Wonderful moments and horrible memories.

I'd like to start by saying I went back a couple of pages both here and over at S1 section, to see if there was a similar thread. I do apologise if I missed it.

Share your memories, epic battles or things that almost made you cry. S1 & 2 :)

I'd like to start with Sacred 1.

Wandering in the desert with my gladiator. Slaughtering undead and orcs. He was happy, laughing like a happy child.. Insane, but happy child. Then this tune started playing, I belive it's called Ancarias Soul, music_fight09 in the mp3 folder of Underworld. I was in awe when I heard it, as I turn around and jump into a bunch of undeads I see -- A Dragon! Dragon + that epic music = magic moment for me. I died, but got him eventually and that was my Yay in S1.

My nay in that game was the bug when your character got stuck and nothing but a reload could get it right... and the no hp-bug in multiplayer.

Sacred 2

The moment I got on seraphim island. The music, the atmosphere.. At that point the adventure started to feel as an epic journey. I was now feeling that I was playing a major part in the history of the world. +slaughtering kobolds, I love those guys :)

Then Ice and Blood came. I was walking around Crystal planes, shattering things. Everything looked wonderful, nice sound and music. My gfx-card was begging for mercy.. and then BAM! Flashing red, dead.... Hc toon, died like that. Oh well, re-roll a new toon. Hmm, he doesn't have the skull icon. He is still alive! Phew-- Ok, back to explore crystal planes. Again dead, again and agai-- you get it now. Nasty bug. I avoid that area like the plauge.

I could tell about many battles, funny things, graphic bugs and so on.. But the things above here is what I will remember for years to come.

What are the things that will be stuck in your memory?

• 4 weeks later...

Sacred 1: Underworld

My "yay" moment was putting pistols and cannons on the dwarf. Funny yet effective. Daemon flying ability is a close second. Also some of those sakkara mage death yells were extremely funny. Aahhhh~oooh~aeiih~waaaaaaaaa!

My "nay" moment was my battle mage getting swarmed and wiped out by those weird tentacled things that temporarily freeze combat art timers. I forget how to work around that - load up +meteor equipment and zoom out? - but from then on I played that area frequently. Sweet vengeance.

Sacred 2

My "yay" moment: killing dragons with reflected damage. 'nuff said. The end-game area is a distant second: tons of T-energy, huge canyons, demons, high-tech environment, swarms of temple guardians including some massive end bosses - what's not to like? I love that place, only (minor) annoyance is that it's so remote.

My "nay" moment was my extremely defensive energy-shielded temple guardian getting wiped out in two hits from boss mummies. While everything else in the game was hitting me for 50-250 damage, these guys hit for 3000 up close and personal: no time to react. It's been years yet I still avoid them like the plague. (I never had any trouble with the scarabs, though everyone else claimed scarabs were buggy.)

My favourite moment in sacred 1 would of been when I finally finished the campaign! Such an epic questline :)

Least favourite moment was when my level 90 something (I think level 99) trapper dark elf died, or when there was a patch that reset all of my character slots, including my level 96 seraphim :(.

Not played enough sacred 2 to comment on that though!

For Sacred 2:

Yay-Grinding the Abishai into the ground in retribution for my first HC death.

Nay-Losing my super elf to an overgrown salamander. I still say I was robbed. :biggrin:

Edited by lujate

In S1 - the first time I ventured into online play. I'd never played a game online before. I'd done bulletin boards and chatrooms, but not games. I naturally started in SP and found some fun people... we had a large party and were fighting hoardes many levels above us... as long as one player survived at the battle site, we'd all keep teleporting back after dieing... probably died twenty times in as many minutes. But it was such a different experience from solo play.

I cannot believe I forgot to mention MP. Ice and Blood was my first online game ever. I did not get it until late last spring, so I it was already past its prime when I started, but it was still great. I can only imagine what it was like during the golden age.

• 2 months later...

Now that the servers are most likely coming to an end, I'd like to share my moments and experiences with the game, and I'd like you to share yours.

What I loved :

-The Kamikaze events! I couldn't always be there, but every time I was there we had a real blast and just couldn't wait for the next event.

-All the fun I had at the Going Away Party We weren'a lot when I played, but it's been a while since I had so much fun, we got random stuff happening, we did great quest chains like back in the days, and all that was done with big smiles on our face even though we knew the servers would shut down.

-My first playthrough of the game! When I got at the end, I just realized I spent 52 hours in this wonderful world, full of magic, full of awesomeness with a gameplay that I wish other game companies would borrow for their games.

-The great dedication of this community. Players spent a lot of their time to expand the Sacred Wiki to make it a beautiful place with lots of informations, details and everything newcomers need to know. I think this point is what makes DarkMatters stand out the most versus other communities.

I didn't really have "horrible" memories with the game, but here's a few things that I'll remember for whatever reason :

-The death of my Level 77 Celestial Seraphim. It's the highest level character I had, and I'll always remember how she died. No bugs or whatever similar, just plain deadly life leech from the big eyes in the Cursed Forest. It's the very first game that I play with the Hardcore Mode, and I've been so affected by the death when it happened, I closed the game right away, and I told myself : "How could she have died, she was doing good, and I spent so many hours on that charatcer (at least 60 if I remember correctly)". I went on the forums with some kind of like a bad after-taste in my mouth and read about other players losing characters. And they made me realize that it's part of the game. And when they got knocked down, they got back up almost as fast and started working on a better character build to try to achieve their ultimate objective. So I did the same, and moved on to another character. It's other players' love and dedication for the game that kept me playing, and I'll never forget that.

-The game's technical problems. I was able to play well, have had crashes and bugs here and there, but almost everyone seemed to be in the same boat. There's always been a little something that prevented the situation to be perfect, and I'll always remember that because I think the online servers would have lasted a little longer without all these problems.

That was all I had to say about my game experience for now. I hope you'll take time to share your experiences too, I'd love to read what you have to say.

Max

Ah memories....for S1 it's easy..I can think of several

1) The very first time I played on-line it was hardcore...got invited to a party, went with a couple players to the orc cave and promptly took a dirt nap. After logging back in with a new toon, I was showered with gold and items from just about everyone in the game.....I was hooked at that point and never looked back

2) Discovering the Babylon 5 cave in the expansion and then luring everyone to their 'deaths' :evil: Spent all night doing this...it was evil but in the end no one actually lost their toons

3) Justin and the spandex game

4) Getting my Dark Elf to level 200, right after I lost a level 186 one to a bug

5) My battle mage dying in the desert. He was laying vertical in the air with just his heels touching the rump of his horse. Other players would bump into the horse causing it to move so the inactivity timer never got close to kicking me out of game. I believe I spent the longest time dead in game ever :P

6) Getting my DE to jump from the pirate isles to the khorad shoreline

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of good stories from Sacred 2....was pretty sick during most of it so when I finally got around to really playing it was already losing it's appeal with many players

5) My battle mage dying in the desert. He was laying vertical in the air with just his heels touching the rump of his horse. Other players would bump into the horse causing it to move so the inactivity timer never got close to kicking me out of game. I believe I spent the longest time dead in game ever :P

and I still have the picture to prove it :4rofl:

http://www.clan-da.com/showpost.php?p=82200&postcount=9

shot0062.jpg

omg lol....I had lost all my pics of it long ago...didn't think anyone still had them......So glad you hung on to that one lol.....

For those that might be confused...Voided was the account name for one of my extra accounts :P

p.s. There is a grave in Ancaria referring to this event...anyone know where it is?

I still chuckle about this one.

JK, MalekilX and I were in the Cursed Forest in a Gold camp server with 50-60's characters. Etherian dropped in with a 90+ character just to say hi. No one thought anything of it, so we invited him to stay. He went off to do his own thing and we carried on the Forest. It was all smooth sailing until we got to the quest to kill the 10 Eyes. I noticed they were purple, then I saw their level was 108! I had time to think OMG before MalekilX said RUN. We ran for our lives with the Eyes in pursuit. We all got away. We lived, so I can laugh about it now.

I still chuckle about this one.

JK, MalekilX and I were in the Cursed Forest in a Gold camp server with 50-60's characters. Etherian dropped in with a 90+ character just to say hi. No one thought anything of it, so we invited him to stay. He went off to do his own thing and we carried on the Forest. It was all smooth sailing until we got to the quest to kill the 10 Eyes. I noticed they were purple, then I saw their level was 108! I had time to think OMG before MalekilX said RUN. We ran for our lives with the Eyes in pursuit. We all got away. We lived, so I can laugh about it now.

Now that you mention, I do recall that moment.

Sorry bout that mate! Do not want anyone dieing on my behalf!

I remain, :hugs: