Diablo III Patch 1.0.4

The changes are fantastic! I was reading just some of them for the DH at work... huge increase in her damage...they bascially just made her all the other classes more fun... hurray!

:bounce:

gogo

I've been playing all morning, the damage increases for all the DH Skills is AWESOME. !

A lot of the edge that I was having with this game in HC, is now much smoother, and I feel like it's a more fair, reasonable level of difficulty. Whew. And did you guys see all the new abilities of the legendaries?

Best thing about this game was skills, and now items have 'em...check out the demon with the chain legendary... plus, and I know this is small thing...but I was always really bugged by how some of the stuff like gems and potions were all white... to me, they would all blur away with big party action..no more...these guys have picked out perfect hues...I'll never miss a pot again.

This is a good patch, Diablo 3 is moving away from a job/chore to a game again.

oh no...addiction...

:oooo:

gogo

I'm kinda sad the game is made easier all the time.

Most of the changes are good for sure, like somewhat better skill balance (still a looong way to go there), much more interesting legendaries, balancing some of the more insane elite affixes etc. With all the increases in player dmg inferno just out to not be nerfed at the same time as I see it.

Hopefully more actual and optional end-game will be added in later patches to make the difficulty of inferno a moot point, but right now it is a shame to read the endless amounts of nerfs :)

Edit: Blue text on gems and tomes are not a small thing! I have missed a ton of them so far.

Edited by Shadout

but right now it is a shame to read the endless amounts of nerfs :)

Nope

Perfect for me!

I will get to play with more friends online, without everyone having to feel so much stress on having to use AH for equipment all the time to make sure that they don't die so fast.

That's a job, not a game ;)

Diablo 3 became a job, constant shopping, auctioning...

... peeps want a game that drops stuff...easy playing, and something that has a more appropriate balance tween death in hc and play time.

For me, this game is going in a good new direction, and we may even see Schot play in more groups ^^

Diablo 3's difficulty level was so hard, seasoned players here on this site were feeling the pressure, dying, dropping out, talking about other games.

It's not enough to say that players should play better.

Looking at the numbers told Blizzard that the majority were not working with the set game, and were leaving.

With this, Blizzard may yet save the game, there may be a chance of more hc players that I knew coming back, for me... a true success...

I get to play with my friends.

:)

gogo

Should be possible to accommodate both groups of players imo, by having content that fits everyone.

The issue with inferno was that it was both difficult and at the same time the place to get gear. Essentially to beat inferno act 1 you had to get gear from inferno act 3. Which was a problem obviously - as in pretty much impossible for anyone not exploiting - until Blizzard came to their senses and allowed the high end gear to drop in late Hell and early inferno as well. Even then it was a very slow progress with people getting stuck in act 1. I get why people don't like that.

The goal should always be to have the difficult content be beyond the gearing content. Having difficult content mostly for the sake of challenge, and not for better gear - since if there are better gear rewards to be had, then everyone will have an expectation of being able to get there.

Edited by Shadout

Hm, maybe it ends up being a good thing that the game has been so flawed at release. Sounds like Blizzard has gotten scared into increasing their ambitions for patches a great deal (compared to pre-release comments about not wanting to make any content patches between expansions...).

A new post about future plans here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250#1

(ignoring the first half which is basically Jay Wilson excusing for being yet another Facebook teenager not understanding the concept of public spheres)

Edited by Shadout