New Player Advice and Idea

So I'm coming back to Sacred 2 and loving my loot-madness-addiction again.

I've read this and the wiki a bit and the info for new players is mind boggling. My question and maybe advice from what I've learned so far.

Best to just go at it and not worry about stuff for a while - then start up fresh with some of the advice given?

Seems to work better for me - but I don't want to build a character that can't get past level 75 because I broke him too early.

Also - any interest in a ground floor - no twink/bargaining - straight up hardcore game?

Starting at level 1 together and only playing at times we are able to be on together - no other characters to back us up - just the dirt in our teeth and blood on... or in our pants as it were?

We could do this PC or PS3... happy to try it on either.

Edited by Ostgar

I would like to answer your post with one word -

Yes

:)

I would definitly run a toon - or a few different ones - up to level 10 or 15 without looking at anything here, just trying to get your head wrapped around some of the terms, mechanics, etc... and then making a decision on what you want to play and reading up on builds, tips/tricks, yada yada.

I found that even after being very knowledgeable about Sacred 2 - playing on console - and then buying a PC and now playing Sacred 1 that I was somewhat confused when I read up on builds before I played any toons... and it took some time actually playing before I really understood what posters were saying/meaning.

So, yeah.. best not to overthink anything too much for now... maybe get your playstyle defined (melee/ranged, spellcaster, hybrid) and familiarize yourself with the controls, etc before diving into the poutine-filled pool.

PS :chef: don't forget your fork (of doom!)

In my opinion, the 'sweet spot' for toons is level 12-18 to get a feel for them. If you have just Fallen Angel, bear in mind that builds for Ice and Blood can work for Fallen Angel. Builds for Fallen Angel tend to have some struggles in Ice and Blood due to gameplay changes.

Also - any interest in a ground floor - no twink/bargaining - straight up hardcore game?

Starting at level 1 together and only playing at times we are able to be on together - no other characters to back us up - just the dirt in our teeth and blood on... or in our pants as it were?

We could do this PC or PS3... happy to try it on either.

Are you running base S2FA or Ice and Blood?

What is your schedule like?

I'm on Ice and Blood - my schedule is... well... I'm a stay at home dad and student (no school for the next few weeks). So besides my writing and family time here and there - I can be on whenever.

I'm on Ice and Blood - my schedule is... well... I'm a stay at home dad and student (no school for the next few weeks). So besides my writing and family time here and there - I can be on whenever.

I am on US central time, and during the week, I can normally manage a couple of hours in the evening. I am up for giving it a go. Let me know if that works for you.

I am on US central time, and during the week, I can normally manage a couple of hours in the evening. I am up for giving it a go. Let me know if that works for you.

Perfect... I'm central also. Just let me know what time you want to start and I'll be on for it tonight.

I'd a joined in a wee bit back, but my latest toon is already about level 40 something :( You guys hurry and catch up! And if I see yer server open I'll come in and hang, tell stories, crack jokes.

Be afraid

:P

gogo

Had some gooood times with lujate - killed the Kobold Chief at level 6 or so - we are gonna start doing games around 7 pm CST(us) so if anyone wants to catch us we will be leveling together... apparently we need a HE since that's all that drops.

Gonna start a Dragon Mage HC to catch up with Gogo and whoever to try that out.

Love the game but Hardcore makes it SOO much more rewarding.

P.S. I should mention we are going it by grit alone - no higher level help at all.

Sooooo.... my Dragon Mage died at level 2... off to PS3 safe land for a bit - gonna try it again tomorrow.

Edited by Ostgar

We were level 5 on Silver, my TG and Ostgar's SW, when we approached the kobold camp. I was certain this was suicide mission, and we would be feasting in Valhalla before moonrise.

When we had eyes-on the chieftan we made a mad rush and started wailing on him. In the ensuing grand melee, we made level 6 off all his minions that swarmed us. When the smoke cleared, our two heroes were the only ones left standing.

I guess it really is true, fortune favors the bold.

Edited by lujate