Guild Wars 2 - Next Guild Upgrade (09 Sep 12)

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which upgrade?

• Expand bank
    • Guild Weapons Contract

In the next week or so, we should have the 5,000 Influence saved to purchase the next guild upgrade. We have two choices, either expand the guild bank from 50 to 150 slots, or the Guild Weapons Contract. The total cost for the bank expansion would be 10,000 Influence and the Guild Weapons Contract 6,000.

My personal opinion is that we should expand the bank. We have the Guild Armorer Contract and prices there start at 1gp. I assume the Weapons Contract prices will be at least that expensive. I for one cannot afford that right now, and I would expect that not many other members can either.

I voted the Bank expansion because I agree with all what you said. Guild Armor seems pretty expensive, and I'm already using in-game gold to purchase gems for bank tabs and character slots.

Max

I agree, the bank is always full, and Lujate is having to make a mule on his account to accommodate low level bank items. FDM members are very generous and the bank is filled as fast as anyone removes a single piece (and this is out of the norm for most MMO's).

I've hunkered down to reading and gobbling up all this guild resource info. Yummy on the bank always bein full, can hardly wait to take place in contributive role as wel!

Is the bank slots full of stuff that members are picking up?

:)

gogo

Since you can now send mail to offline players, the bank no longer serves as a mechanism for trading between players. (Sorry, I missed that question in your prior post.)

I think most of the items are drops that look good, but the player cannot use. To be generous, they drop the item in the guild bank. It just seems that members are not really taking items from the bank. Personally, I have taken some crafting mats but not really taken any items. Of course, AFAIK, I have the highest level character on the main server, so all of the items are too low for me. I cannot say why others are not withdrawing. It could be the items are not as good as the depositer believed.

I think a lot of the items are for Warrior or Guardian (I.e. Heavy Armour, Maces, Hammers & Shields), which so far none of us on this server have. I personally don't save anything unless it is low level and looks exceptionally good, and I typically send/ask a person directly if they can use something I think is appropriate for them.

I have not withdrawn anything because I have yet to level any Alt Char. Also, gear really does seem easy to come by compared to most games I have played. I don't think I have ever changed gear as often as I do here. Because there is SOOOOO much gear out there IMHO only time will tell what is truly exceptional.

Well two members completed their level 60 personal stories, earning an extra 400 Influence each. That unexpected boost put us over the 5000 required to start the next upgrade.

I am closing the voting on this issue. With 100% of the votes for the guild bank, I see no point in waiting. I have started the final prerequisite, which will take 72 hours to construct. Next is the Guild Treasure Trove itself, which will cost another 5000.