HTC's 10-inch 'Puccini' Honeycomb tablet still rumored for summer release

FdmNews

3864369955261264691.png

What would a morning be without a little injection of rumorjuice courtesy of DigiTimes? Today's tattle has HTC's 10.1-inch LTE "Puccini" tablet hitting mass production in June with AU Optronics and Wintek pegged as the touch panel suppliers. Other specs, like the 1.5GHz MSM8660 processor and Android 3.0.1 build, seem to have been culled from that 911sniper leak which DigiTimes graciously cites as "sources in the supply chain." Of course, the June date has been tossed around before by DigiTimes but it's good to hear it again so close to the 10-incher's rumored summer release.

Source: Engadget.

This one looks like the UI is rather nice. I have definitely enjoyed the look that HTC gives to their devices. Sure, they run plain old android like every other smartphone these days, but the customised interface they give it looks truly amazing. Does anyone have an HTC phone and can comment on the ease of use and feel of the OS?

I don't own one myself, but I have seen a few HTC's in action, and they are quite powerful. Maybe someone will come along and give us some more info ^^

:bounce:

gogo

Yeah, I'm actually considering an HTC when my current phone contract expires, it will have to depend on if the phone is released in Australia and how it compares to other stuff by then...