Guild Wars 2 - The Lost Shores

The Lost Shores is a game release coming to Guild Wars 2 during November 2012. The new content will involve the Sea of Sorrows and be scaled up to level 80, allowing players of any level to access the event. This content will launch on November 16th, 2012 at noon PST (20:00 GMT) beginning with a one-time event spanning three days. However, there will be hints and teasers appearing before then to build up the new content.[1] The remainder of the content release (the pvp map, island, and dungeon) will permanently remain after the weekend event is over.

Might be a little short-noticed, but should we create a topic for a dungeon run just like we did for the other runs?

I thought about it, but since it is permanent I figured most people would be more interested in the limited time content.

Here are my thoughts on the final event, as posted on the official GW2 forums here.

That final event was a ridiculous, 3 hour long, rez-fest. Due to lag, disconnects and just plain stupid content, we finished up with significantly fewer people than the number we had when we started. I would like to know if this is characteristic of how the events are going to be, so I can know to skip them.

Anet posted this tonight:

We have a team looking into disconnection problems that prevented some people from receiving their event rewards.

We will implement a solution so that people who participated will get their rewards, but this takes work on our end, so it will not happen today.

Keep an eye on our forums and social media channels, we will let you know once we have the solution in place.

Thank you, and we apologize that you were unable to claim your rewards.

here is the link if you want to read it directly from their forums https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this

Im glad to see they are at least trying to fix this.

Ugh don't get me started on this event. I'm still in a bad mood this morning. I hope that those of you that stuck to the end actually got a decent reward?

AFAIK, everyone who finished got this:

• One 20 slot bag
  • One nice earring
  • Two Exotics (A fair amount of people report that one was a Legendary precursor, which sell for up to 200gp on the TP).
  • Two Rares

Good loot for sure, but I asked myself right after the event if the loot made the event worth while. Without hesitation, my response was, "no loot would have made up for that event".

Ugh don't get me started on this event. I'm still in a bad mood this morning. I hope that those of you that stuck to the end actually got a decent reward?

AFAIK, everyone who finished got this:

• One 20 slot bag
  • One nice earring
  • Two Exotics (A fair amount of people report that one was a Legendary precursor, which sell for up to 200gp on the TP).
  • Two Rares

Good loot for sure, but I asked myself right after the event if the loot made the event worth while. Without hesitation, my response was, "no loot would have made up for that event".

I agree, whole thing was a real pain. Looking forward to our normal dungeon runs instead of this stuff. :viking:

I miss the spell check from the old forum.....

Edited by Wygram
  • 3 weeks later...

Last night I got a chest from Anet in mail. So to top off an already upbeat evening with my graphics all boosted up, I got some nice loot to boot! The 20 slot bag and the earring are the only two items I'm holding on to. I got an exotic medium armor coat and exotic heavy chest piece. I won't be using the chest piece so that is up for grabs and I doubt I'll reach level 80 soon with my necro or ranger, so the coat is also up for grabs.

It was a bit late last night when I got the mail, so I did not note exactly the items I received, but I did not put these items in the guild bank, because if there are no takers, then I'm gonna sell for a bit of gold.

Last night I got a chest from Anet in mail. So to top off an already upbeat evening with my graphics all boosted up, I got some nice loot to boot! The 20 slot bag and the earring are the only two items I'm holding on to. I got an exotic medium armor coat and exotic heavy chest piece. I won't be using the chest piece so that is up for grabs and I doubt I'll reach level 80 soon with my necro or ranger, so the coat is also up for grabs.

It was a bit late last night when I got the mail, so I did not note exactly the items I received, but I did not put these items in the guild bank, because if there are no takers, then I'm gonna sell for a bit of gold.

I am glad you finally got your reward. Better late than never on ANet's part. :thumbsup: