How soon can you leave a "new" work?

I've been in my new work for 2 months and 1 week already so in just 3 more weeks I would be regularized. The work is actually quite easy, the boss is OK but almost all our "internal clients" are not. I'm stressed out on almost a daily basis and frankly I don't like this feeling at all. To top it all the salary is not too good compared to the minimum I'm supposed to get as a skilled migrant. I'm not applying for other jobs yet because it might not look too good if I absent myself to go for an interview within being sure I would be accepted. At least the situation would be a bit different if I'm already a regular employee. So back to my question for you guys "how soon can you leave a "new" work?

I'm not sure how it works down there but I've had several co-workers quit after a few weeks or months...it's all in how you do it.....if you're up front and explain that this isn't the job for you (for whatever reasons) I'm sure management will understand.

Now my job is a bit different as in order to be a vital part of the company you can't be afraid of heights. Some people think they're not but once they actually try to do it they find they are. The ones that have come to me and been honest I have no problem with. Not everyone is cut out to do this. Those guys I will help out as much as possible even if it's just a letter of recommendation to the next employer. The guys that simply quit on me I have no respect for and won't be praising when the next potential employer comes calling.

If you're already stressed it sounds like you won't be at this job long. I would try to schedule interviews on the weekends or nights. If they ask about your current job, and if they can contact them, just be honest. Maybe get a co-worker or two that you trust to vouch for you. If you get an hour lunch maybe try to fit one or two in there during the week.

I don't know what 'regularized' means but if that is an important milestone then I think you need to hang in til at least then. It's tough to give advice especially without knowing the ins and outs of the regulations and worker benefits/rights. Heck even my advice within my own country wouldn't work for many. All I can say is honesty is your best policy. Like I've always said...I will never stop anyone from trying to better themselves. If you find a better opportunity, you have to go for it.

Couldn't have put it any better Knuckles!

I've been at my current job for a year, and I just can't see myself growing any further. As a chef, I would like to make different styles of food, but we do only "French". The current headchef only started this year, so she will stay for a long time still, and that leaves me with no where to move up to in the company. I am dead honest with her when I do go for interviews, and tell her about them. Also, not a big concern for me, but something that might make me take another job is the pay. I've been there for a year now and have had 2 promotions, but still, I'm getting the same basic minimal salary.

You have to do what is best for you!

Delta!

Edited by Delta!

I once quit a new job after only one day.

The people and environments were p*ssing me off.

I could have worked there for 3 months in agony, but what is the point of that?

When you get a job in which you don't feel comfortable at all, just leave it.

Life is too short to waste on things you really don't want to do.

When it comes to work, there are always opportunities around.

I once quit a new job after only one day.

The people and environments were p*ssing me off.

I could have worked there for 3 months in agony, but what is the point of that?

When you get a job in which you don't feel comfortable at all, just leave it.

Life is too short to waste on things you really don't want to do.

When it comes to work, there are always opportunities around.

Wow you left after one day!! I totally agree with your maxim on leaving a work you don't like because I also did that in my home country. But my situation right now is a but different because I'm a new migrant in my new country. So my work experience (which happens to be 10 years doesn't have the impact it once had. I just want to make sure that when I leave this job I will have a new one immediately. For now I can't really afford having no income.