I am new here and need help.

I am new to the game and I am having trouble with the game. I play as the Seraphim and when I get hit about 5-8 times by enemies, I start dying. I have to start constantly heal myself. Is this normal? Also whenever I get a chance to select a new skill to learn it doesn't give me the option to choose an offensive or defensive skill. How do I get that?

I am new to the game and I am having trouble with the game. I play as the Seraphim and when I get hit about 5-8 times by enemies, I start dying. I have to start constantly heal myself. Is this normal? Also whenever I get a chance to select a new skill to learn it doesn't give me the option to choose an offensive or defensive skill. How do I get that?

Welcome to Darkmatters!

First off, I'm not a console player - so I don't really have a clue as to how to get to the skill selection screen on one. However, if it's like the PC version, there ought to have been a prompt or two on the side of the screen to press this, press that to get there.

Now then... As for getting your butt kicked at the beginning of the game.. Yeah.. That kinda IS par for the course until you level up a few times, learn a few skills, develop combat arts.. and most importantly, get better gear. The PC version starts you off with a fairly weak sword, a couple of combat art runes and next to NO armor. Pelting strikes and Battle Stance if I recall correctly for the Seraphim. YMMV on the console version of the game.

The idea is to dispatch your enemies quickly and check your inventory after you've knocked someone off and collected their loot for better weapons. Swap the new goodie in for the old one and keep moving on - taking time to heal fully before moving too far ahead and running into the next baddie. And by all means, use your combat arts to do damage to your opponents. Sufficiently developed, a Combat Art can minimize the number of hits it takes you to get rid of some pesky enemy threatening to kill you.

But look on the bright side. The harder an enemy is to kill, the more XP you get for sending them to their early grave.

Good luck!

Edited by wolfie2kX

Welcome aboard, Mye!

Looks like Wolfie and Lujate got the answers to your questions...

just in addition :there are 4 categores - Combat Arts, Offense, Defense and General skills. Be aware that some skills are locked until you have 5 points in another skill from the same category. ie The Seraphim cannot choose Bargaining skill until you have 5 "hard" (not including bonuses) points in either Enhanced Perception, Riding or Divine Devotion.

Anything else, just holler. :)

What difficulty are you playing? If you started on Silver then, yes - the beginning of the game be a little difficult if you're not familiar with the game. If not already in Bronze, I suggest you play a little of each character in Bronze just up to around level 8 or so. This way you'll find which you like and which you don't and also get familiar with some of the game mechanics.

Tip #1 of the day: the first time I played, I never completed rune master's quest in the starting area and when I got to Thylysium I had all these tons of runes which I could not exchange.... so be sure to complete all the training quests at the start of each new game!