Divine Devotion to Summoning?

What d'yall think about the idea?

I've been kicking the pro's and con's around.

How powerful to make em, how long to make em, diff kinds of summons and what kinda attributes/skills/et cetera

Got about fifteen types of ideas on the table, but was wondering what y'all think.

I assume you mean Ker/Sakkara Demon summoning? What do you mean by 'different summons?'

I tested DD's effects on a couple of the godspells, but not this one. I know that it will reduce the cooldown, and I believe it will give a higher-level demon that lasts longer before turning on you.

To tell the truth, every time I took Ker with a 'good' build, I never ever had issues killing the big bugger when he got nasty with me... so maybe a tougher or meaner 'deity' would be a good thing!

I mean complete conversion bro.

Summoning a cleric who casts hp regen and reflect spells on you

Summoning an archer who puts all status effects on arrows

Summoning a minotaur who hits opponents w big axes and stuns em

Summoning an undead priest who debuffs enemies and summons skeletons

Summoning a golem who acts very similar to Gar'Colossus (w/o the leech rocks), slow and mighty

Summoning a mechanic tower that casts a field effect (poison cloud, electrical field, HP drain, et cetera)

Summoning a TG that throws out land mines (not fire traps)

That's just some of the ideas. Lotsa possibilities

You will be limited to only one summon however. There is now way to change the summon based on the level of divine devotion (or the level of the spell) so you would need to pick one of these and stick with it.

You will be limited to only one summon however. There is now way to change the summon based on the level of divine devotion (or the level of the spell) so you would need to pick one of these and stick with it.

Absolutely.

You would need strategically choose what would enhance your play style when you begin the character.

Don't wanna use it like a buff. Your summon works for you until the time runs out, then he whiffs out. When the summon is dispelled, then the cooldown begins.

Dunno how to code it yet, but I believe it shouldn't be that hard to apply principles already in play for summons.

The reason I pose the question here in the forum is 'will it be useful to others'? I could do it for me, cause I know the style of play I use, and make it useful to me. But I'd create the mod, and people may say 'well bro, that's neat, but I'm not innerested' :whistle:

I think it could be of use to the community. But I'd like to hear from us if it interests us as a group.

You know the sprites available already, and I'm sure you have ideas of how they can be augmented to do diff things desired.

So if you DB (or any one else) were to dream and have a summon at your beck and call, what would you choose to call?

I like the idea. I have wanted a pure summoner type character. This is a good step towards that. anyway a great idea imo

I thought about that'n too.

If you were to have a full summoner character, what kinda stuff would you like to summon?

Okay.

A pure necromantic then. Like the ones from Diablo 2 is what I'm thinking you're looking into.

I'm gonna do something at some point w a Dragon Mage to do that, but not at present.

The summons I wanna do for now are to be powerful, but temporary, through the divine devotion button.

From what I can divine ;) from your links, then a mummy priest would be pretty cool then. I want it to be kinda like The Sinister Price with the same kinda combat arts.

Debuffs, attacks, summons.

W the dragon mage summon, wanna make summons that can keep up with you when you run or mounted, but gotta experiment a lil first.

It'd be nifty if each of the DD powers had an accompanying summons associated with it. Get the regular effect with a summons tacked on the end with the summons being affected by the skill level (like the demon). I dunno. May be too powerful, but would certainly be a reason to actually invest in the skill.

It'd be nifty if each of the DD powers had an accompanying summons associated with it. Get the regular effect with a summons tacked on the end with the summons being affected by the skill level (like the demon). I dunno. May be too powerful, but would certainly be a reason to actually invest in the skill.

Never though of it like that.

But the last sentence 'a reason to actually invest in the skill' is what spurred my thinking toward this in the first place. :)

Perhaps if it was set up like the representative of the deity came forward to cast the spell. Then it would make logical sense. Then the deity's rep could hang out for a while and help, and you could have both.

You'd hafta make sure it didn't get too ugly strong, but it is a really good idea.