Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes

I've been taking a little break from Guild Wars recently because I found this game on Steam 2 weeks ago :

Official Site

I bought the PC version from steam there : Steam Link

I must say that I love this game, and as of now everyone I showed this game to loved it.

There is a lot of content for the game (which costs only 15$) :

-Campaign of about 20-25 hours

-Multiplayer Hotseat

-Online Multiplayer (1vs1, 2vs2)

I've been addicted to this game since then, and I decided to share my new little addiction to you.

Max

Thanks for the heads up Max

It looks something like magical battle chess? And there's a mp mode? Have you played it with anyone else yet, can you tell more about this? It looks like something that can be picked up easy, but involving... it's got that board game background?

:)

gogo

Hrm... I saw a review of this on "Reviews on the Run" TV show... looks similar in concept to a game I got with my PC... Plants vs. Zombies. Extremely fun, but PvZ was a little shallow, I would assume this one has a lot more playablility. RPG and Strategy in one game, I may have to check it out!

Have you played it with anyone else yet, can you tell more about this?

I played a few games online (but you need to finish the campaign to unlock each faction secret unit + the secondary hero).

You pick your hero, you choose your 3 core units (could be 3 diffrent ones, or 3 of the same, etc.), and you have to pick 2 units that can be either Elite Units or champion Units.

Depending of the game options, you also have to pick an artifact to help your hero / your troops.

Each player starts with 100HP and the HP has to be brought down to 0 for the fight to end.

Here's a screen of the unit selection (in french):

clashofheroesunitscreen.png

The sword represents how much damage damage the unit will do when fully charge.

The arm muscle represents how much damage this unit can absorb before getting killed.

The sand glass represents how many turns the unit will take to launch its attack.

Almost every unit has a different ability that can sometimes change the direction of a fight. This one heals the hero while charging its attack. The knight creates a protective shield on him blocking 50% of power before taking damage.

These were only a few examples of units in the game. There are 5 factions, all with different unit and abilities. The game is really easy to pick up, but demanding in order to know all the advanced battle mechanics.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I got the game to play on my Nintendo 3DS (originally though it is only a DSi game) and I love it.

I also have the pc version.

It is a very easy game to start playing but an extremely hard game to get proficient at.

The randomness of the armies in battle can be very frustrating at times but if you fail in a battle you can easily replay that battle and hope for a better setup.

It is one of those games where the time just seems to disappear when playing.

If you love turn based strategy combat games it is well worth the $15 for the pc version and also worth whatever you can get it for if you have a Nintendo DS/3DS. :thumbsup:

I completed the Campaign in 23 hours. Now I have plenty of things to learn and discover by playing MP and testing game mechanics.

Max

Below is what I found out about the game approximately one year ago from my History of M&M piece.

This game is a console release that took pieces from HoMM, Japanese role playing games, and puzzle games. The player took part in story-driven and secondary quests along with recruiting an army and managing resources. The player could use forces from the Haven, Inferno, Sylvan, Academy, and Necropolis factions from Heroes of Might & Magic V. Unlimited faction troops could be used, although there are limits to the amount of elite troops. The story of the game is set approximately 40 years before the events in HoMM5. The five heroes that lead the troops could find artifacts to improve the hero or troop abilities.

max, who are you playing with online. Does it help you match up with players? Is there supported hosting wth this game?

:)

gogo

You can host your own game with your rules (timer and/or artifact) but I mostly use the Quick Game option which aumatically finds a game for me.

Max

• 5 months later...

Bumping this topic because the game in 50% off on Steam this weekend.

I asked one of my friends to try the game, and he got addicted right away!

Max