestite...

That would be a pole arm of some sort - a gisarme or some such. I have one such critter, I think, with that same skin, in the possession of my Dragon Mage... Not a bad one either - it's about level 59, but it's got %LL and it's got 0.8 RpH as well. :D

I can likely get you a copy of it, if you want.

A polearm, of course! I am seeing a polearm build in my future. Thanks for the offer, but the hunt is half the fun.

Speaking of polearms, is there anyway to switch to beeEffGee, then use Temple Guardian beam and switch back after you done? The beam attack seems to go pretty well with that weapon.

Also, anyone know about this shield? Before even the game comes out, I have my eye on it and spent like 4 months after I got the game. I guess that is for trailer purpose or something T_T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i8k_IyH-F8

And anyone know where this wings from? It starts at 0:56 and I thought it was supposed to be Mytique, but I have no information on how to get it.

Edit: Scratch the spear-beam idea, it shoots in the middle of the spear. I really wish there is a way to control the origin point of the beam. That would make lots of cool skill with it, like Dragon's Beam, shield's beam, sword's beam, spear's beam, bow's beam and so on, LOL.

Edited by Destructer

The wings and shield are old set items from sacred 1 . The wings were pretty common since there was only like 2 or 3 different wing models. The shield was part or was meant for the dream netting of the gods set. The shield was very rare but usually had FECAL MATTERY! stats. Was mostly for looks.

I used to play demoness in Sacred 1, so I am not familiar with seraphim set in S1. I remember the shield, but since it shows on trailer for Sacred 2, so I kind of hope it will be in this game also. As for the wings model, that is not what I am after, what I am after is the glow effect, Sopor's wing has white pattern, but that wing's effect look much better.

I wish we can somehow use rocket booster from TW, put it on Seraphim's back and use charge attack, that would be so good. I sometimes wish this game more moddable, so many idea, lol.

I like game with lots of mods like Oblivion, I have 30 GB worth of files, and the game barely run now since I have so many mods. I tried to play online when this game first comes out and got a High Elf to lv 200, but it is not as enjoyable as play offline with mods.

I tried again on the Sophia's set, just can't stand the mask, lol.

I tried to change the color of the effect on Sopor's wing with GIMP for DDS files, but I am clueless as usual when it comes textures. Anyway, while playing around, I mix the surface files between Virtues and Sopor set, the results are these:

T-Energy go along to the outer wing.

big0007.jpg

Transparent wing.

big0008.jpg

This one is the best I got so far:

big0009.jpg

Wish I can have Sophia's Wing to play around with :4rofl:

Edited by Destructer

I like that. :thumbsup:

The eyes look a little funky though.

That is a beautiful face mods, there are several eyes for it.

Anyway, back to Sophia's wings.

This one from within itemtypes.txt:

odels/npc/seraphim/sophia/v_serasophia-wings.GR2

It is actually a chest piece, so it always look sideway when I replace another wing. However, if I set it as a chest piece, then it looks like a wing, but then I lose the armor.

I tried to trace it through several files and tried to switch armor and wings for the last 5 hours, but no success. The number from weaponpool trace back to itemtypes.txt with number 8737, but when I used it, it turns out to be a energy gun.

Anyway know how to switch an item from one part to another and it still look right?

Edited by Destructer

I finally manage to make the wings appear correctly by using a helm slot since I don't like helm at all. However, the problem is how to get rid of the default wing?

I remember that I once able to remove wings completely, but somehow I forgot about it. Now I tried various things like using dummy file and such, but the default wings still appear and ruin my new wings look T_T

Edit: Got it, just delete the whole section for model reference, now I got the wing I always want. Just need to make it glow somewhat, no such luck, LOL.

Edited by Destructer

The sophia wings seem to work when you have them set as the belt. So using the sophia wings and using that model for the belt of your set should work. Thats what I have it set too and it works. But thats only when using the entire set. Mixing and matching parts can make the default wings pop out or look like you have 2 sets of wings eqiupped.

Actually try copying the logicbox info from sophia to the wings you want to replace. I`m pretty sure those settings relate to the rotation and position of the model. If thats true then use the torso mesh as the belt and the pelvis as the wings and see if that works.

Nope, the logic box doesn't work. That is the first thing I tried 2 days ago.

If you think about it, the logic box doesn't do anything since if you use helm or belt, the wings still fit, so there must be a preset coordination stored somewhere, like parentheses style in coding where it connect to certain joint on the model.

I didn't notice the belt since I don't want to affect how my char look, but I didn't realize how little the belt actually do. Helm and belt are the least affect for the look and I hate helm for passion, lol.

Now if I can just somehow add the wing's effect just like the wing on Sopor set, I tried to edit the files, but I am clueless as usual. I want to try to micmic the wings from Legend of Dragoon somehow, but none of the games have ever done that right.

Nope, the logic box doesn't work. That is the first thing I tried 2 days ago.

If you think about it, the logic box doesn't do anything since if you use helm or belt, the wings still fit, so there must be a preset coordination stored somewhere, like parentheses style in coding where it connect to certain joint on the model.

I didn't notice the belt since I don't want to affect how my char look, but I didn't realize how little the belt actually do. Helm and belt are the least affect for the look and I hate helm for passion, lol.

Now if I can just somehow add the wing's effect just like the wing on Sopor set, I tried to edit the files, but I am clueless as usual. I want to try to micmic the wings from Legend of Dragoon somehow, but none of the games have ever done that right.

Working with this model is a little tricky since it really wasn`t supposed to be a playable set. But I tried doing what you were trying to do and saw the same thing. Using the wings with the sophia npc armor seems to be the only way to use it without any bugs.