Diablo 3 HC - Demon hunter tips

Barristan, tell us about your toons, how are they all doing!

:)

gogo

Heyas,

ty for asking Gogo :)

Well, after ofc a few failed experiments ;) Lost 51/57/60 I now have my goldfinder DH and magicfinder DH at level 60. Goldfinder is a little further along the way, does 34K damage, ~500 resist all. She is at skeleton king Inferno, but usually farm Arreat in Hell.

Magicfinder was latest 60, does 25K damage, and has a little less resists. But finding alot of stuff .

Since these are utility toons, and still have nice dmg, I am now building a few DH that will focus on pure damage-attackspeed-crits, see if I can break the 50K barrier...

And... Building a monk and a Barb, since Immi and I are gonna need a few tanks for Inferno lol.

Barr

Ahh, another HC DH... yay!

Can you tell me about how you built these out, and what skills yer using to get them to high levels? Did you play mostly with groups or solo'd to get DH up to level 60?

gogo

Heya Gogo,

Don't forget to get Sharpshooter passive at level 50, then you'll be all good. For mobs, use Elemental arrow with Ball Lightning mod... it is DEVASTATING! (right mouse button)

For single targets.... I use Hungering arrow - Shatter shot, and Rapid fire, web shot. Using Elective mode, you can have all 3.... pretty much good for any foe ;)

Mostly getting to 60 is a bit of grinding, but nothing compared to Sacred2. Can get to 60 in well.... lets say 25 hrs?

If your DH is well equipped, farming solo, and with a decent Templar its all good till ~Hell Act 3. From there on... either you get supreme gear, OR you need a tank at your side.

Barr

for your passives, do you have both Archery and sharpshooter going at once? what about the third choice? Also, are you using 2 h blow/quiver or crossbow or two x 1hand crossbow?

I like the speed of the duel wielding, but damage is so yummy with the two handers

Thanks for posting the tips Barristan

gogo

Heya,

Both 60s are onehander + quiver, am building 3 other variants now. Not much to say about it yet, besides favoring onehander-quiver.

2-handers are a bit slow, but their damage is better, and you can get alot of +attack speed. Quivers are actually a nice way to boost the damage.

Dual wielding is a bit squishy. Check your damage, you'll often find that equipping a onehander and quiver will do more damage than dual, tho it looks GREAT! :D

For now...I'd say, go for a onehander + quiver, get alot of VIT/DEX gear, and start equipping Resistance gear later on.

A few skills for survival

1. Vault - stun mod. The sun is nice when you accidentally vault into a mob. You can ofc use it on purpose.

2. Rain of Vengeance - Stampede, These shadow creatures push back and damage your enemies, nice on bosspacks, giving you more time to smite them with ball lightning ;)

3. Caltrops; early on I use immobilise, later on Bait the trap, for extra crits.

I change passives a bit, depending on situation, there are some good combis

Cull the weak - Archery - Sharpshooter is a good one, or Archery - Shapshooter - Steady aim, the latter I use the most.

Hope this helps :D

Barr

Tactical Advantage is highly useful when playing alone, for the extra movement speed. It triggers even more often if you use Evasive Fire as primary attack, though that has the drawback of not being able to use the awesome Hungering Arrow.

Shadow Power: Gloom is nice for survivability. Means you can often stand and tank mobs. The benefit over Smoke screen is that it lasts 3 seconds, instead of 1½. Benefit of Smoke Screen is of course total immunity and anti-crowd control.

Always have gear equipped which gives you 39-40 discipline total, so you can use 3 Smoke Screens or Shadow Powers in a row.

Preparation: Backup Plan or Focused Mind depending on preferences, for getting even more Smoke Screens or Shadow Powers in.

Demon Hunters can get really high DPS, but are also by far the most squishy - when Smoke Screen or Shadow Power isnt active that is, so most of the skills/passives should be focused on survival imo, letting their insane damage come mostly from weapon, armor and their primary/secondary main attacks (Hungering Arrow/Ball Lightning, or alternatively Evasive Fire/Ball Lightning). And Sharpshooter.

Edited by Shadout