Diablo 3 Item Modifiers - any cool ones?

Hey guys

Item mods were one of my favourite things in Sacred, lots of fun, creative and out of the box (gold for health FTW!). Is there a list of these for D3 anywhere I can just sink my teeth into?

:)

gogo

List of Prefixes/Suffixes/Non-Magical Prefixes

http://www.diablowik...agical_Prefixes

Items with non-magical prefixes, are not Magic items, they still maintain a white colored name, they are rather, prefixes that make the item better than normal, sometimes adding magical effects BUT not making the item change its color to blue. Also the magical effects (if any) are randomized.

Item-gamescon2010-ornate-boots-of-accuracy.jpg
August 2010.

Note: "..." = the name of the item. So ".... of Storms" could mean "Heavy Axe of Storms" or "Short Sword of Storms"

• List of Prefixes
    • "Savage ..." : Gives X amount of Damage Increase in Percentages to the weapon.
    • "Restless ..." : Increases the base experience rewarded per kill by X.
      • "Peerlees ..." : Increases the base experience rewarded per kill by X. More than above.

[*]"Oracle's ..." : Spells deal X% more damage.

• "Bewitched ..." : Spells deal X% more damage. More than above.

[*]"Piercing ..." : Gives X to Critical Strike Rating.[*]"Ornate ..." : Worth X% more gold to Vendors.[*]"Emerald ..." : Gives X Poison Resistance.[*]"Imbued ..." : Provide class unique benefits. (Only 2 items were seen with this prefix, they made all Mana Spells and Abilities cost less mana by 1 and 2 points respectively)[*]"Lucky ..." : Increase chance of finding magic items by X.[*]"Grounded ..." : Gives X to Lightning Resistance.[*]"Ruby ..." : Gives X to Fire Resistance.[*]"Greedy ..." : Increases Gold from monsters by X%.[*]"Diamond ..." : Gives X to Arcane Resistance.[*]"Sapphire ..." : Gives X to Cold Resistance.

• List of Suffixes
    • "... of Brilliance" : Gives X to Willpower.
    • "... of Immolation" : Gives X to Y amount of Fire Damage.
    • "... of Scorching" : Gives X to Y amount of Fire Damage
    • "... of Storms" : Gives X to Y amount of Lightning Damage.
    • "... of Frost" : Gives X to Y amount of Cold Damage.
    • "... of Wrath" : Gives X to Maximum Damage.
    • "... of Accuracy" : Gives X to Dexterity.
    • "... of Dexterity" : Gives 3-4 to Dexterity. (Seen on boots.)
    • "... of Fitness" : Gives X to Vitality.
    • "... of The Bear" : Gives X to Life.
    • "... of Brawn" : Gives 3-4 to Strength. (Seen on armor and gloves.)
    • "... of Haste" : Gives X to Movement Speed.
    • "... of Fortification" : Gives X amount of Armor.
    • "... of Gore" : Increases Damage by X-Y.
    • "... of Spines" : Attacker takes X flat Damage.
    • "... of Devotion" : Gives X to Y amount of Holy Damage.
    • "... of Celerity" : Gives X amount of attack speed.
    • "... of Craftsmanship" : Gives X to Minimum Damage.
    • "... of Blight" : Gives X-Y amount of Poison Damage.
    • "... of Discipline" : Gives X to all Attributes.

• -Magical Prefixes
    • "Superior ..."
    • "Inferior ..."
    • "Socketed ..." : Contains a Socket.
    • "Exceptional ..." : Appears to have a random magical affix and is better quality than a standard item.

• Unknown Categories
    • "Devastating ..." : Unknown.
    • "Locust's ..." : Unknown.
    • "... of Focus" : Unknown.
    • "... of the Horadrim" : Unknown.
    • "... of the Elements" : Unknown.
    • "... of the Titans" : Unknown.
    • "... of Moonlight" : Unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

If D3 is anything like D1 & D2 which I believe to be the case. Among the list I see one which should/could be the most powerful modifier in-game.

◦"... of the Horadrim" : Unknown.

Deckard Cain is alive & thriving in D3 for a very specific reason. The Ancient Horadrim are the most powerful magi in all of Sanctuary.

I am surprised to see they did not pay homage to Tyreal nor Mount Arreat! What about the Ancients themselves? Afterall, they are those whom kept the good fight for so many dark years.

With the WorldStone destroyed, you would think some of its essence escaped out of the darkness to manifest itself in a much different light.

Some examples of what I am trying to portray could look as such:

◦"... of the Angel Tyreal" : Unknown.

◦"... of Mount Arreat" : Unknown.

◦"... of the Ancients" : Unknown.

◦"... of the WorldStone" : Unknown.

Extremely rare, perhaps inline with Sacred 2's legendary drop %.

I remain, :(

Item stats are one of the areas whee Diablo 3 certainly hasn't impressed yet. Pretty much all of them are amazingly generic.

Every time someone has mentioned this to Blizzard (and people have, repeatedly) they have claimed that they "got lots of interesting stats" and similar, but to date we haven't seen any proof of that.

So if those interesting stats exists, they are surely hiding it well (and I'll never understand how it could be good PR to hide such an essential aspect of your game - if it turns out that they did really exist).

That said, here is a much better example of affixes than the above (which appears to be 1½ year old):

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/item/archon-crown

For unknown reasons the site only list affixes under each item, and as different item slots can have different affixes there are no link to all of them, but it shows some affixea at least. More can be seen by picking other item types.

Most of these seems very generic as well however.

Only slightly interesting ones are "proc on hit" effects like chance to blind, freeze, fear etc. Which isn't exactly mindblowing either.

P.S. It is also worth noting that there is no information whatsoever about legendary items and which stats they might be able to have. Hopefully some of those will have interesting stuff you cant get elsewhere... but again, nobody really knows (and those who do wont tell for whatever reasons).

Edited by Shadout