Stress Test August 10th

Hmmm.. me thinks they took pity on us poor North American's =) not sure if I will be on for all or part of this... only time will tell if it is an easy work day or not.

Hopefully Lujate and Max can play this one

Hmmm.. me thinks they took pity on us poor North American's =) not sure if I will be on for all or part of this... only time will tell if it is an easy work day or not.

Hopefully Lujate and Max can play this one

On my way home from vacation today. I should be home sometime in the afternoon (Central time). Of course, that is subject to change.

Hope you had a great vacation Luj :)

I got home early today, so I'll be able to play, not the whole time, but quite some time.

Max

Thanks guys! It was great and also an excellent way to kill one week of the wait for GW2.

I just got home and my PC started. I am right now downloading the last week's worth of updates.

They commented on FB that they are aware of the issue with one of their NA Data Providers and they are working on resolving it.

Well at least the company was good while we laughed at all the rubberbanding. Thankfully with the mobs at level 4-7 and us maxed level for the area they couldn't do us too much damage.

Hope they have another beta this weekend once the Data Server issue gets worked out.

I may try to put together a short gag reel from the footage.

I can't wait to see how it would look like! I also recorded some footage from this stress test, I'll check if there's something useful into it.

I noticed that Kiy, Lujate, Wygram & Ryan seemed to have much more issues than I did. I had a few rubberbanding here and there (maybe 10 or 15 total) and I got kicked one. But your experience seems to have been way worse than mine.

Max

I may try to put together a short gag reel from the footage.

I can't wait to see how it would look like! I also recorded some footage from this stress test, I'll check if there's something useful into it.

I noticed that Kiy, Lujate, Wygram & Ryan seemed to have much more issues than I did. I had a few rubberbanding here and there (maybe 10 or 15 total) and I got kicked one. But your experience seems to have been way worse than mine.

Max

I had the rubber-banding problem so bad I just quit. Nothing like it during any of BWEs or stress tests.

You probably weren't connected thru the same North American Server we were. It wasn't the game per-se that was the issue it was one of their internet providers for the US. Only the people connected thru the connection that was having issues had the rubberbanding.

I had no issues at the beginning. I did not experience any lag during our under-level sortie into the the swamp. About half way through though, it started, and near the end trying to play was just a bad joke. Here is what ArenaNet posted on the official forum:

About Lag and Latency Issues

We’re having an issue with one of the Internet connections in our North American data center. Anyone connecting to us through that link is experiencing bad lag right now. Our network operations team is working to get it resolved.

Please read this thread to learn how you can help us track this issue.

I think another NA stress test is a safe assumption. I doubt they want to go into head start without insuring whatever they did fixed the issue.

Most of the gags were just the same ones repeated, so I cherry-picked the best examples.

Most of the gags were just the same ones repeated, so I cherry-picked the best examples.

Great vid! I had a good laugh, and I didn't know your experience has been this bad during the stress test.

I also jumped through the gate at the first BWE, I'm glad it never happened again for me.

Max

Edited by Flooxim