Automatic server, difficulty, type of game parameters?

Hello community,

I'm starting to play online in "free play" to farm with my chars but it can be a little pain to have to re-enter all the time the server name, the difficulty level and the type of game.

So, is there a way to have the fields automatically set to my preferences?

I saw this topic http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19231-dedicated-serverpossible/page__p__6933141__hl__%2Bserver+%2Bname__fromsearch__1#entry6933141 but I'm not familiar with command lines and bat files and all.

What I would want is something like, "I join the lobby on the net", click on "create game" and my fields are already filled. Same thing when I disconnect from my current game so that I don't have to manually re-enter all the parameters. Lot of time saved at finish and farming would be a lot more effective.

I tried at least to put the server name in the optionscustom.txt but it doesn't seem to work.

Egally I tried the various commands shown in the above post but I didn't manage to have it to work.

It would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much for your help.

hmm yes, I didn't pay attention at this.

There's a command "-nondedicated", would it be a solution?

Anyway I don't know how to launch the server apart from the game itself...

I stand corrected, that thread also mentions Open Net, not just LAN.

In that thread, I give an example DOS command to start a stand-alone LAN game, but (in theory) you can start an Open server by changing one of the parameters. The EXE is in the same folder as the game itself.

Thanks Lujate for porting interest in my little "problem".

I tried the dos command in Execute (s2gs.exe -name=mySacredServer -connmode=opennet -diff=silver -mode=hardcore -type=free) but Windows says it doesn't find the file s2gs.exe and displays the error. That's all. Of course the s2gs.exe is there, in my Sacred 2 Gold/system folder.

And if I make a bat file in the system folder with this command line, the processus starts well but ends at FsArchive:FsArchive(../pak/), then I can wait, nothing happens (same thing with -connmode=lan)

So I don't know...

Edit: I tried to see if I saw the server anyway while the dos window is there but nothing, in lan or opennet.

Edited by desm

Finally got it to work, at least in lan mode. Not open net. I don't know what did the trick so I can't tell :(

I think it's good and answers to what I asked, thanks Lujate :)

See you.

If you are playing by yourself, LAN should be sufficient. I have a BAT file that runs a LAN server but I never tried Open. I understand that firewalls can be a real problem with Open.

yes I play alone for now but too bad the open net doesn't work.

I just wonder one thing:

What if I put mode=softcore while I play a harcore char? I didn't try (in case to ruin my char).

Oh well ,I will test with a test perso to see.

Edit: well that's good news I think, I simply don't see the server (putting softcore while playing hardcore char).

Ok, nice, see you.

Edited by desm

I've managed to have my server to show in Open net but now, I don't know why, the connexion to the lobby is impossible :(

Anyone has an idea? maybe it has to do with the -lobby_cdkey<keypool>=<key> but I don't know what the keypool is and the fomat of the key (the Sacred2 one or the Ice and Blood one? with or without the "-"?)

If you have some ideas it would great :)

Thanks.

btw for the open net you only have (I think) to put your logins, like:

s2gs.exe -lobby=eu.sacred2.net -lobby_port=6800 -lobby_name=xxxxxx -lobby_pwd=xxxxxxx -port=7011 -name=WastelandFr -connmode=opennet -diff=gold -mode=hardcore -type=free AND to open the 7011 port for the s2gs.exe for me on my routeur.

Edit: hmm maybe, like I'm already logged in for the server, I can't connect to the lobby?

Edit2: well in fact I can connect to the lobby but only after I have joined my server one time, it's already that :)

I think problem is solved, great! :BlobRed:

Thanks again Lujate, see you.

Edited by desm